Suggestions for Diablo 2 Resurrected

in a few words no go play a diffrent game.

3 Likes

noā€¦
YOUR thoughtsā€¦

3 Likes

Significant game changer? :rofl:

I had this change on my D2 private realm and people didnt notice lol. Its not significant. But i honestly dont think there need to be that change. Its not quality of life change.

2 Likes

It seems that pd2 is perfect for you. Wait for pd2r and problem solved.

3 Likes

Many D2 mods rely on game injections which Blizzard has said will not be allowed in D2R mods. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think PD2 is one of them so telling someone just to wait for PD2R seems rather strange to me.

Diablo 2: Resurrected Is Not Compatible With All Mods From The Original (thegamer.com)

2 Likes

Yeah I mean, whatever features PD2 relied on that require code edits will likely not be covered with the ā€œmod supportā€ that is coming with D2:R.

This is why even if I am against particular changes that people want that are from mods (or not from D2), Iā€™ll at least be open minded to the idea of those features being exclusive to separate game modes (or realms) and/or mod configuration settings (mod-only features basically).

That way people donā€™t need to worry about having to essentially hack the gameā€™s new security (anti-cheat, DRM, etcā€¦) in order to get the features that they want implemented.

Increased stash is agreed, everything else is a hard no from me. I seem to be noticing a lot of people discussing changes to mimic what the more popular mods have done. I stress to Blizzard: the users who somehow enjoyed the mods only did so because there are no bots. I am no purist, but POD, PD2, and slash diablo and several others were unplayable for me, and so many of my LOOOOONG time D2 friends. The largest and most significant reason for the success of those mods is the moderation. If there were no bots on Battle.net, the most popular mod would have 100> users. The changes on mods lowered the quality of the game, but removing the bots on mods GREATLY increased the quality of the mod. People are attributing those awful gear changes, charm inventory, or complete whacky mechanics I canā€™t remember the name of (corrupting?). All fun additions, for an occasional change, but nothing anyone would deal with if they had an option without bots. Loot filterā€¦ LMAOā€¦ Why not just skip the filter - Remove the items all together?!? hahahahahaā€¦ I just canā€™t.

as far as the beta testing has gone for me so far, mostly everything looks and feels excellent. I have went beyond myself and have tried testing the subjects and concerns people have been asking about in these threads. Some of these said I have found, others are confusing to me and I am unsure how or what this person is going through, based on their explanation. At this point I am appreciative and thankful for what the devs have done to the game thus far. There are minor bugs that I have seen needed fixed. Example: rubberbanding, latency issues, buggy landscape but nothing major in my opinion. I think at this point the devs should stick to their guns, continue, rinse and repeat what they have been doing. Checking and double checking all your corners and preventing the hacking and scripting (ie: necro, assassin) of all the subjects talked about previously, like all the items, quests, skills, stats, mercs, npcā€™s, monsters, summons, bosses, files of the game, sounds and what you are actually letting the public download onto their computer. Donā€™t let people distract you from the big picture of what matters most to you.

The quality of life changes they have promised have been astounding and work very well with the game in my opinion. Of course whatever the devs add, the public will just ask for more and more QOL, including myself. For example ilvls and being able to examine another character