Support for older i5 and i7 integrated graphic chipsets

Hello there,

I have reported it from in game bug report system but as I find it as a crucial problem so I will post it in here as well. I think game performance on Intel’s integrated graphic cards are a serious issue.

I am not even able to run the game (error DAAF8825-5DB7-4DD9-A9A2-BFEB1E8781BB) on setup with i7 4770 CPU + W10 + 16GB of RAM (integrated video, newest drivers installed) and on i5 (5200U) + W10 + 8GB of RAM it works somehow, but I have no more than 5FPS on lowest possible graphic settings. On the same setups I am able to play Diablo 3 without issues.

I would love to play on those 2 setups without necessity of adding dedicated video card if D3 runs quite well on it.

Regards

It’s not a bug. You need a dedicated card to play.

1 Like

I am fairly sure it could be solved by better optimisation for integrated chipsets drivers. It doesn’t make a sense that I am not even able to run a game on better i7 setup while on i5 it runs but performance is very poor.

I’m sure it could but let’s get real here. It ain’t going to happen or else it would be in the system requirements.

So they will loose tons on potential players with those setups. Especially if from hardware point of view it should works quite smoothly at least on lowest graphic details.

And the are losing even more by not putting it on mobile too. What’s your point?

What an absurd argument, mobile requires complete rework of all in-game systems, while this only requires minor tweaks on their side. Maybe don’t speak on the topics you have no foot in and know nothing about.

2 Likes

It’s not absurd considering the mobile market dwarfs the PC market. No the absurd argument is to try optimize a game that in payed GPUs cannot handle properly just so a relative few can play.

Is there any word from Blizzard on this. It would be nice to know so I can request a refund if I am never going to be able to play with what I have.

Anyone know if Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 is equivalent to D2R min requirements?

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-660-vs-Intel-Iris-Plus-640-Mobile-Kaby-Lake/2162vsm262015

This is a comparison of your integrated gpu and the minimum required gpu for the game. I’m sorry but the minimum benchmarks at 164% better than your integrated, they just aren’t meant for gaming. I have a laptop I would love to play D2R on as well but it isn’t up to snuff for it, so it isn’t happening

D3 is running without issues. I know it’s old game but let’s say it. In terms of graphics it looks more resources demanding.

At best, you might be able to play the game as soon as Intel or Blizzard let it start on Intel GPU. Most likely somewhere in 720p low settings. But 5th Gen is truly old now, especially in the internal gpu space that’s ramping faster than the cpu one.

No, sorry. This game is taking a lot of resources from people with dedicated cards. There is no optimizing it for integrated older cards. It also won’t be running on Windows '98 or Windows XP.

Diablo 3 running is irrelevant. The way they have this game running takes a lot. And you’re wanting it to work on integrated graphics chips that are 6 years old. I’ll guarantee you there are a lot of other games you can’t run.

You’ve got some video ram, and some system ram, do have a Solid State Drive?

Have you tried lowering the Resolution Scaling?

Have you tried lowering the Desktop Resolution to 1600x900?

I have a new laptop i7 1065G7 with 8G RAM and Intel iris plus. Can’t launch the game during all of the early access beta period.
I have a gaming desktop too, which can run no problem. but i hope the laptop can also run so we can play multiplayer in the house!!

1 Like

First off, there have been quite a few launching fixes implemented since the Closed Beta. That being said…

I think that 8G Ram is not nearly enough. However, you could try lowering your Desktop Resolution to 1280x720, or 1600x900. This needs to be done before you launch the game, on your actual desktop screen. It made all the difference for me, and I’m playing on a six year old Asus Laptop (GeForce 940M/Intel HD Graphics 5500, i7-5500 CPU).

Also, once in game, reduce the Resolution Scaling. I set mine at 50%, and it runs very smoothly, although, you could probably run it at 75%, or lower.

Tonight I will test it on i7 8th gen (8700) and its integrated chipset (Intel® UHD Graphics 630) + 32GB of ram.

Edit: It works! At least game is launching. Then I need to decrease details, run it in window and decrease resolutions to 1600x900. But it’s a huge difference between poor performance and unable launch it at all.

1 Like

You do understand that all they have to do to allow those players to run the game, is allow it to be launched in legacy mode from the start?
I tested it on well below the recommended laptop gpu, the new graphics ran at 5 fps while the legacy mode was running flawless.
Large amount of people don’t give a damn about graphics and just want to play d2 with a living community again.

1 Like

And those where it doesn’t or happens to fry a system opens them up to lawsuits and refund expenses they can simply avoid.