Suggestion : Make full offline mode and allow modders to save this ship

I have tried new set for DH today. Too clunky to play , even with 1 generator. As strong as the wet paper. T16 and it has problems with survival. Nothing interesting in the set’s mechanics. Set skin is steam-punk oriented, but it uses strafe when it can be spike trap/caltrops set (aka trapper)…

The state of the game looks really disappointing , especially when you consider how good and fluid combat is. Please, Blizzard. Release the kraken, I mean, release the dev kit and made full offline mode that wont be compatible with online. Let the modding community flourish, maybe you will get something from this too. Look what people did with Median XL mod for example.

Please, consider this as a suggestion of a fellow member of the community.

43 Likes

for sure. modders can easily save it and finally bring usable content out. only for what? the game is so bad and the reputation of the company is deep in the basement.
and devs manage to release bad sets out after a few years. (Work for such a set is less than 4-8 hours). and for modders they have to ADAPT and publish tools for further development. but when i look at what they’ve been doing in the last 7-8 years, i don’t think they can even do THIS till d4 release.

10 Likes

Cannot deny that

However, if there would be a mod, that comes close to quality of D2, we have something to do until D4 is out. Plus, they can literally plagiarize the ideas and use them in D4 - D3 will live on due to this (private servers possibility) , they will have free ideas/code/feedback for what we , as a community, want. Imo, worth it, isnt it?

2 Likes

This is just silly. The era of modding is long over.

6 Likes

What :open_mouth: The era of modding is as strong as ever.

11 Likes

This is not D2 in 2003. Internet is very accessible and companies hold the keys over massively multiplayer games tightly.

Most games today are not massively multiplayer.

Plenty of games have modding today.

8 Likes

Take a breath, and play other games than Diablo. You probably can see much more games are supported by the power of modding.

4 Likes

After the DoTA fiasco it will be a cold day in Sanctuary before Blizzard let’s moders work with one of their products again.

Even with the paper shield clauses that they have added to the TOS.

Give it up, the future is here and it is online.

1 Like

Yeah, like DotA! Oh wait…

the problem is, modders bring a lot more content than there will be in d4. I’m not exaggerating here. and players know better what others want. so the game will be much more interesting than now. and d3 has useful graphics. with mod extensions you can easily play it for more than 5 years. especially because new content is actually coming.
all this means that an empty flop like d4 is not bought. what for?

2 Likes

Clearly not the case.
More like the future is here and it is 1% online :smiley:

Blizzard failed hard at securing the rights to DOTA. That is on themselves.
But in the end, they are not worse off than if DOTA had never existed. Contrary, DOTA likely made them sell more WC3 copies.

I’m perfectly fine with game publishers throwing in more clear restrictions into the EULAs on rights for mods made in their games.

1 Like

Like Shadout mentioned, DotA if anything helped blizzard even if they didn’t get the rights to it.

On top of that the failure of Heroes of the Storm was not that it wasn’t called DotA. It’s that it’s just not a good game. It being called DotA wouldn’t have saved it.

Blizzard may think that the future is online but the overall narrative around here that it is that way for gaming in general is blatantly false.

Most of the games I’ll be getting this year include offline modes.

7 Likes

offline games must create a credible world. however, their developers have no idea about it.
do you remember thief 2 for example? absolutely blistering atmosphere. mixed feelings behind every door. or wow in the first months was also something unique. there they gave a lot.
but now they really only bring senseless garbage. You can see that in the stupid dialogues and quests for children. the music doesn’t take away either and is switched off immediately.

1 Like

If we’re talking modding it mostly just needs a good base. Skyrim has a very shallow world and it’s the most popular game out there for modding.

Beyond that certain genres might need a credible world more than others but as a whole the game mostly just has to be fun.

1 Like

Actually the future is on Mobile. D:I is just the tip of the spear…:pensive:

2 Likes

Given that CD Projekt’s stock is worth more than Activision’s is, clearly the future needs to be making great games and not being anti-consumer.

3 Likes

I doubt it (controlling schemes simply aren’t good enough*).
But mobile games can be offline as well.

*What I would expect is that the lines between mobility and traditional gaming blurs more and more, such as with the Switch.

I think Minecraft, Skyrim, Conan Exiles, Fallout 4, and a huge slew of other games beg to differ…

And that’s not even getting into how some older games still see mods being made, even today. DOOM, Quake, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight and many many more…

8 Likes

Seems like Blizzard is not into it. On this one, I cannot necessarily blame them. I do think this last patch seems half baked.

3 Likes