Suggestions for Diablo 2 Resurrected

Hello,

I would like to give you on this way, still recommendations for the in development Diablo 2 Resurrected. I have played Diablo at the time of release for a long time, the same applies to Diablo2 and Lord of Destriction and also Diablo 3. The following things should please in any case, be built into the new Diablo 2 Resurrected or supplemented.

My suggestions:

• Character inventory should be much larger (similar to the mod “Project Diablo 2”)
  • the same goes for the chest also here the size should be adjusted by some more
  • the size of the cube should be adapted also absolutely
  • It should be possible to stack runes
  • Arrows and quiver should have an unlimited capacity after purchase
  • An individual loot filter, which can be freely adjusted

Adding these things to the game would be very good convenience options, and in no way would it make the game too easy. This is my view and opinion.

7 Likes

No.
At least 20 characters needed.

19 Likes

Increasing the character inventory would allow more power from charms. That would be a significant gameplay changer. Yes, it would make the gameplay easier.

The size of the stash has been increased by 108.33%. Plus we’re getting at least one additional shared tab of equal size. Why do we need more than that? To hoard even more junk we aren’t going to use? :stuck_out_tongue:

The size of the cube should not change. It already allows three times the storage space compared to what it takes up. It’s already violating the laws of physics as it is. If it’s allowed to hold more things, it could turn into a black hole and blink Sanctuary out of existence. :grin:

Stacking gems and runes would be nice, however if there are unresolved dupe methods, this would make duping that many times worse.

Picking up bolts and arrows has been part of the game for 20 years, switching to infinite would be a significant gameplay changer. The only thing that I might want to see changed is the ability to refill non-full bolt/arrow stacks in your inventory without creating a new stack when picking up bolts/arrows, and creating another stack only if all stacks are full.

Call it ‘smart’ pickup. Checkbox = yes. No checkbox = no bias, you pick the whole stack up, form new stack if all quivers refil+.

Same could apply to throwables. Useful early on. :slight_smile:

I’d even take ‘smart’ pickup with an alt+shift click. :man_shrugging:

There are several underpowered/underused skills that could use some balancing, I agree. However any changes must be tempered with wisdom to avoid power creep.

The only loot filter that I would support would be a basic filter that only allows you to hide items from listing when pressing Alt, it would not remove them from showing on the ground. The filterable items would be common items like potions, scrolls, keys, arrows, bolts and low quality items. This on top of the auto pickup of gold would help to reduce the clutter when listing items in order to make the potential nice finds more visible.

A big no to any filters that specify number of sockets, minimum defense, ethereal etc. The action of picking up an item to see if it is what you want should not change.

All classes are able to solo hell with crap gear, some can even do it naked. Some classes are easier than others to play. It takes time, patience, skill and knowledge of the game to do, but it is possible. There are some that would argue that Hell difficulty is too easy and needs to be made a bit harder, or even the addition of a new harder difficulty.

4 Likes

i fell like its the same persons, who make new profils, and post the same stuf,over and over agian.

4 Likes

the only suggestion i wouldnt mind is the runes being stackble a tons of ral runes do take up alot of space :slight_smile: same with gems but with limits, a stack of 10 rals and a new stack will be made that i wouldnt mind, but everything else No just NO

Character inventory is fine as is, i assume you want it bigger so you can have a full set of skillers and small charms and still have room for loot?? that would ruin alot, as it is now you have to make the decision wisely limited room leaves harder choices, imo that is a good thing, same goes for the charm inventory suggestion ive seen a few times, a very very bad idea ruins it for the same reasons
a larger chest is unnessesary we already have a big chest and we already have the ability to move gear around without having to mule, that is already a step towards your wish. taking it futher would again make you able to keep more and wont have to make the harsh decisions, choices are good :slight_smile:
the cubes size is just as it is supposed to be, it wasnt ment to be a bonus inventory, well atleast from what little knowledge i have.
arrows being unlimited, that again would make the game easier by eliminating alot of choices
a loot filter is another thing i dont see a need for it

1 Like

Well, or the “most” players don’t have problems with some (huge) changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

You talking about OP or reply?

