Team GR 150 - Manipulate seasonal theme x4 bannable?

Does it matter if it’s an exploit or not? If Blizz wants to ban you for something, they can, and will. Found a way to benefit from their screw up? That’s an exploit and they will ban you… instead of rewarding you for finding flaws in their garbage code, they punish you.

You all have phones don’t you?

4 Likes

of course they can at any time. the character and other stuff on their server is not my property. they can do anything they want with it. just read the rules again. you will be amazed at what funny things are in there.
moreover, d3 is empty. there is nothing really new or interesting there. if account is gone today, i will lose zero.
For single player there are epic games with interesting story and they also super cheap with offers. for multiplayer with good teamplay there are also very cool games and many are even “free”.

If Blizzard haven’t commented within a week, I have to try this. It’s a gamer’s duty to use whatever trick is allowed to have fun and reach as far as they see fit. If the authorities (Blizzard) say nothing then it can be assumed that it is working as intended.

1 Like

You all know it’s an exploit. Anyone saying otherwise is using it, and are trying to convince themselves, and others, that it is not. You all know the truth though. Obvious unintended mechanic is an exploit.

2 Likes

pretty much it…spot on…

They have now…

I have zero sympathy for exploiting these broken mechanics.

Its honestly the only fun way to play D3, since they have destroyed anything worth playing since 2012…

1:The dev’s had over a month to finalize for this season. They were also mute during the PTR time, and did nothing to publicly identify what people have discussed. This bug is the oldest one in the book, stay on the last level, see what happens with ur friends on the next. no reason to play sheep here boys, dev’s didn’t even bother too test that, and it’s inexcusable.

2: it’s not even a week in, and some have already made video’s covering this for exposure. we are doing more for this game then the dev’s deserve.

3: why condemn regular return players, who understand the fundamentals and have agreed on times too play together to be banned for fishing 150’s more then you have?

4: These players do 150’s enough that rng will have given them a good gg rift anyways. this logic, any 150 should be banned if it’s sub 8 minutes.

5: there’s nothing definitive about this being cheating. one could simply afk for a couple seconds as the group goes forward 2-3 screens and this desync is achieved.

6: why ban players who show it’s possible to clear max game content that deviates from the typical metas?

7: these players are the bread and butter to the dying backbone of this game, no one will punish them and their friends for fishing 150’s 3 days in. If they were found cheating, an account means nothing to them anyways, because they are here to play with their friends and stay on the front page.

2 Likes

It’s just shows the lack of testing on S21 seasonal theme and that it has NOT been tested enough while been made. Players who played PTR are actually the ones who tested it and found out the none intended theme affected by AD damage bug.

And now the abuse of stacking seasonal theme stacks and turn it in to a timer game… , where the players waits for the environmental theme damage boost to clear the GR for them …

I dont remember a previous seasonal theme that failed as much as S21 seasonal theme.

Hope a hotfix applies soon that saves season 21 before it’s too late …

2 Likes

This is what I pretty much was thinking, perhaps i should’ve been more detailed in my response. But also again I think it’s not really the players/clients fault for finding an exploit/cheat (Is this a cheat? I haven’t seen any official response from blizzard that it’s not meant to be used this way yet) that the developers released, if its not meant to be used that way then re-release the updated/correct version. Dont punish players/clients for finding something that they as developers didnt even know themselves. Even if they are doing it again and again.

It’s like in History class when your having a World Geography test and your teacher forgot to roll up the World Map behind them. It’s the Teachers fault for not knowing that they had that World Map open on the wall. You dont punish students like banning them from school, you have them take the test again without the World Map up this time. So in D3 just reset the LB and re-release the updated version, dont ban players…

2 Likes

What is with the students that finished the test without looking at the map because they know its cheating? Wouldn’t it be unfair for those having to do another test? It is more than obvious by the outcomes now (e.g. 150 clears without any DPS chars), that this mechanic was not intended by the developer to be used that way. To be consistent what they did in s19, there also should be consequences now, at least for those that adverstised this gameplay on public streams like it would be normal game content. Which it is not. The “world map” does not belong hang up during a geography test! A ban might be to harsh, I agree, but there are other ways to bring back fairness, like a rollback, or a temporary suspension. But don’t worry, in the end nothing will happen. Let’s at least hope they fix it and reset the LB. If not, then rip season endgame pushing.

