Streamer: "Small Nerf"

And these fellas have no idea about past. When the overall balancing was done back in S11-S12. I not only suggested buff values for barbs but also wizard and demon hunters (because necro was OP back then).

We did not ask for nerfs to necro but asked to buff all classes to necro level.

These individuals attacking us and calling for nerfs would not know this. So with MicroRNA (A DH main) and his baseless claims, I find it a complete waste of time to catalyze anything good for those classes. They can provide their own solutions.

Enough is enough

I saw you writing something about “if we can’t get Barbs buffed ( which is correct ) we can get the other classes nerfed”.
While we really don’t want that, it is needed. Cause Blizzard might say they listen, but they actually are not. They just ignore the fact that a lot of you have run the numbers through the knowledge you have about the game and they still just listen to trolls’rna

1 Like

It actually started as a joke. Micro et al was saying nerfing barb by 3GR behind wizards would be good for balance.

And I said, if nerfing for balance is fine, why not nerf wizard by 19 GR, DH by 15GR etc… I then saw they could not reply at first. Then softened a bit and said no need to exagarate. lol

Wait wait, a few jokes are fun towards Fluffy, but blaming him for something is not.
If he didnt tweet it we would not even know it was nerfed.
Ok so he made a mistake on the small part :P, no need to burn him for that.

1 Like

Bingo, just a stat critic without playing the builds so he never understands how hard it is to do well in higher GR’s. This is why Blizzard nerfed Chantado and Nec thorns for S19, as using tricks people were way OP compared to Barb, Crusader, WD, DH, Monk builds.

Also there is a satire here. If people do not selectively read, one can find this sentence as shown above. Either nerf top or buff lower levels to top.

Both are valud approaches for balance.

Again pls read the intro there, the story of that thread is laid out. It is all thanks to a table loving demon hunter main MicroRNA et al.

Also wizard nerfs are also asked by wizard class themselves. Honest players. They knew their pushing builds were over performing.

I just crunch numbers and estimate overall buff requirements. How they can be achieved is beyond me except barb.

He tweeted it as a small nerf, I told him otherwise. He then proceeded with not knowing what I was talking about and that I was pointing “hatred towards him”, while only explaining why it was not a small nerf. Told him, that if he thinks it is a small nerf, he shouldn’t be calling himself lord of D3 when not knowing anything, which apparently he doesn’t.

4 Likes

But it is a small nerf- in relation to the buff just received. Look at the boost to rend which was giving a potential 53.6 GR gain based on the damage multiplier (101x15x3). It is now sitting at a 46.6 GR increase (101x15). Really just a little icing off the top of a very large cake.

1 Like

Please. Just stop it. If you have no idea, just stop.

5 Likes

You also this in a another thread about Barbs

Better ‘rein that in’ before it gets out of hand…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So excuse us for seeing through your oblivious bias with that post.

1.17^x=1515
Solve for x
Are you just saying you have no chance of surviving at the high GR level that the increased damage should allow you to attain?

I’ve done a GR105 on my non-seasonal WW Barb on live.

So, if you think the Rend buffs were worth a 46.6GR increase, I should have had enough damage to solo a GR150, right? So how come I only managed a GR123? How come a Barbarian with 10.5K or so paragon only managed a GR140?

It’s almost as if your claim of 46.6GR rank increase might be wrong…

6 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that have to be the most uneducated Troll in the world.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

I might be uneducated when it comes to Diablo but not trying to be a troll here. Why does the math break down in the above calcs? Is it damage mitigation that is preventing one from bringing the full power to bear?
Really just responding as to why the overreaction to the ‘small’ comment is potentially not called for.

Slam dunk! (post must be 20 characters)

You should explain wth is 1515 there? Also in order to tell the differential GR gain, you have to know a reference rend clear. Do you know the highest rend clear on NS before the patch? Because the new WW is clearing with rend damage not WW.

1 Like

7 Likes

And then went out and did a 145 with his Wiz…

Just saw S18 top clear is a 145 with a Wiz @ 4142 Paragon…LMMFAO that Barb needed a nerf.

3 Likes

Maybe you should create a specific thread for this so Nev doesn’t miss it:

Wiz 4k Clears GR 145

It puts things in perspective.

Can someone please explain to me, why after all this discussion, has there been absolutely no blue post on the matter? I would like confirmation that this change is going live in S19 so I can plan my 4 man meta appropriately.

I find it highly inappropriate that we find these small, but VERY important details out from streamers, and not the devs themselves.

1 Like