I agree with that part, the rest is up for debate

Yes the mid game is easier because normally you’d want more space and less charms to allow pick more things up, however i’d advocate that this is why the ballance in the game is off for single player, as in the mid game you can’t carry the same charms at the end game so moving it to a seperate inventory gives the entire game more ballance.

While it does greatly improve the solo experience in the mid game it doesn’t really impact the end game much at all, you get to carry more stuff and maybe 1 extra large charm if you knew what you were doing before, but thats it.

I am scared of this because of duping.

Why?

Yes to rest, big cube is must have honestly and then we dont need discussions about charm inventory.

No thank you. D2 is fine as it is.

5 Likes

hoping the devs are looking into stable multi player lobbies especially with low pings, perfect connections between the client and the server, high frequencies to maintain high frame rates, and the state at which the server processes sending and receiving packets.

ensuring we are all isolated and invisible between each other and that one user cannot have any type of control over the connection of the game or be able to tamper with anyone else’s connection by sending packets of extreme lag that cause clog and congestion to the game.

this is an extreme issue on the old battle.net that cause fail to joins. lost lobby games, and cause black screening losing connection to the game entirely. for example when a trapsin can overload the pvp game server by setting hundreds of traps on the ground and the game would not be able to remain stable causing the lobby to be unplayable

This is a big issue, I wonder about how this works compared to the old battlenet, because playing on Asia servers from Australia and New Zealand was terrible.

Bigger Inventory space?
Let’s say you have 10x10.
How many Grand Charms do you think you can have in your Inventory?
Calculated > 30 skillers.

Unlimited capacity on Arrows / Quivers?
Doesn’t make it fair in PVP.
Let’s say you are a Sorceress, your mana will drain out.
But my Amazon have unlimited ammo so I can easily kill you now. (>‿◠):v:

Bigger Stash size?
Vicarious Visions just made it larger 10x10 instead of 8x6.
Some people can’t be greatfull.

Size of cube?
Horadric cube is normally not a storage box.
People are still store their items, that is your own choice.
But make it bigger? Really.
Then you don’t know what this cube is actually made for.

People keep saying changing things doesn’t make the game easier.
It depends on what things. But these ideas MAKES it easy!

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be liek that, if you played any mods you would understand.

• Character Inventory and chest are a huge problem as is.
    This needs major rework.

• Stacking Runes is absolutely needed.

1 Like

Absolutely agreed with you .
you are smart, and you think just like me, with logic.

Keep being on this forum, we need more smart people like you.

1 Like

This.

The QoL we already got are just fine. Don´t change anything else and lets mods do the rest.

2 Likes

Unless you made it so charms only worked in a fraction of the overall character space. In that case, the game could actually become harder (e.g. limit where charms work to 4x7 or 4x6 space)

In D2, you could make a ton of mule accounts. In D2R, the number of characters will be limited so increasing the non-character space would not be a big deal.

Hopefully, duping will be addressed on modern battlenet.

Personally, I hope that Blizzard continues to recognize and incorporate additional QoL changes as alluded to in their recent interview post technical alpha.

How Diablo 2 Is Changing on Its Path to Resurrection… While Staying True to Its Roots (ign.com)

Apparently, there is widespread support for more QoL changes, according to what Blizzard stated.

2 Likes

I’m for additional qol and balancing, but most of those I would be against.

1. I would be fine with charm inventory, where only charms worked (and wouldn’t work when placed outside of) but not an overall bigger inventory. Some semblance of inventory management and choices needs to stay intact. Though, I would mostly want this change to be incorporated with optional personal loot.
  2. New 10x10 stash size is fine. As is shared stash at same rate. Wouldn’t mind seeing an additional shared or personal tab per difficulty beaten, but that should be large enough for most people except in Single Player going for a grail.
  3. The cube is fine as is. It wasn’t meant to be a storage space.
  4. While I’m not really against rune and gem stacking, it does remove an element of inventory management, and would require extra coding to function and interact for cubing, trading, and socketing. I’m not really a huge fan of how PD2 does it.
  5. No. If you removed ammunition stacks, you would have to give the bows/crossbows durability factors, as well as figure out what uniques/sets/affixes give repair durability/indestructible mods to.
  6. I would only be for loot filters in multiplayer if game used instanced loot or it only worked in optional personal loot games. Otherwise, it removes an element of the competitive loot nature.