The cube's 4th slot is awesome!

I’m going to be completely honest here and say that the 4th slot in the cube is by far the best thing that has happened to/in this game, I absolutely 100% love it. I’m having so much fun trying out new stuff with my main; Monk and I’m playing him in ways I always dreamed of, there are just so many options to play around with. I wish that this will be a permanent change to the game and is here to stay because I have never had this much fun since I started playing Diablo 3 when everything was new to me.

Please Blizzard keep the 4th cube slot in the game!

39 Likes

could you tell me the difference between a 4th cube slot and 2-3 support items on slots you did not have before instead of the current lets say…

-fokus&restraint
-endless walk set

or any “weak” slot depending on your class or just simple number adjustments on said support items?

They didnt keep the 4th cube the other time they did this… they won’t keep it if anyone else asks. IT’s a perk meant to give people the incentive to play seasons just for that Temporary Power Boost. Then when it’s gone, people will have to play normally.

yeah 4th slot in cube is very nice very nice…

8 Likes

Its an improvement to the game, why not. Path of exile do it all the time, bring league themes to main game.

11 Likes

I think you are in the wrong section here buddy go to the items section and discuss that there instead.

That was 3 cubes still but can use anything in them, very different from adding an additional feature to the game.

I see no reason why 4th cube has to go, the real season theme is the clones.

14 Likes

damn gonna have to try it

1 Like

Some seasonal themes did make it into the game. Like LoD/LoN. But that was something that could be itemized and had trade-offs… no set items is a pretty big trade-off. There is no downside for the 4th slot, it would be straight up power creep. Now, having said that, perhaps they’ll see powers getting used in new and interesting ways and… oh, who am I kidding? They’ll learn nothing from this season except new ways they can nerf wizards into the ground.

2 Likes

why is the 4th slot so awesome and which combinations are now possible?

what exactly is viable? t16? grift 100?

3 Likes

Would be interesting to play around with this for a while for theory crafting. Being able to do it on your non-season characters would be convenient for me since they are already built up.

For some, it may make the leaderboards seem that much more trivial?

3 Likes

Is it power creep, yes, but its more than that, It give people more options to fine tune their playstyle & build.

Its a better power creep than straight number change.

19 Likes

Most of the Seasonal buffs have been. That’s what Seasonal buffs are supposed to do, really - change the game.

Temporarily.

So did RoRG and so did LoN. Those didn’t get kept and this won’t either.

1 Like

With sets being a much critisised part of D3 I don’t see why they wouldn’t keep the 4th slot, but I agree that it isn’t likely that it will be built in permanently. It probably doesn’t align with the design philosophy of D3, which is not about freedom of choice.

1 Like

LoN sort of did. It became LoD. But otherwise, that’s the only element of a seasonal theme that jumped seasons. So far. A wild-card cube slot is something new and different enough for the game to be a decent contender for another – weapon, armor, jewelry, and wild-card.

2 Likes

well i only play seasons so

5th slot in the cube, 6th slot… 200 GR, 300 GR… ye, keep going.

1 Like

Hope they make the 4th slot permanent in seasons…i need like 3 more seasons to explore all the toons with 4th slot.

5 Likes

How is making an already ridiculously easy game even more ridiculously easy an improvement

Its not about difficulties, its about choices.

As an example, with the 4th cube slot, I can actually make a Lod frozen orb build T16 farming build that can keep within pace with the Usain Blots classes like Dh & Barb, by squeezing in Aether walker.

Without 4th slot, I either have to give up pace or massive damage that make it impossible to do T16 group.

Also 4th slot allows us to squeeze in another speed booster to make Bounties more tolerable.

Does the 4th slot make the game easier? Yes, but that is missing the point.

Between,
A) 4th cube; More choices but game may become too easy
vs
B) No 4th cube: game less easy, but less choices

I pick “A” any time of the day

12 Likes