The cube's 4th slot is awesome!

There could be some power creep.

So what? Really, so what.

Why does YOUR gameplay matter more than anyone else’s?

I don’t care about group play, or the leader boards. I want my wizard back.

I am sure we will get the absurdo reduction fallacy in about 10 posts.

2 Likes

I am playing a self made Frozen orb build for speed GR & T16. Only possible due to 4th slot. Never felt more like a Wiz. I can teleport at will, spamming frozen orb from a distance.
The effectiveness peak out at GR90 (sub 3 sec GR) at my current paragon (1k+) & so so gears, but man, that was fun.

1 Like

If it was sub 3sec GR90, that would be impressive. I bet you meant 3 minutes.

The season provides an opportunity to try out the 4th cube slot for wizards. Do you have a seasonal wizard?

1 Like

I’ll be doing a wizard on the back half of the season - (or as soon as I get my extra stash tab). I am running a monk right now (did 1 in NS, wasn’t impressed - I am impressed with my seasonal monk.)

Soon as a Ring of Grandeur drops, I can get my sets done. Sure wish a unity would drop. (Wasted a lot of mats at the cube).

Agreed I think they should keep the fourth cube slot. We are so long in diablo 3 being s22. It’s so game changing and so much fun. I feel it should be apart of the game now for the cube. It’s just so good for all player base.

2 Likes

I would prefer a middle ground: a slot only for utility items. No damage or mitigation. Nemesis Bracers, movement speed items, resource related items. That is it.

4 Likes

I like that thought, the damage some builds attained by the fourth slot can be achieved by set and legendary buffs. Other things that we sometime would skip could be put in that slot. Dps monks for instance are usually bracer heavy, so adding a nemesis or warzechian is somewhat impossible.

Wizards complain about the speed, with this aether walker could easily be included.

1 Like

Exactly! Aetherwalker is the perfect example.

I really like the extra slot in the cube. For that reason alone, I doubt it’ll stay in the game after the season.

A “Utility” cube slot would be kind of awesome. Those types of legendary effects are usually the first to go. The only catch is where to draw the line between utility and build-defining?

OROZ? Is that utility or build-defining?

Rather simple. Legendary power that doesn’t increase the skill DPS and Def is considered as a utility.

For example: Aether Walker, Nemesis Bracer, Ice Climber, Mirror Orb (I guess?) and etc…

so…
whats holding you back playing LOD with each item you want in each slot?
(+3 cube slots)

i would say it is lack of support items = low damage and toughness = you can not use the current 3 slots for utility

if you want to play on t16 or speedgrift on whatever lvl…

would you consider ring of the zodiac or morticks bracers as utility?

instead of a 4th slot they could also remove all dmg items from the cube… oh yea all players would have to play on lower difficulty but the result is the same… the next problem after that = which class has the most support items and/or movementspeed…

The devs could always make it an achievement - fill all slots in the cube, get a 4th slot.

CDR is offensive in nature. Hell, its in the Offense tab of Paragon. I think RCR is closer to utility, but even then pairs well with Crimson, more than I would like.

Do you mean no damage in 4th slot or in Cube overall?

Ice Climbers are out, defensive :grinning:

You lose mobility from not able to carry Ather walker, or lose damage for not able to carry wizardpike which make it not strong enough for T16 unless you have very high paragon (2
and gems level.

You don’t need a Unity. Best Monk builds are not using Unity.

Why do people think like this? Necromancer isn’t a restricted class, if you want one, play one! Plus, who cares? If your life is not worth living unless you reach the leaderboard on a 9 year old game…ugh. That’s a problem and it’s not the game at fault here.

4 Likes