[Suggestion] OPTIONAL auto pick up and auto salvage

OPTIONAL FEATURE (as compromise between ones who like this idea and ones who do not like it)
Placement - additional button in the profile below the button Paragon (and with the same meaning - settings are individual for each character).
Realization - the set of checkboxes which will be unlocked by reaching the appropriate paragon level and will provide their effects after checking them (and will provide no effects after unchecking them).

Paragon Setting
100 Auto pick up of white / blue / yellow / orange mats
200 Auto salvage of white items into mats
300 Auto salvage of blue items into mats
400 Auto salvage of yellow items into mats
500 Auto teleport of white / blue / yellow / orange mats
600 Auto pick up of Death’s Breath
700 Auto teleport of Death’s Breath
800 Auto pick up of gems
900 Disable messages about picking up mats

Notes:

1. auto salvage means that the appropriate item will be automatically converted into the appropriate number of mats (like Blacksmith does) which will be dropped on the ground instead of such item;
  2. auto teleport means that the mats will be placed directly in your inventory without dropping them on the ground at all (but with the same message above player like when you salvage items by Blacksmith);
  3. in the case of items that give transmog which is not unlocked yet for the current player, option of auto salvage is ignored and item is dropped on the ground as is (while player do not pick up such item once and do not unlock the appropriate transmogrification scheme).
12 Likes

I would still like to see the items hit the ground, just as gold and shards hit the ground, then are auto-looted. The reward loop for me is seeing the stuff hit the ground, then knowing I have it in my inventory, other than that, I would love to see the above put into the game.

3 Likes

Why the “unlock at certain paragon level” system though? It seems totally unnecessary. I prefer our pets picking up crafting materials and gems over us. These requets aren’t new, im assuming blizzard has seen these kinds of auto pick up posts but they seem to not like the idea, even though a large portion of the community think its a great feature to have in the game.

I understand that its a loot game and clicking on items to pick them up should be an amazing feeling especially when its a legendary. We could still have that amazing feeling with just armor and weapon type items, all we’re asking for is just the crafting materials and gems. It shouldn’t be a major issue.

nice wish but the is no way they will invest any kind of design time for D3 now. D3 is quite “dead” per se.

This has only been requested thousands of times, lets see if the devs are serious about their “we’re listening” stance.

3 Likes

Hard to implement. Maybe they could make a blacksmith buttom for legendary:

• Salvage all non identified legendary.

Pros:

• Player would not accidentally salvage one item it uses.
  • Avoid a lot of player complaining by tickets they accidentally salvaged one item.
    Etc

No problems at all - just do not check the settings with auto teleport. :wink:

To have some logic for the first created character - at the initial time one need pick up yellow items for char.
To have more options (for more optional gameplay) with the increase of power of heroes (paragon).
Just due to placement of additional button (keeping logic).

The main difference of this suggestion is in its optionality to have compromise between all (players that want auto pick up, players that do want auto pick up, and developers that do not want to add this feature by their reasons). With such approach the counter-arguments do not matter at all (due to optionality of suggestion - it is the choice of each player).

Let’s see. :wink:

Nothing to hard.
There is already auto pick up of Blood Shards (and gold).
Auto teleport feature can be created even by any third party programmer - it is just hook at the appropriate place of the code.

Yeah. And massive complaints from casual players which will press this button and will salvage all their legs. Nope.

Just hide this buttom on esc - options - etc. So just expertise player would enable it. Solved. :smiley:

1 Like

I mean I do like this “unlock this at a certain paragon level” but for something like auto pick up for different kinds of things, no.

“Giving the option to turn auto pick up on and off” vs “Giving auto pick up” is still giving auto pick up lol. This isint really a new suggestion. And I dont see why a player would hate this feature so why and what reason would they have to have it off? Like if we had this turn on and off button for blood shards, how many would have it off? I’m assuming everyone would have it turned on, making the option to have it turned off unnecessary as well, an unnecessary additional step.

It’s better, in my opinion, if we just keep it simple and have pets auto pick crafting materials and gem like they do with gold. No on and off button.

Nope. Sooner solution is (in addition to your one): uncheck this button only after reaching paragon 2k (for example). Perhaps, in such case there will be minimum amount of complaints from casual players.

