[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Im just done with the season at this point. Not going to play when I can’t play without freezing constantly.

Last blue post was 5 days ago. Is there any hope to fix this problem?

1 Like

its now been months if they truly cared it would have been fixed by now

1 Like

Just disappointing…

1 Like

QA is on vacation. just again nobody knows

Heres the “fix”

BIG SHOUT OUT TO BLIZZ … .THIS SHOULD BE YOUR PROBLEM TO FIX. ITS NOT A MICROSOFT PROBLEM . AS THE ISSUES ONLY HAPPEN IN BLIZZARD GAMES.

I have detailed the “Work Around” or Solution below. I hope this helps in permanently fixing this issue

Step 1: Download Heros of the Storm
Step 2: Go to where its installed: “Example”
D:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64
Step 3: Copy fmodex64_4_44_23.dll to a different directory
Step 4: Rename the file to fmodex64.dll
Step 5: Go to the x64 Folder of D3 " Example"
D:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64
Step 6: BattleNet / Settings / Game Install Update / Select Never Automatically Apply Updates
Step 7 : Close Battnet
Step 8 : Replace the fmodex64.dll file in the D:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64 with the one you have just made
Step 9: Launch BNET press PLAY
( Warning )
Sometimes it says UPDATE and you are force to update for then you just close BNET , replace the file and try again.
What happens is you remove ALL GAME SOUND. However this fixes all the 10seconds freezes caused When Running Any Windows OS Patch past 1909

16 Likes

It’s been 84 years…

1 Like

Blizzard please fix your game i wanna play !

3 Likes

Launcher script documented here: [Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds - #16 by foureight84-1430

So you don’t have to keep copying the files over manually.

Is there a way to prevent this? Getting the UPDATE despite running the script on multiple occasions.

Not that i am aware i just close BNET replace the file again and reopen it and hope it says PLAY. A bit manuall yes but it works till Blizzard Fixes this

It’s always going to update. The point of the script is to copy and replace the fxmod file and then launch game.

Rename the fmodex64.dll to “fmodex64.dll.new” and move it to the Diablo 3 x64 folder.

Create a .bat file with the following lines:

@echo off
copy /Y "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64\fmodex64.dll.new" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64\fmodex64.dll"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\"
Battle.net.exe --exec="launch D3"

That will replace the dll file and launch Diablo 3 via the battle.net launcher. This will bypass the D3 login screen.

Run the bat file with battle.net client running and it will copy the dll and launch D3 right after. The dll may get updated later on but launching it via the bat file mentioned above addresses the update issue.

2 Likes

@Drakuloth it’s been 10 days since the last update and 2 months since this was reported. This is nuts, you have a game breaking bug for a meaningful percentage of the people who still play this game. WTF is Bliz doing?

3 Likes

An ETA on a potential fix would be nice after multiple weeks

Edit:
Just noticed the update was due this week (after pausing it a few times). Unfortunaltely I can NOT pause it any longer then August 29th… Pls fix or the game is going to break. I like playing with sound and not messing up .dlls…

1 Like

Blizzard this is happening to more and more people are forced to update thanks to Microsoft. This only effects YOUR GAME.
Wheres the fix . I want game sound

3 Likes

I’m actually surprised they haven’t pushed a reversion to the last known working FMOD DLL set. That would resolve the current issue and give them time to fix the broken version they updated to previously.

4 Likes

they will never release a bugfix that breaks sound instead. then this forum will be full with a gazillion crybabies that want to play WITH SOUND

1 Like

call us crybabies all you want we payed to play this game

4 Likes

Day 3223562 since the problem started. Still no blue post to give us some hope! :frowning:

1 Like

Hey folks,

We still haven’t heard back from the developers with anything particularly useful for you all. We haven’t forgotten this, we just haven’t been bumping the thread since we try to avoid posting on known bugs when there isn’t important information to be communicated.

1 Like