Stuttering in town and huge FPS drops during fights

Did you try shutting off the fps cap in the settings? It is the 2 bars in options ones for back ground fps, and the other is for max fps cap, uncheck the boxes.

If you are still having skips I’m not sure. For me it doesn’t skip even if it goes down low, or 180 this time I am in town.

Make sure vsync is off in GeForce settings, and it’s set to max performance not max power saving.

1 Like

I did all that, nothing has changed.

dude, it’s just windows defender scanning files or bnet trying to update something. restart and gg.

I wish that was the case, but it’s not, already checked it

That could be true I always disable windows fire wall and defender. That can be annoying to do if you don’t have pro. You could try windows 11 that has a game mode that when it detects your in game it stops back ground applications.

test your game sound

What about the tear line i described before? Doesn’t this give any hint?

@Bravata
What you posted fixes only the freeze issues for me, not the microstuttering, unfortunately

try turning off all your community channels.

All channels are off, still the same

i didnt see if you said already, but did you repair files with the bnet app yet? and update DirectX

yep, i already did all that

turn off hardware acceleration in the bnet app?

Not only. I also tried the 32bit version, i disabled Discord overlay, Xbox game bar, firewall… basically everything, lol

I’m gonna say than your computer just isn’t powerful enough to do what you want.

when was the last time you played and it didnt stutter?

what are your general pc specs?

Good question, can’t remember tbh. My Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
Monitor: XG2703-GS

that’s very sketch, try using an older nvidia driver

My card isn’t that much better than yours it’s a 2080, though my cpu is it’s a 10700k 5ghz all cores, but that shouldn’t be 140 to 300 more fps. I never drop below below triple digit numbers. Though what resolution are we talking about? I’m talking 1080. I could see a 2070 and a 3800x hitting 30 fps on 4k 144hz. I have dipped below 60 when I use to play 4k 420 8 bit 120 hz on my tv.

You could always try windows 11, it’s free ATM, and if it doesn’t fix it you can always go back. It’s werid if you are playing 1080 resolution and getting that many less fps than me.

I did, no luck there either

@mitsos, did you try turning your in game sound channels down to the lowest setting?