I haven’t seen any 150 clears yet with zero damage characters. Yes, I’ve seen plenty done with only 1 damage character (the LoD necro and/or Mundu WD) and 3 supports-- sure. But if Blizz doesn’t want that, they shouldn’t continue on this line of powercreep. They must obviously intend for it to be this way.

Yes, that’s true. In s19, players were killing hundreds of mobs outside the Greater Rift and carrying the seasonal buff stacks into the GR with them. It has long been understood that the entire point of the GR is that you are locked, your gear is locked, talents etc. You have only your power, your wits, and the teleport button if you need to escape bad mobs and/or repair.

But I haven’t seen anyone (in NA at least) using stacks created outside the GR to benefit them inside the GR. Perhaps it has happened, and I just haven’t seen it yet.

E.g. EU leaderboard, 2 man.

1 Like

Ok. I play in North America, and haven’t spent any time looking at the EU leaderboards.

Perhaps they made the seasonal buff too powerful. Entirely possible.

They certainly intended to make it possible to manipulate it. Why else give it a timer showing you when it will “pop?” Or even give you a stack count on the buff so that you can reasonably expect the power it will deliver?

If they really intended it to be a low-stack, meaningless damage proc… well that’s incredibly poor design indeed. It has far too much visual effect (to the point that visually it gives certain players headaches etc) for it to be just random meaningless damage.

(Not to mention the bugs and/or problematic side effects. For instance, it has scared many players away from playing HC at all this season. Many, many set dungeons are almost completely impossible now with its effects, etc.)

serious?!?!? or just trolling?!?!?!
they use exploits for more than a week.

Of course I’m serious. (??)

At this point, we don’t really know what Blizz actually thinks about how it has played out. They have plenty of time to respond, and so far at least, they have only responded about potential accessibility issues and problems with the theme proccing inside set dungeons.

Do i think that killing mobs outside the instance to somehow gain stacks and/or procs and carry them into the GR is exploiting and punishable? Yes of course. Just like in s19, punishments can and should occur.

But I also know that the buff is stackable, has no limit, and even has a timer on it so that you can plan your rift around it. This is painfully obvious. And its also intended.

Yes, exploiting is bad. But simply stacking a buff and trying to use it to your advantage doesn’t make it exploiting.

There apparently are some things happening right now that are very bad, and other things that are perfectly reasonable and yet players on the forums are still upset by it.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

i also saw his video a few days ago and banned his channel on youtube. they exloit in 130+ with low paragon and trash talk something like: “can that be banned”?
So real … and then they cheat to 150 and screw up all the leaderboard with their exploits.
of course they should be banned! showing the mistake and not using it is one thing. but they have been cheating for more than a week ??? if a.blizz don’t ban such cheaters, the company shows what they think of other players …

5 Likes

The seasonal buff is not stackable. Blizzard has also communicated in this sense in the ptr patch. It is written :

“Seasonal buff resets if player exits and reenters a rift.”

It is obvious that the developers did not want the buff to accumulate.

The players were warned.

So any intentional and repeated exploitation of this bug is punishable.

6 Likes

Look, there is ToS (Terms of Service), we all accepted it. Your example with history class map isnt good / similar / correct / fair, what about students who are fair and dont look on that map?

If teacher says “Looking into map is forbidden” like blizz has stated in the ToS “Using any exploit / bug to take advantage over other players is forbidden”, then even if teacher leaves map open, those students who will look into that map broke rules = students fault.

In this particular case, i believe that few times per rift (in group) is possible to unintentionally use this exploit. But someone who is running whole rifts over and over again with this and even saying tactic calls on their twitch channel, should be permanently banned. Its sad that some d3 top players / groups teach their viewers how to take advantage of bugs / exploits or just simply cheat (bots, turbohud, etc).

Anyway Blizz is silent again and we all know how this will end. Broken leaderboard, they will maybe get ban in the end of the season, then Blizz gonna put D3 on sale and next season this will start over again. Most of those players have new Acc every 1-2 season.

I’ve reported him several times and nothing happens. Not even from Twitch side. But then again, they allow girl streamers to go around the rules to stream in next to no clothes. Now we got another one viewbotting himself while he sleeps and sits in the lobby in D3. Multiple reports and nothing happens.

4 Likes