Strafe/Hungering Arrow of GoD DH build not working as intended

Greetings.

I´would like to report a bug that occurred just an hour ago regarding my Seasonal Demon Hunter with the Gears of Dreadlands Build, and utilizing the Strafe/Hungering arrow combination.

Up until an hour ago it was working properly, and i was able to finish GR80 without any issue and with a lot of spare time left (8-9 minutes left). That is until i started doing bounties and when I reached Act 5 Pandemonium fortress, the DH stopped being capable of even denting the HP of the creeps, bosses, and the like.

Another bug indication is that previously, the Hatred values were fast generating and hardly going down; but after the aberration, the Hunger values were being depleted quickly, as though they were not registering the hits.

I have a video demonstrating the issue, I can upload / send if requested.

PS not sure if this counts as the unkillable monsters but it is in most places making it impossible to play.

Thank you and have a great one.

Blizzard does not respond here. You should always include screenshots and/or videos if you have them. It even says that in the How to Write a Good Bug Report Sticky.

To post a link to your video:

1. Upload your video to a free video-hosting website, like YouTube.
  2. Click Share and Copy the URL of your video.
  3. Paste the link to your video in your post.
  4. Select the link you just pasted and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar.
  5. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://youtu.be/hJ4ECW1nHxk

1 Like

Hello Perusoe,

As requested here it is:

Also If using shift it will work normally, without any issue.

Hope this helps,
Thank you.
Crossfire.

Okay. Neither the game nor the GoD Set is bugged. The problem is in your playstyle. You don’t seem to understand how this Set and it’s supporting items work.

After watching your video and examining your build (in your Armory Profile), this is what I see:

1. You only gained Momentum once in the entire run. That means you’re not attacking with Hungering Arrow, except that one time. And even then you only gained 14 stacks, which you immediately let drop off. Hungering Arrow is your MAIN DAMAGE DEALER. (Not Strafe).
  2. You Strafe all the time. So, you’re only proc’ing one of the Bastions Rings, but never both. Because of this, you’re not doing as much Damage as you could be. It is also why you’re always running out of Hatred. And because Strafe is NOT your main Damage dealer, you’re doing even less Damage than you should. Strafe is a resource spender. Hungering Arrow is your main Damage dealer and your resource generator.
  3. You’re using Shadow Power too often. That’s why you’re also running out of Discipline. Shadow Power should only be used when you feel like you’re about to take Damage. Shadow Power increases your Life per Hit when you’re mobbed. Especially by multiple Elite groups. Use it sparingly.
  4. I never once saw you activate Companion. You’re losing out on even more Damage you could be doing since you’re using the Wolf Rune. You should always activate Companion at the start of a battle and when it’s off Cooldown.
  5. You also need to learn your enemies. In your battle with Malthael, you ran through some of his most deadliest attacks, getting yourself instantly killed.

I’m playing a Demon Hunter very similar to yours. I made this video, for a different reason, of a Greater Rift 80 run.

1. I start by manually casting Hungering Arrow to gain my 20 stacks of Momentum.
  2. Then, I cast Vengeance and Companion.
  3. I then Strafe forward to battle.
  4. As soon as I see monsters I cast Fan of Knives to gain 40% Armor.
  5. Then I cast Hungering Arrow for main Damage, alternating with Strafe to kite the monsters and proc both Bastions of Will Rings.
  6. When I start to take Damage I will activate Shadow Power.

Notice the icons above the Action Bar. I try to keep my Momentum up to the maximum 20 stacks. Sometimes it may fall off to 16 or 17, but one attack with Hungering Arrow brings it back up to 20 stacks. Since I attack mostly with Hungering Arrow, this is easy to keep maxed. Also notice that both, Focus and Restraint, icons are up during battle. The only time they drop off is when there’s no monsters to hit.

I hope this helps. If you need further help, you might want to move this thread to the Demon Hunter Forum. (As discussing this further in the Bug Report Forum will be frowned on). You can move your own thread by editing the OP and selecting the appropriate Forum. When you save your edit, the thread and all replies will be moved to that forum.
Good luck and good hunting!  

1 Like

Thank you Perusoe,

It was a bit confusing at first to understand how to really work around with it, you need to press down strafe and click every second or 2 seconds, then it works perfectly, apologies for this as it was my first time using demon hunter and wasn’t really aware of the mechanics of it.

Thank you very much for the time

2 Likes

ya the set bonus makes it seem like the strafe would apply momentum stacks but it doesn’t. you have to actually shoot hungering arrows… the set bonus doesn’t trigger focus and restraint set bonus’s either.