Talisman of Akkhan in S29: normal Holy or ancient Strength?

Hi,

I have found a nice normal Talisman of Akkhan. It rolls 20% Holy, 93% CHD and 10% CHC.

Now that all my stuff is decent, I was about to start pushing, but I saw in the leaderboard that a few top players use an ancient Talisman of Akkhan with Strength, CHC, CHD. I think it can be quite easy to craft in the cube (as opposed to ancient Holy, CHC, CHD).

But what’s best: 20% Holy on a normal Talisman, or about 1500 Strength? (say 900 + 625 Strength from an augment)

I tried to check in D3Planner and here is the result: https://imgur.com/a/tsdsrXo That’s a 9.36% increase in the line “damage”.

However, as I am not familiar with D3Planner, I don’t know whether the line “damage” includes elemental damage or not. If it doesn’t, then my current damage is underestimated (and I don’t know by how much).

So my question is: should I keep my current Talisman of Akkhan, or try to craft an ancient one with Strength, CHC, CHD? (ofc, if I find an ancient one with Holy instead of Strenth first, I will use it, but this seems quite unlikely, and I am not planning on farming thousands of forgotten souls).

Hi, the best case scenario is 20%holy, CHC and CHD, but it’s so hard to find. Currently I’m playing without the holy damage.

2 Likes

No, the d3 planner does not calculate elemental bonuses. Holy Damage, Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage (CHD) are the way to go. The only thing to consider is whether you want to re-roll your 93% CHD into a 100% or roll a nice defensive bonus in your secondary stats category, in case you don’t already have one on that amulet.

1 Like

Thanks, Harnor!

No can do! I’ve already rerolled the elemental roll to get 20% on Holy (I forgot to specify that, sorry).

Anyway, as I have written on the EU forum last week:

Today I only rank #22 EU and #32 World :laughing: … but I’ll still be waiting for next season in NS, practicing my H-Bomb :wink:

1 Like