Stuck at 107 solo

although his “tone” can be improved his advice is still sound.

Sometimes, you have to be hard to get people to fix their problems. If the OP has a problem with my post, he can report it to the mods. If you don’t like it, same thing. I gave the OP advice, not babied him.

To be honest, dp…

I wish you would take your attitude to the console forums. Yeah, “I’m the tough guy” schtick may work on most places on the web but here, it just doesn’t fly.

Oh, and being mean about things isn’t being “tough”, it’s being RUDE. There’s about a thousand ways you could have offered the advice without sounding like a prick.

Now, just maybe, it’s your generation. I imagine it’s your parent’s fault for never teaching you respect.

(See, I made a point to. And I did it with attitude. Don’t I sound so tough?)

1 Like

I don’t give a rats you know what you think of me mate. I couldn’t give a damn about you or your “attitude”. So, right back at you mate.

Okay, let me try a different tact…

Why do you feel that you need to be tough for people to give you respect?

What put it in your head that what people need from you is that you can teach people that world isn’t a nice place. They have to learn it from somewhere, right?

Unfortunately, most people don’t need the lesson your trying to teach. Everyone knows it’s a cruel world. No one needs you to teach them that lesson. Most learned it when they were children, even those who were sheltered as much as you assume everyone but you were.

Look, I appreciate that there might be something going on in your life that requires you to put on the tough guy guise. But whatever your reasons, they aren’t enough to justify going out of your way to be mean or offend people.

You’re not making yourself look like anything but an irascible jerk. You can be better than that. Life is like a clear blue pond. When you toss a stone in the pond, the ripples will touch every part of the pond.

It’s your choice whether the stone you toss is one of kindness or one of meanness.

Criticisms do not bother me at all. I am 90 years old and the only thing that bothers me is all the abbreviations everyone uses.

3 Likes

What abbreviations give you trouble…

Things like CoE (Convention of Elements) or all the LpK, LpH and stuff like that?

On the old forums there was a huge thread that people could link to with the definitions of all the acronyms people use in posts. Unfortunately we don’t have that resource anymore.

Thanks for your help on the acronyms, Idolis. I made a copy of the dictionary in May 2013 and use it quite a bit, but it seems the new ones are not always in there. To tell the truth I didn’t take offence with dpasterns remarks. I thought it was constructive criticism.

1 Like

It’s understandable. I’m sure you’ve heard worse. We all pretty much have. That said, we try to keep it friendly here. People are more likely to take advice when it doesn’t come as heavy on the criticism and more along the lines of being helpful.

I have to admit I jumped in to defend you when you really didn’t need me to. But in my defense, dp, often comes off the way he did in this thread and its more disruptive than it should be.

Every slight, he has to respond to. And when he tries to make a point it is usually tilted as an insult along the line of “I’m better than you! So listen to me!” instead of “This is the way I do it, it works for me, maybe it could work for you too.”

Heck, he derailed a thread of mine looking for buffs for the DH for several posts arguing that console is better than PC when it had nothing to do with the thread.

In other words, he just rubs me the wrong way.

Wasn’t trying to act “tough” as you so succinctly put it. You interpreted it that way. That’s your issue, not mine.

we live in a glass house world where criticism is sadly, not wanted. Some people want a shiny, happy world where everything is rainbows and fairy floss.

if OP chooses to take my advice, he’ll prolly push 10 GRs higher. If he gets 10 more GRs out of the build, then I did my job and I’ll be happy.

Okay, let’s derail the thread further…

The world isn’t “rainbows and fairy floss”. But under no circumstance does that give you or anyone else the right to be a jerk. “The world isn’t nice, so why should I be?” is basically what your saying.

Because you find the world is this horrible unforgiving place, doesn’t mean it you have to make it so. You can, but choose not to, be a little kinder. So yes, as long as people like you do the things you do, then the world is going to be a junkyard full of jerks trying to teach the world that it’s an unkind world out there, “So get used to it!”

Well, we’re all pretty used to it. However, that doesn’t mean we should act like jerks.

You have issues. I point those issues out. You then say those issues are mine.

I’m not the only person you’ve gotten into it with on these forums. Maybe it’s not everyone else that’s the problem. It could be (and absolutely is) your frickin’ problem.

So I’ll finish by saying…

It’s time to grow up, kid. You’re not helping anybody. And if by happenstance you do wind up “helping somebody”, it won’t be because you were a jerk and that’s what did it.

Okay, whatever you say, ma’am.

Sneaks into the thread trying to be helpful…

Here’s a link to a handy guide which details what all the abbreviations and acronyms are and what they mean…

…I’ll let the others get back to squabbling now.

1 Like

Oh my god Agapetes, if you had not wrongly rolled all these items you would have a really amazing Impaler… anyway, let us not dwell on the past. You have 4 great items: gloves, boots, quiver and convention ring. You can trash your helm (get one with critical chance and impale, even if it is non ancient), your bracers (get some with critical chance and cold damage), your shoulders (you need some with cdr, in order to be perma vengeance). Ideally your chest, belt and pants should have all resist, if you can find new ones. An ideal Karlei should have attack speed and %damage (area damage would be a bonus), so hopefully you will find a better one at some point. Your amulet and compass rose are ok but you can find better (amulet with cold or lightning damage instead of dex, compass rose with critical chance and critical damage…). Finally as someone already advised, try the Shadow - Aughild build, it works great (I reached GR 120 with it) and you need new bracers and shoulders anyway (you can craft good Aughild ones quite fast at the blacksmith).

2 Likes

Thank you, Altair and Meteorblade for rescuing what I was in the process of breaking due to a long running issue I’ve had with another poster.

My apologies for my part in the disrupting of this thread.

It is much appreciated by me and undoubtedly appreciated by the OP.

My apologies again and thanks again.

1 Like

Ok, so who did you sleep with to get that Traveler’s Pledge?

1 Like

If you liked that one, check out what Thwang and Multishot are wearing.

Pretty sure this is impossible as IIRC bonus damage to elites is a primary stat. Nothing wrong at all with LpK secondary roll, I’d kill for that dagger.

Side note OP - it’s almost never a good idea to roll mainstat on gear (like your shoulders and chest) since 1) that can be adjusted with augments and 2) there is almost certainly a different stat to roll off. I would have rolled the armor on shoulders for CDR or AD (or even VIT) and on the chest for something like reduced elite damage.

Also I think the only time you really want to roll a secondary (on S6 particularly) is if you had something like near perfect primary rolls but like a poison or arcane resist secondary that could roll to physical resist. (Example if your helm had rolled primal with Dex/impale/chc (which is perfect) then you would roll the arcane to physical).

Your bracers aren’t ruined, just sub optimal, I’d have rolled the regen to elemental damage, but again I’d be happy with them compared to what I currently have LOL.

that Squirt’s yo…

My s6 toon (not equipped) has primal TP lightning/CHD/CHC and a primal CR with double crit and Dex :slight_smile:

ah good pick up, bad mistake on my part. LPK is good, but he should have rolled off vit to bonus dmg and left the secondary stat alone. I had a perfect primal karleis drop the other night - IAS/bonus dmg and LPK as secondary, pretty chuffed with it! I know, from another thread, that some have said elite dmg is a better option, but on console IAS is a better option. Interestingly, after people told me that, I checked elite vs IAS in d3planner and IAS came out as the better option, mirroring my own suspicions.