Stuck with trag's necro

i seem to be getting closer and closer to running out of time for clears and im not sure how much more i can do. I got to 126 with 5 minutes remaining but i feel like i should be much higher… i already have 5 augments and over 1k paragon, i dont get why my damage isn’t there. I look at gr150 clears and they’re hitting for trillions with every death nova. I just dont understand how like 1k paragon could make that much of a difference. I cant imagine how im going to get 25 more grift levels if im taking 10 minutes to clear 126

Augment all and get more para, 1k is too low. Make sure you have all multipliers and gems upgraded at least to your gr level +2. Look at top builds on leaderboards to see if you’re missing something.

Main stat grows with exponential benefit. Also they must have full augments possibly over 125 ranks since they’re hitting GR150, plus 1k paragon over you. Also the recorded result you are seeing could have been achieved after 800-1000 greater rift keys for fishing it and you never realize.

2 Likes

This build shines in high GRs because it scales extremely well with density. This is your main pushing strategy. Gather monsters around you. Do not fight small packs or single targets. Also skip juggernauts cause they render your Krysbin and bane of the trapped useless and you cannot do any real damage to them. Also, keep one pylon (preferably the power pylon) for the Rift guardian fight if you can. Focus on killing trash and finish off the elites either by bringing more trash with area damage or with a conduit. Your high pushes should be on big open maps. If you have a shield pylon, you may want to manually cast a few death novas, because the 10 stacks would fall otherwise after some time. Your paragon is not high, but it’s certain that you can go at least 10 GRs higher if you look for all these things.

6 Likes

Yukos has it right. Nova excels in density. If you can stack phys CoE cycle, Oculus circle, triune damage circle, and a power pylon, you can absolutely wreck a high density crowd in seconds at higher GRs than you’d think possible.

I would focus on getting the strategy right when at low paragon because once your gear gets better it scales so well. I was doing 135+ by the time I was 1100-1200 para. I’m close to 1400 and only now stalling at GR140 due to toughness issues and the rift guardian taking so long to kill.

That said, you should definitely be closing in on the 130-135 range if you have several augments and decent gear by now.

3 Likes

Make sure you stun in physical coe ans as said density. I leveled al gems to 150 on wizard which helps

1 Like

I had never played the Necro before this season (that is, except to get the Necro wings), so forgive the noob question but only the pink circle is useful, right?

In what sense the benefit is exponential? Damage at least grows linearly based on main stat. For example if you double the main stat, you double the damage.

On my screen it shows more like a glowing red. The light blue is CDR and the green is RCR.

The blue is nice when you can stand still and spam defensive skills while attacking so you can keep Squirt stacks. The green is fine when you’re not having the important shrine powers up as it can make you spam your spenders.

2 Likes

Well, after 3 years, I still can’t say what color the walls of my kitchen are, so I’ll believe you about the DPS circles being red rather than pink ^^

Each additional stat benefit grows further with each additive stat. Perhaps that’s not entirely exponential but yeah, it’s growing. I don’t have a better term for that.
For example, after around 17-18k main stat, each additional 5 main stat, would grant you around 1% of sheet dps on top of the current value. Can you imagine getting that when you had 100 main stats only? That’s what I remember, although exact values could be wrong. In terms of toughness, the addition of damage mitigation percent may look small but it still has an impact on your overall survival and effective health. Even 1-2% difference can double your effective health at really high damage mitigation.

The total amount of main stat forms one singular damage multiplier. The exact formula of how damage scales based on main stat is [1 + (main stat)/100]. So if one does X amount of damage at 10k main stat, then at 20k main stat the damage is 201/101 * X, at 30k main stat the damage is 301/101 * X, etc.

The damage scaling is not exponential.

When you wear Guardian’s Set that exactly doubles your main stat without any augments, it also amplifies your sheet damage more than double. As far as I remember there are some excess, besides the expected correlation between sheet damage and main stat.

I’m just having a hard time finding the right term for this snowball effect.

Sheet damage can be deceptive. It does not tell the whole truth.

I’d suggest you educate yourself with some basics:

So excess dps shown on character sheet is a reflection of increased attack speed and other modifiers, I assume? I know those calculations, just having a hard time to decipher this snowballing effect to use the right terms.

Yes. The sheet damage is combination of several basic factors and main stat is only one of those.

This does not change the fact that damage scaling from main stat is roughly linear as it is calculated with this formula:
[1 + (main stat)/100]

2 Likes

Yep, that’s correct. Linear, not exponential.

The only way in which mainstat can (sort of) exceed that linear relationship to damage is when a certain amount of extra toughness from mainstat “unlocks” different build options that are essentially unplayable without that extra Armor/AllRes. For instance, at a certain level of paragon (different, obviously, in Season 28 vs Non-Season) Barbs can swap BoM → CoE or BoM + CoE → Focus and Restraint. Wizards can do the same thing with Halo of Karini.

But, I don’t believe Trag’Oul Nova has a swap like that, largely because Krysbin’s Sentence adds so much damage that it outweighs basically all other considerations. You will always take that ring, no matter what other gear swaps you might have to make in order to equip it.

1 Like

this is the part most people play incorrectly, including myself.

At 1k paragon the focus should be speed GRs that you can run in 2-3 minutes. Level up to Paragon 2k, get all ancients, augment ALL gear with 125 whispers, farm 200-300 gr keys, then start pushing and upgrade your gems. Watch a video on how people are fishing and clearing 150 at low paragon (2k is still low). You should get to 150 in 4-6 hours after you start pushing.

The Fact OP hasn’t made a post other than the original gives me the feeling he’s a Troll.

Don’t feed the Troll as he/she just gets hungrier.