Do not like - do not use. Very simple.
In comparison with you non-optional auto pick up of something by pets.

I answered already. There are players that do not want auto pick up at all. There are developers that think that picking up of garbage is the greatest idea. There is gob-ring at last (I am about auto salvage).
So such your argument: “I’m assuming everyone would have it turned on” is not true at all. That’s why I suggested optional feature, not permanent one.

There are already such suggestions on this forum. With no luck.

i like Auto pick up to be non-optional.
i like Auto salvage to be optional: what do you want to be Auto salvaged.

and i like it to be a core QOL feature from the start.
-programmed in a way that gives minor taxation on the game-server.

1 Like

where can i download this software you are using ?

1 Like

check video description

Wow, did you really just post a video showing you breaking the EULA by using macros to automate your gameplay?

Unless you also want to risk your account getting banned, I really wouldn’t recommend doing that.

3 Likes

Wow, what a very efficient way to call the moderators attention to you.

3 Likes

Wow, what a very efficient way to call the moderators attention to you.

haha i see what you did there

Are you talking about this? This is the dumbest reason ever. Just cause your slow and cant keep up with others doesnt mean auto pick up should be a turn on and off button. And are you implying this feature should be a group thing? Its not an individual option but for the whole group, thats so stupid. Like “oh my god im so slow, i better turn auto pick up off so i can cripple my whole team so i can catch up” or “Hey guys can you turn your auto pick up off so i can catch up with you” LOL what?

Dont use a fork to eat soup, make a speed build, every class can make one.

This is as simple as i like it to be too. OP is trying to make this feature into something complicated and unnecessary.

It is the one reason against auto pick up from some players. It is their opinion. I suggested to disable auto pick up of DB to fix “such problem” ONLY for random groups. There are clans and so on - auto pick up of DB will work in the non-random group.

And it is not optionality at all - just no auto pick up of DB in non-random groups and you demonstrated already your relation to such solution.

So exactly by this reason I suggested optional auto pick up instead of permanent one. You can’t answer for all, can’t know the reasons of all players, so optional auto pick up solves any problems in the case of players that do not like it by their reasoning. It is just their desire, no more. It can be with no logic at all. They just want this (do not want auto pick up). That’s all.

It is only your opinion. I suggested optional thing which can’t affect anybody. Your reasoning: “all will use this feature anyway!” The absense of auto pick up now (though there are many threads with such suggestion during many years) should be explained to you the simple thing - something wrong with permanent auto pick up (because there are players that do not want to have it; developers are one of such players). Simple thing for understanding, I thought.

You keep saying i dont speak for others yet you do the same. There’s literally no one here speaking out that they specificly want the turn on and off button for auto pickup, where are they? There’s me and 1 other person who spoke out against that here. And im telling you again, its not the players issue, its the Devs issue, they dont want it cause of this reason:

Wyatt Cheng: We want to retain a sense that the crafting mats are real items. We have found that when something becomes auto-pickup, you often don’t even notice when you get it or not. We added vacuum pickup to alleviate how much clicking you need to pick everything up (particularly after killing Gelatinous Sires!).

Your just repeating yourself at this point.

Asking someone to turn their auto pickup off just so you can move around the map together is utterly hilarious.

1 Like

Your need to understand one simple thing: to have some permanent feature you need approval for this from ALL players (your arguments do not matter at all just because you can’t talk from the side of ALL players). You do not need such approval from ALL players in the case of OPTIONAL feature (checkboxes on and off for auto pick up) just because now it is the own choice of each player from these ALL players.
If you are talking about disabling auto pick up of DB for non-random groups, this is just additional (and not main) suggestion for the possible case of many players that need such feature. Moreover, the players that were against auto pick up (anything auto pick up) by such reason on our sub-forum, rejected at the end idea with disabling of auto pick up for non-random groups. :wink:

For this purpose there is such moment:

You always know when and what you get - due to additional messages under player (which can be disabled at reaching paragon 900).
And yes: Blood Shards are not “real items” or what?
I.e.: very strange argument from devs. Which can be changed by collecting as much as possible likes for the idea of OPTIONAL auto pick up. :wink: