Team GR 150 - Manipulate seasonal theme x4 bannable?

hello,

my group have recently learned there’s a way to manipulate the seasonal buff so that you keep the seasonal buff stacks and they ‘proc’ (go off) in multiple instances (so for example, it will go off at 1:30, then 2:00 and then 2:30) and then repeat at those intervals every 90 seconds.
Obviously, this makes it a lot easier to clear higher GRs (up to 150) but we don’t want to get banned but we also want to clear higher GR (for gem upgrades etc).

Is this bannable? You banned the player(s) who did a similar thing in season 19. Players are already doing this in NA and EU in season, and china have many 150 clears already.

Can you tell us what we should do from here? We don’t want to get banned… but if everyone else is going to do it… then why shouldn’t we?

Thanks

Cavil,

13 Likes

I feel like it doesn’t really make sense to be able to do a GR150 within the first 3 days of the season. Even if its not considered an exploit, it is lame.

6 Likes

Why would this be bannable?
The only one who should be banned is the creator of this so called “season theme”.

29 Likes

Its an exploit and was banned in earlier seasons too.

The lame thing is, the devs release stupid untested sh** and save their time by doing only one or two changes between 2 weeks of ptr, not extending and further testing anything that has basically never worked well during ptr. The necro set couldve been fixed this way too. Just more time and a little more effort.

So, if they ban the players its because they couldnt get their crap together.

The other thing is: no blue has yet responded to anything afaik. So, maybe they just dont give S the next 2-3 months until they start testing S22 things…

6 Likes

There are a lot of botters, I’ve seen streamers using a macro that makes them buy things quicker at Kadala. Just cause some are cheating / using exploits, does not mean you should do it. Does it feel like cheating, then it’s probably is. And you should avoid it.
There was an exploit with an amulet or some sort some time ago and people got banned for that

3 Likes

Huge difference between the bans in s19 and what is happening this season. In s19, players were generally having friends killing mobs completely outside the rift using mobs not associated with the GR at all.

This is completely different. This season, players using the buff icon (that is added to the client on purpose) and timing the buff to keep it ever-growing. Nothing about that is an exploit. Players are only using mobs to build stacks that are inside the rift and therefore associated.

Was it intended to be done this way? Unsure. Was it very poorly coded, making it difficult to split our timers for ever-growing stacks? Yea.

It’s even difficult to not split the timers. If someone dies, or if someone has to leave the rift and repair, etc etc. It just seems to be buggy overall. :frowning:

5 Likes

It’s hard to say whether this can be classified as an exploit or not. However being able to build stacks almost indefinitely in groups by staggering the timings of the theme does give an unfair advantage. Considering the theme is now even stronger than it was on the PTR, something needs to be done.

1 Like

With respect, we shouldn’t just throw around the term unfair.

Unfair to whom? Players from past seasons or something? Players non-seasonal?

Its a very fair advantage. No different than watching your stacks of momentum on the current GoD DH build, or a zbarb watching the ignore pain buff on his allies.

It’s just one more thing to manage… one more ball to juggle.

4 Likes

Its written in the ToS, they exactly know what they are doing and they used exploit on purpose.

Anyway i completely agree with bad seasonal theme - especially in the set dungeons :confused:

1 Like

Can you just whip them out and measure? No one is wanting to make a research project of your Diablo careers. :grinning:

Well since we can’t actually discuss what this possible exploit may involve without getting a timeout hows about we wait for Blizzard to weigh in on it?

1 Like

you litterally called me bad multiple times and assumed im bad lol. but youre right its pretty cute you want to think you could do anything solo.

EDIT: it is funny how i asked some blizzard feedback and not scrub casuals input

1 Like

Yes they are better than most of us, they are dedicated with insane amount of time spent ingame. They are hard pushing, etc. But all of that will fall under shadow while they use exploit. They didnt mark their video as bug / exploit showcase for research and fix purposes, they did it for rank, also i dont think its good to teach their viewers how to use exploit.

For your information, it is exploit. Proper league theme mechanic is, that after 90 seconds all your stacks drops, they found way where their stacks wont drop (desync timers) and they share them between each other = exploit.

1 Like

In my opinion this shouldn’t get you banned, its not really your fault for finding an exploit, the D3 dev team released it this way. I think it was unfair for those that got banned for what they found in Season 19 as well.

4 Likes

I say if anyone can get ANYTHING out of this god awful season, more power to you.
I already have up and went to non seasonal.
GG blizzard, you win.

1 Like

how about testing so that such nonsense doesn’t happen?
if dev ignores all suggestions from ptr and releases such nonsense, then it is devs idioty and nothing more.

3 Likes

Well we have a few new community managers now do maybe they will get us an answer.

1 Like

After the first PTR-Notes were published this was cut in stone.

No?! Why they should be banned? They’re just using the terrible work Blizzard did in the last few weeks.

2 Likes

I would mark it as an exploit and patch it, resetting all characters who abused the exploit. Let season 21 start again :).

3 Likes

Because they’re knowingly making use of an exploit to clear content they otherwise wouldn’t be able to.

3 Likes

good joke. you mean those who tell you what their dog’s name is and what they play? I only see empty garbage from them.
I have been waiting for months to answer my question about what they have done for d3 so far.