Streamer: "Small Nerf"

1.17^x=1515
Solve for x
Are you just saying you have no chance of surviving at the high GR level that the increased damage should allow you to attain?

I’ve done a GR105 on my non-seasonal WW Barb on live.

So, if you think the Rend buffs were worth a 46.6GR increase, I should have had enough damage to solo a GR150, right? So how come I only managed a GR123? How come a Barbarian with 10.5K or so paragon only managed a GR140?

It’s almost as if your claim of 46.6GR rank increase might be wrong…

6 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that have to be the most uneducated Troll in the world.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

I might be uneducated when it comes to Diablo but not trying to be a troll here. Why does the math break down in the above calcs? Is it damage mitigation that is preventing one from bringing the full power to bear?
Really just responding as to why the overreaction to the ‘small’ comment is potentially not called for.

Slam dunk! (post must be 20 characters)

You should explain wth is 1515 there? Also in order to tell the differential GR gain, you have to know a reference rend clear. Do you know the highest rend clear on NS before the patch? Because the new WW is clearing with rend damage not WW.

1 Like

7 Likes

And then went out and did a 145 with his Wiz…

Just saw S18 top clear is a 145 with a Wiz @ 4142 Paragon…LMMFAO that Barb needed a nerf.

3 Likes

Maybe you should create a specific thread for this so Nev doesn’t miss it:

Wiz 4k Clears GR 145

It puts things in perspective.

Can someone please explain to me, why after all this discussion, has there been absolutely no blue post on the matter? I would like confirmation that this change is going live in S19 so I can plan my 4 man meta appropriately.

I find it highly inappropriate that we find these small, but VERY important details out from streamers, and not the devs themselves.

1 Like

Possibly recovering from Blizzcon. I can only imagine that it would have been a hell of a week for all involved.

1 Like

Fair enough. I suppose we give them until Season 18 end date to post what’s going on =)

Still a few days until S18 ends. Then usually a bit of time passes between seasons.

Pretty sure we will here something “soon” :rofl:

1 Like

I can’t say for sure, but I suspect the following:

1. BlizzCon just wrapped up and Nev, the devs, and other CMs have had their hands full with debriefs, catching up with office work (their daily grind doesn’t get put on hold because there’s a convention), and the massive amount of emails and paperwork they have to wade through every day.
  2. I’m almost certain the devs and Nev are aware of the issue, and I’m fairly certain that Nev has opened discussions with the devs regarding my thread in this forum. It’s likely stirred some internal debate, and that could take a few days to settle.

Be patient!

6 Likes

Hi Free,

In one of the threads, my recollection is that you said you were contacting Nev. Did you contact her/hear back from her?

You forgot the ™ :smile:

I hope this is the case and they are at least discussing it; If those discussions were going on it would be nice for a CM to post that ‘we are looking at it’, not that from a business perspective they need to cater to us at all until patch notes, but it would be a nice olive branch for a community hard pressed and dismayed at the current state of Barbarians :sunny:

Never can remember how to do that :rofl:

In any case next Tuesday after the S18 ends Sunday I would expect the patch be applied for Friday’s start. That is based on the last two seasons having a very short period when one ends and the other begins. The final notes would be available then. I remember before S18 lots complained they needed another week, well don’t get caught off guard again gang. :wink:

1 Like

This is not constructive, Prokahn. Lots of wizards don’t like the extent of the rend nerf or the neutering of lamentation.

3 Likes