Halo of Arlyse not triggering Meteor w/Frozen Storm rune

Maybe, probably a bug.

TL;DR: Tal Rasha’s full set + Halo of Arlyse + Ice Armor/Frozen Storm not triggering cold meteors

Playing Tal Rasha’s set, I was using Ice Armor’s Frozen Storm rune to proc cold meteors. When I found a Halo of Arlyse, I thought it would be a nice added bonus to my character. However, I immediately noticed that my damage-type stacks were no longer reaching the maximum of four; they only capped out at three, which pretty much negates aspects of the mechanics and a good chunk of damage for the build. Then I noticed I was basically never seeing a cold meteor drop. I tested it by replacing it with a different ring, and my cold damage returned. Going by the description, it doesn’t seem like Halo of Arlyse should replace or remove the damage from the Frozen Storm rune. I googled the problem and searched the forums but couldn’t find anything either telling me that’s how the ring functions or that it was a previously reported bug.

Hmmm.

It’s the old bug where certain effects stop proccing from Ice Armor after you change zones or use your potion while wearing Halo of Arlyse. I actually thought that was fixed, maybe there was a bug regression or I’m remembering wrong and it was never fixed.

I remember it used to happen with Warzechian’s. If you were wearing Halo of Arlyse and took Frozen Storm to destroy breakables with your Warzechian’s, it would work for a while and then stop triggering the movement speed buff for Warzechian’s after you changed zones.

I just tested this appears to be the case with the bug you noticed: Halo of Arlyse + Frozen Storm works fine (gives Tal’s stack, summons meteor) until you change zones or potion and then it stops working. Note that if you cast Ice Armor in town and then enter a rift, that counts as a zone change and it stops working, but if you enter a rift and then cast Ice Armor it should work until you change floors or take a potion.

You can fix it temporarily by recasting Ice Armor after you change zones or use your potion. It will start working again until you change zones or potion and it stops again.

I also tested it again with Warzechian’s and strangely, the bug does appear to be fixed for Warzechian’s still. Maybe they couldn’t apply a blanket fix and had to fix it on a case-by-case basis. So it’s still fixed for Warzechian’s but now there’s a new bug with Tal’s after the set changes?

EDIT: picking up an item also causes it to stop triggering the Tal’s set bonuses until you recast Ice Armor.