[Suggestion] Recycle all Legendaries button

Is that true? It was a salvage all legendaries button at first? I don’t remember that, they must have changed it quite quickly.

When D3 was still in Beta, the Characters’ Inventory had a button that allowed salvaging items directly from your Inventory. This made it possible to salvage items without having to return to town or visit the Blacksmith.

I forget what it was called. “Nephalem” something-or-other. And you could salvage all items, not just Legendary items. But, I don’t remember if it was with just 1 click. Blizzard decided to remove this feature just before D3 was released.

We then ended up with the Blacksmith’s Salvage button. We had to salvage all items at the Blacksmith 1 at a time. Due to forum response, Blizzard eventually added the buttons for salvaging all white, blue and yellow items. At the same time, they stated they would not add a salvage-all Legendary items button for the reasons stated above.

If there were any other salvage features that I did not mention here, then I must have missed them.

1 Like
  1. They can add window where you put all useless legendaries (using right-click) then click ‘destroy all’ button;
  2. They can add option that you select legendary items from your inwentory and then click ‘destroy’ .

Just two ways to develop this feature. From the programming perspective it shouldn’t be that hard to do. The ideas are opened for discussion.

Actually, there is an easier way to achieve it without causing much trouble :

1. Use the lock system that is used for gold items to avoid miss recycle

2. Add a lock icon on items and a lock controller in you inventory near the material hammer to lock an item same action as recycle

3. Auto lock item when equipped once

4. Add a salvage all that deletes all unlocked items excluding primal

Everyone makes mistakes at some point.
We should not blame the game for our own mistakes.
But, when you do a quick run and every 3 mins you need to delete all the legendery you loot, it becomes a habbit.
And, by habbit, you delete items you need.
With the previous system, you just need to quiclky look at your inventory.
Lock the items you need and then click delete all others.
That s a safer habbit to have than deleting everything quickly one by one.

PS : If you spend 20s every 3min to recycle, you will spend 1h every 10h just recycling.

1 Like

Dont you understand how ridiculous does it sound? “Salvage all the legendaries in the inventory”. Makes me vomit.
The only thing Jay Wilson said I appreciated 10yrs ago, regarding the high tear drop rate was: “sometimes you dont get what you want”.
How TF did we get to this point?

1 Like

What is the issue with salvaging all the legendary in your inventory ?
Since 1 out of 10 legendary is an ancient and looting legendary is common.
It’s not absurd to increase the gap to salvage to the new level of scarcity.
We are not playing diablo 3 like we played 10 years ago.
When we played at this time, the scarcity of legendary was real and playing in high difficulty was reserved to an elite.
Now we are rushing rift under 3 mins and we still have the same recycle process as some years ago.
Also, giving the availabilty to lock an item will make it simplier to play.
Are you not bored, that instead of having fun killing mobs and theory crafting, you spend your time salvaging objects ?
Imagine you can run a marathon in 4h and 10 years later you can run it in 10 mins. Would it still be useful to have a stand with drinking water every 5 km ?

They could make a “salvage all legendaries” button, and then to confirm you are prompted to repeatedly click a confirmation button that fills up a gauge or something before the command actually goes through. This will make it less likely to be mis-clicked but will allow us to save a few seconds, which add up to minutes, which add up to hours over the course of a character’s life.

I fail to see how clicking a button repeatedly to fill up a gauge saves any time over clicking a button to salvage an item… You’re still clicking a button

1 Like

Adding an option for removing the confirm salvage window would help a lot already.
If that window stays, we should be allowed to change the Enter keybind so that you can’t accidentally open chat instead of salvaging.

Other quality of life changes would be having an option to remove the paragon button. Not only does it get annoying for low paragons in seasons but you can click on it by accident instead of attacking an enemy.
This also applies to the chat icon in the bottom left corner where I sometimes aim at an enemy only to end up typing in chat.

you could repeatedly click in place, say 10 or so times, a lot faster than you can click + push enter while moving your cursor back and forth over 30-40 items.

This has been requested, discussed and rehashed numerous times. The system as it is is designed to protect players from their own mistakes. How many times has this been posted - “OMG, I salvaged my Primal XXX!!!” ? It makes you think twice before doing something irreversible.

If 7 seconds is too much time to spend salvaging, well, I don’t know what to tell you.

3 Likes

So are you still arguing that my idea wouldn’t save time or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

I think your idea sucks compared to mine :slight_smile:
It s way safer than your idea.
And, you have less action to perform to actually perform it.
Also, adding a distinction between legendaries normal / ancient / primal and delete only the normal one is safer.
Since, most of us are focusing on ancient / primal after 10h in the season.

There is another topic for this subject. Most people salvage their primal because you cannot distinguishe them due to the glowing orange effect.
Also, if you could lock items, you will have less issues.
Auto lock on equipped and primal.
So you need to manually recycle them.

Ok, I do like that idea better.

And here’s why D3 itemization sucks. All the time picking a million items you know they’re trash just for the sake of materials. Not enough with blues and yellows dropping already identified, not enought with whites, blues and yellows being all able to be mass-trashed with just 1 button that we even need to go further. And one-size-fits-all inventory with room for a ton of items filling faster than the super tiny D2 tetris one.

i wouldnt mind a salvage all non ancient button.

I’m saying it wouldn’t save enough time to justify changing the system currently in place.

If you combine the feature I explained with the following feature, you will save a lot of time.

Add a number in the kanai cube allowing multiple upgrade of yellow items contained in your inventory :
https://imgur.com/OeQhEVS

Here is a use case where you save 20 mins or more :
Craft 400 legendary items by upgrading them with kanai cube.
I say 400 because it s the rate of primal items.
So usually if you want a primal for a part of your stuff, you will do that.

Ive suggested, like many others, this option to be optional. For those that want to use it, turn it on in the ui. For those that don’t, obviously keep it at the default setting of off. Even with the option activated, there would still be a prompt asking if you want to salvage all the legendaries after clicking the salvage all legendaries button.

Yeah, there will still be people that will say they clicked the option in the ui on accident and then they clicked the salvage all legendaries on accident and then they clicked yes on accident when the prompt asked them if they wanted to do salvage all of their legendaries and they accidently salvaged a legendary item that they wanted to keep.

That s why we need a lock system like gold you transmodif.
You cannot say that you recycle by error if there is a lock system.
Also, legendary ancient and primal should be locked by default.
It will limit the number of errors.