Tal Rasha Stacking

Having trouble understanding why I only periodically 4 stack Tal Rasha?

Didn’t want to classify this as a bug, but I notice that when I stand and cast all my abilities, I jump to 3 stacks 100% of the time, but never to 4.

When mobs get involved, I very unreliably hit 4, if I’m lucky at all.

Not sure what aspect of my build is messing with this, would love feedback if possible. Thank you!

Highlights of current build/skills:
Main - Frag of Destiny
Tal Rasha - 5 pieces (helm, chest, belt, OH, amulet)
FB Down - Hand, Pant, Boot
Aughilds - Shoulder, Wrist
Rings - Pandemonium and RoRG

Disintegrate - entropy
Meteor - thunder
Ice armor - Frozen Storm
Magic Weapon - Conduit
Familiar - Sparkflint
Teleport - Calamity

CUBE
Deathwish, Hergbrash, Halo of Arlyse

My guess is that you don’t manage to “hit” your enemies with cold damage and therefore only get the stacks to 3.

Try to swap the meteor to comet (cold) and use storm armor (lightning).

You will need a Karini ring in order to get the damage reduction.

Even if you don’t have it available you can test to see if you get up the stacks as intended.

Now the thing is that you will be hampering your DPS by using this itemization! You have absolutely no meteor multipliers.

You are missing helm, boots and both the staff boosts.

I’m experiencing more or less the same thing, that I sometimes (always?) don’t get 4 stacks attacking air. Hasn’t really been a problem, so I haven’t tested it. I think maybe it could be familiar, that might only count as an “attack” for the purposes of tal-rasha 6-piece if it hits something? :person_shrugging:

I think I figured it out.

–I’m stacking to 4 in Greater Rifts.

–I’m stacking to 3 when in town.

–I started mix-stacking to 3 or 4 while in ACT IV on bounties. For posterity’s sake, here’s my data (feel free to skip to solution below):

[
[ONLY 3 stacks
[-Upper Cursed Fate
[- (B) Lower Cursed Fate: Briarthorn Cemetery
[-Lower Cursed Fate: Silver Spire
[
[ACT IV (Exceptions)
[(B) The Silver Spire, Level 1 AND 2 - I stacked to 4, [paused, allowed stacks to drop off, then would only [stack to 3 for rest of encounter. I re-teleported to [this location, from this location, and was able to [stack back to 4.
[

Solution:
Refresh your passives. Whenever I stacked to only 3, I recast Ice armor, Magic Weapon, and Familiar, and then would return to 4-stacking. Only exception was in town.

I hope this is consistent with y’alls play experience, let me know!

Ice Armor (and also Storm Armor) doesn’t count as an attack unless it hits something. Your fourth stack doesn’t happen in town because there are no enemies, and it’s unreliable in combat because you’re keeping your distance and Ice Armor(Frozen Storm) has a range limitation.

2 Likes

Hey Minus!

So, unfortunately, your point about stacks being unreliable in combat isn’t correct in this circumstance. From my playtesting data above, you’ll notice I was stacking to 4 in GR but mixing in Act IV. This means I was never reaching 4 stacks at all even when diving into mobs with an identical set of active skills and attacks. Or I was losing the ability to 4 stack as described above.

Surely, if I had reached 4 stacks, I could’ve reset its timer with any damage type; regardless of how I got the stacks in the first place, or if my armor is doing the resetting. But the point is that I never got to 4 sometimes.

The solution still remains to refresh passives when entering a new map. It has not reocurred for me since.

Ohhhhhh, sorry. This is the Halo of Arlyse bug.