Survey in D:I goes ignored

While I can’t say the questions or my answers from the last week+ survey about the last blood moon event, this event is the same way… so, all my effort into putting good honest answers was completly ignored.

Ugh…

Yet another thing to add to my short list that pisses me off…

1. dialing a customer service number and entering your account number or some form of information only to be asked for that same information by the person on the phone… and than getting transferred and be asked again for the same information…

2. filling out 30 minute+ surveys with good info only to have it all ignored.

1 Like

Enjoy the Blizzard experience. :laughing:

4 Likes

To be fair, they can’t really respond to every piece of feedback from every player with changes. In addition, changing how content is designed also takes time.

1 Like

You have to whale some more to be taken serious by Blizzard.

1 Like

yes, 2 mill should do it.

You assume you provided good information.

They may be wearing blinders and want to hear specific things and if you did not give that, yes, to the bin. Technically, any feedback is useful even if its just random gibberish, because it indicates the user responded at all…

You think that a survey you filled out a week ago was going to have an immediate impact on a huge game company running a game with millions of players?

I think that your expectation of some sort of personal response or immediate change is unrealistic.

3 Likes

I never do surveys. I hate the automatic system that tells me to stay on the phone longer to do a ‘quick’ survey and how my input is greatly appreciated. YEAH RIGHT!

Wait, if I give good feedback then you will treat me like a decent customer? So basically, I have to kiss qss in order to get good service? Yeah, no thanks.

What if I give bad feedback? What will happen? I get the wrong order, or it’s delayed a bunch of times, or ‘accidently’ gets rerouted to a location 5 states away? Yeah, no thanks.

Nope. They change nothing.

The rep you talked to gets a pay cut, probation, or fired.

Most places with surveys punish the staff if they get anything other than 5 stars on everything. Even 4 stars is seen as failure and they can be denied promotions, pay, etc.

It is irrational and brutal. I normally rate things middle of the road unless it is exceptionally good, or bad. Someone following policy and being polite to solve my issue is what I expect, not something I should be giving a glowing review. If I don’t though, then that impacts them, so now I use 5 stars as the base line for service workers/techs. I assume the best, and deduct only if needed.

3 Likes

they wont tell you, but your account transaction page decides your feedback priority in diablo immoral.

Wow, that is brutal. I would hate to be ‘that’ employee.

I agree, in any form of customer service, I expect a certain level of professionality. If you go above and beyond, then you should receive some sort of positive reinforcement. If you are subpar or worse, usually a toxic demeanor, then in one way or another, you should get your comeuppance.

This is how I view waiters or waitresses and it’s pretty much along the lines of the 5 star system.

I start off neutral, 3 stars. If the waiter or waitress goes with the motions and does the minimum, staying 3 stars, then I tip the minimum which is usually 2 times the tax. I figure that part is usually added to their hourly wage. So, the person earned their hourly wage, whatever that is. Hopefully the person isn’t shocked when he or she realizes that his or her tips are meager compared to the other waiters and waitresses.

If the waiter or waitress is a 0-2 stars, then I tip accordingly. 2 stars = the tax, 1 star = half of the tax, and 0 stars gets 0% of the tax. Yes, I have left $0.00 as a tip before, due to a rotten waiter or waitress. Usually, when I do that, I don’t plan on going back. I don’t feel any amount of regret either, even when people qq and say that they need those tips to make a living. Well, when you are heavily dependent on tips, be a better waiter or waitress, or get a different job.

If the waiter or waitress is a 4 or 5 stars, then I usually go for 2.5 x the tax for the 4 star and 3 x the tax for the 5 star. Sometimes I round up to the nearest whole dollar. I’ve even dropped a 50% tip before because the waiter or waitress was really nice, professional, and attentive. Those people definitely make me want to revisit that establishment again. I like getting their names too, so I can request a table in their area.

I have even worse news for you. Wait staff who get tips don’t really get much of an hourly wage. They don’t have to be paid the normal min wage every other worker is.

In many states the minimum hourly wage for tipped workers is $2.13 per hour. Tips are their pay. Worse, many are forced to hand over their tips that they earn to the manager who splits them between the wait staff and the bus/cleaning table setup folks.

Tipped minimum wage is a crappy thing. It is way below normal minimum wage and the staff are at the mercy of management as well as economic fluctuation/weather that impact the restaurant.

2 Likes

I left VA in 2004, the min. wage was 5.15.hr (they go by fed min. wage, commonwealth state), but ‘the waiters and waitresses’ min wage was 3.15hr. The 2 dollar difference was covered by their tips. Anything above min. wage was reported and placed in a pool so every non-management employee gets an equal share. Friggen brutal.

18 years later…

I just did a search, because I am curious, and it seems VA now has a state min. wage of 11.00 while the fed. min. wage is still 7.25. Good for VA, but damn any state that is still going by the fed min. wage in 2022. That’s just wrong.

Virginia the tipped min wage is $2.13. They don’t HAVE to pay tipped staff more than that. Anything above that is tips only. Each company may have a different policy that is kinder, but they don’t have to.

The whole concept of working for tips is brutal and wrong. Just pay them real wages and stop making customers tip.

2 Likes

As I understand, they do this in EU.

The staff also doesn’t kick you out at closing time.

This part I do understand though. People need to finish cleaning up and go home, unless they get paid to stay. As long as they warn the patrons well ahead of closing time to finish up I don’t see an issue. Most places stop serving sometime in advance of closing so customers can finish and staff can do the nightly closing routines.

Was in Scotland. I think restaurants close at 9pm.

8:45 - we were the only customers in the restaurant (party 8+). Chef was cleaning up when we decided to get dessert. We left at 9:30pm.

Whoever came up with that idea has a hole in their head. What happens if you don’t get tipped then?

My mom lives in riceville TN and she took my wife and i out for dinner to her favorite place, I offered to pay of course and the bill for the 6 of us (my 2 kids and her and her husband) was about $50 bucks (its a ma and pa place everything was cheap in that small hick town). So I plopped down $60 bucks and my mom said, what are you doing?! we only tip these guys 25 cents per meal, shocked in horror I said, are you kidding? This is your favorite place and you tip them 25 cents?! She that thats what the locals do, if we tipped them anymore they would expect it all the time.

I said okay, so i plopped a quarter out of my pocket and said, better? and she said YES perfect!! so we left and i said oh crap, i forgot something, I ran in and gave them a $20 and said I’m sorry for my mom, she just doesnt understand.

They were shocked and said we only get 25 cents from everyone, thats the way we know we did a great job! lol

I can’t win

You get your $2.18 an hour and starve. Same goes if there are no customers or you don’t get assigned to a busy section of the dining room that night. Some places force staff to put all tips into a tip sharing jar that gets distributed at the end of the shift, so even if you get something, you have to share it with those who did not.

Waiting tables under a tip system is a gamble, and highly abused by managers. Managers who control what shift you work, what tables you are assigned. If you are forced to put what tips you have into a “tip sharing” pool. So even if you did get decent tips you may be forced to share them (and some scummy mgrs steal tips).

Oh, and you have to account for your tips on your taxes separately based on your own accounting which is a pain.

If people have not figured it out yet, I am very much pro worker and feel that a lot of the systems, esp in the US, are abusive and keep people barely above poverty (if that). The CEO are rolling in money with record profits and millions in bonuses. The workers are trying to figure out how to get kids new shoes and a set of school clothes while paying rent, groceries, utilities, and gas.

2 Likes