The D4 team is looking for a few more people

If you think you can do it better (that is what some of you have said) now is your chance. :point_down:

The team focuses on the replayable and systemic content found throughout the Open World in Diablo IV.

The team focuses on fleshing out the Open World in Diablo IV, transforming it into a living, breathing place. Features include friendly towns, enemy camps, and more.

Zaven Haroutunian :armenia::us: on Twitter: ā€œJoin us on Diablo IV - breathe life into Sanctuary. :fire:Lead Event Designer https://t.co/QwtitzWKPA :fire:Lead Open World Designer https://t.co/7tckDse3RD #diablo4 #diablo #gamedev #design #blizzardā€ / Twitter

4 Likes

Those armchair developers in this forum should apply now since they think they are so smart and above us when it comes to creating a perfect Diablo game.

8 Likes

I would test itā€¦ as for being a game designer, well i gave up persuing that years ago since people only thought it was funny that i applied.

I would directly sign in! On Monday i will write my apply. Do u rly think they give me the chance?

Cross your fingers for me pls. I will deliver!

Edit: i couldnā€™t w8, so i just started one min before. But ā€¦ u forgot to mention this:

Requirements

Experience

• Minimum of 5 yearsā€™ experience in game design, including senior design experience on a shipped product
  • Experience mentoring and growing new designers
  • Experience playing or working on Action RPGs (not limited to Diablo)
  • Experience playing or working on Open World or Online Multiplayer RPG content

Knowledge & Skills

• Deep understanding of what it takes to make fun, varied and compelling replayable content
  • Excellent written and verbal communications skills.

Pluses

Experience

• Experience creating content for games using an isometric perspective
  • Experience with creating content for multiplayer online RPG games
  • Authoring game content using the Lua scripting language
  • Experience in Pipeline development and Process improvement

But if some dev read this (i donā€™t fullfill the requirements but i have other talents and a diablo passion!) and u donā€™t find anyone else u can write me i will and rly want to support u and create dIV together with u and the team! :slight_smile: :muscle:t4:

Edit2:
Now i cross the fingers that u find the right leaders (m/w/d) who hlps u to create another epic diablo title! Someone who is much more skilled and better for the team as me! Hell is coming, but hope will die last

I already knew that they were going for this, but seeing them mention it again as their focus is still incredible and makes me hope that they do great with it.

2 Likes

Worrying that they havenā€™t found one yet though. Canā€™t wait to see what the team have actually been doing.

A LOT of people have left Blizz in the past year and a half. Between the Pandemic, re-evaluating life, and work conditions/issues. Also a lot more jobs have opened up and it is an opportunity to do something new.

Yesterday I saw no less than 3 long term Blizz employees post goodbye notices on Twitter.

What I do like though, is that job postings give an idea how the teams are structured and insight into the direction they are taking the games.

This is nice to see. I really hope whoever gets the job is good at this part! :grin:

Just as soon as someone has a universal definition of a ā€œfun gameā€ that everyone agrees on. :rofl: :rofl: :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Ooof, thatā€™s probably akin to asking for the moon and/or more.

This part is a bit worrying:
ā€œon Twitter: Join us on Diablo IV - breathe life into Sanctuary.ā€

Is the new MMO dead already? :cry:

Well, if it comes with a USB attachment that magically creates as many mugs of tea as the player wants whilst the gameā€™s running, Iā€™d buy that lickety-split.

Nah, it was never alive as Diablo 4 isnā€™t an mmo in the first place. Thatā€™ll be Diablo Immortal.

1 Like

If Diablo Immortal is an MMO it must stand for Many Mobiles Overheating.

2 Likes

The team focuses on the replayable and systemic content found throughout the Open World in Diablo IV, enriching the elder-game content and the shared world of sanctuary. Features include Local Events, Bounties, and more.

They said BOUNTIES. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :cold_face:

Nice cry for help, unfortunately forum posters sit at the highest echelons of game design, they canā€™t afford us.

Real talk. I am designing my own game atm, it is going to change the world of gaming like Demonā€™s Souls did. The majority of games atm suck because all developers do is sit around thinking up ways to distract gamers so they donā€™t leave their sandbox. Itā€™s why games with lower age ratings sell much better even though kids have less money, it is far easier to entertain young people with a washed up clown than it is to entertain a room full of sophisticated adults with lots of money to spend.

Hopefully the bounties arenā€™t like D3 bounties, where most of them are repeated quests that you already completed in campaign mode.

I just thought they would have found a lead dev already. Iā€™m not shocked though with everything thatā€™s gone on and all.

without other games under your belt, you are overshadowed by ā€˜equal opportunityā€™ with no experienceā€¦ sad reality of Blizzard employment todayā€¦ the reason good teams request senior is they donā€™t want to micromanage the person at all, a senior might be fitted into a role where they have junior employees delegated parts of the workload, or collaboration with other senior employees on duties. for all of this to run smoothly experience is needed. even more so if seniors are managing others, if things slow senior members have to get their hands dirty and fix bottlenecks not sit around and hope for the best, even if one trains up new talent - it still needs a leadership mindset to keep the dev cycle 100% productive in a way where junior staff want to always work hard and guilt free - this is critical, development is a marathon of many hands not a solo sprintā€¦

training up talent is always the greatest risk for a company, you could end up with some ego maniac who suppresses others, or a shrewed employee who only ever delegatesā€¦ and yes iā€™ve seen both men and women become terrible managers. there are all kinds of pitfalls that are so risky, training employees costs immense resources and time, there is no guarantee they will be good(loyal+motivated) or even stay at the company. so you see making senior a requirement for a new candidate is good for you as a gamerā€¦ there is a greater chance the product will be fun instead of a being built off the back of a social hiring experiment.

1 Like

Well we already know that the rogue will be doing bounties to get the ears for the priest.

Is that a bounty board near the entry of the lair?