Stop trying to make d4 into d2

So no one will want to play D4 because of all the big character PKing the little characters where the little characters get 1 shotted
that’s going to keep the masses in the game
I don’t play D2 because of all the PKing that goes on and having to be an unwilling participant in it

Is there even any of those?
All D2 players want is just another D2 clone, with widescreen and updated graphics otherwise everything has to be just like D2

Well, I am a huge fan of D2 and I don’t want just another D2 clone. If I want to play D2, I will go play D2. When D4 comes out, it does need to have positive elements that D2, but also those positive elements from D3 along with some new wrinkles to make the game interesting and long term substaining. The biggest mistake so many developers make is trying reinvent the wheel and turn a franchise into something it is not. If they want to make a crap ton of money long term, take what works from previous iterations and build on it.

It is always interesting how so many people see the tiny fraction of the D2 fans that want a modern graphics D2 clone and project that to the whole fan base.

1 Like

Farewell you guys. There is no free speech and the risk of posting here exceeds the reward. I’m done with this forum for now at least.

2 Likes

If you yourself are unable to compare the games objectively, then no wonder you resort to strawmans such as “nostalgia”.
I have both games installed, I have played them for thousands of hours.

D2, while not perfect, is a very solid game even for today’s standards. The itemization remains unmatched by other games.

Nope. D3 has few minor improvements over D2… as in the interface, the shared stash and (arguably) the potion system.

Key aspects of D3 are simply downgrades, such as the skill system, the itemization.

Nope. I’m sorry, but that’s laughable.

D3 is fundamentally broken precisely, because major features such as Paragon 2.0 render the endgame mode Greater Rifts and the Leader Boards meaningless, turns them into a quasi-competition.

And, since I saw you in the other thread regarding cheating, I gotta say, that you’re not taking the following into account:
D3 Vanilla wasn’t competitive, yet Blizzard cared about cheating and were banning them rather quickly.
RoS is (or more like was meant to be) competitive by design (GRifts and Leader Boards), and yet Blizzard are not doing much to handle the cheating. First ban waves in RoS were back in 2016, two years after RoS released.

I’d say the annoying vocal minority are people, who are unable to compare the games objectively.

And, since you bring up the “vocal minority” nonsense, this kind of suggests, that the “silent majority” is satisfied with D3… and I’d say this is wrong.
Most of the people who bought D3 are not playing it actively and they haven’t for a long time.
Other looters like Destiny 2, Warframe, Path of Exile and so on are straight up superior ATM. Hell, even unlocking a skin in Overwatch feels more rewarding than earning a Paragon lvl or two.

The problem is, that you seem to think, that quality of life improvements are more importan than substance.
In D2 the itemization, the skill system and the leveling – those were of substance.
In D3 the interface, the potion system, the shared stash and so on – those are nice, but are merely quality of like improvements.

In D2 were to get a Remaster, I don’t believe any reasonable person would be mad if the interface was changed, and if we got shared stash. There’s literally a modification, that enables shared stash in D2.

Reasonable people would like both the quality of life improvements from D3 and the substance from D2 to make it into D4. You for some reason are turning this into a false dichotomy and on top of that, you’re suggesting, that we should pick quality of life improvements over substance.
Why?

12 Likes

Ahhh yes, the nostalgia argument. Classic. You know, it’s funny…I played D1 for 3 years before D2 came out and I had some serious good times with it, but I didn’t think it’s sequel was a mediocre PG13 trainwreck that insults my intelligence with hidden footprints and horadric hamburgers, and a large demon telling me that vegetables are bad and meat is good.

Damn, HUGE gameplay improvement here. You got me.

They decided to make rares and blues drop identified because they’re 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999% useless in the game. You identify Legendaries to get a Forgotten Soul. Such a fitting name for salvaging such memorable items.

I’m sorry, what? The Town Portals from D2 were almost instant and you don’t get interrupted.

Not really, it made some characters have a stronger start, but by the end they’re pretty much useless if your characters at it’s end game build.

This is one of the things that killed the game. Imagine not getting punished for making mistakes, how would you learn? What is there to learn in this?

What competition? Bragging that you can finish a G Rift 15 seconds faster than someone else because you got lucky drops and your items have a little more high number on them? Damn. Huge achievements.

What skills? Your items are your skills. You wear a full set and take off 1 item in the build and suddenly you’re 5000000% weaker. Also, why does a wizard wearing a large physical DPS sword make her meteors and fireballs burn hotter and her blizzard colder? How is that good game design? Do you not find that insultingly bad?

PoE is more complicated than this and yet more people play and enjoy it more than Diablo 3. It’s almost as if more people want their ARPG’s to be deep and complex and don’t want oversimplified hand-holding.

The only QOL from D3 that was good were walking over gold to pick it up and a global stash.

I’m willing to bet that if D4 was made in the same way D3 was, it will die within a few months. I’m willing to also bet that if D2:LOD gets remastered PROPERLY with good bot/cheat detection then it will blow every ARPG currently released out of the water.

12 Likes

Don’t worry. If you can see the D4 demo, D4 took more features (keyed dungeon, 4 man party, affixes that resembled D3 items, legendary power, spell damage comes from the weapon you equipped) from D3 than D2.

The only few things that D4 took from D2 is the darker color of the gameplay and skill tree.

2 Likes

Eh, don’t even know what to say. Gonna leave it at that.

This is even worse. Casting a TP is a huge waste of time. Almost as if you prepare to take a po…

1 Like

Yes, this is pretty much what I want :slight_smile: Also a deeper skill system maybe? Something like wolcen/last epoch idk.

just say it. you want a mindless phone game.

7 Likes

Please no more :phone: :phone: :phone: :phone: make D4 the king of the hill for :desktop_computer: :desktop_computer: :desktop_computer: :desktop_computer:
Hopefully we will get some good news with the quarterly report. :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

1 Like

So you are saying you want a super easy game with no challenge. And if ya get one you want a easy answer to it when you encounter. It’s your opion but D3 had no skill tree, It has a lot of problems. D2 loot and crafting was spot on. And don’t even think of saying egnima I have play D since day 1 back in 95 I never made enigma cause I wasn’t lookin to speed run MF. there were way better runeword for dmg builds. but to each their own opinion. But not having a skill tree and or some challenge and respect at will with no costs is just stupid IMHO. You will have D3 still to play if you don’t like D4. Like we still play D2 20 years after release.

4 Likes

I think this is how they gonna make it: you can go through PVP zone and it will be the fastest way, a shortcut. However, you can skirt the place if you don’t want to risk.

if you like easy mode respecs, then please stick with D3.

6 Likes

What does Respec have to do with difficulty lmao. Its a matter of convenience. If you don’t like respecs don’t use them. You just want everyone else to have to suffer with you.

1 Like

Because its the job of a dev to give the players rules and limits and we are not supposed to make them for ourselves to feel at least a little challenge in this game
The game loses its authenticity when YOU have to change it so it is a good game in the end

5 Likes

They force you to think about your decisions. Obviously some such as yourself must find it difficult if it’s such an inconvenience.

11 Likes

Because it forces you to learn about the game and think about what you’re doing. This is the foundation of the franchise. This is what Diablo is all about. It teaches you that your actions have consequences.

This is the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever heard. You want the majority of the players that want depth in their game to suffer with you by putting on training wheels and handicap themselves along with you, when they can ride a bike normally just so you don’t feel alone while you’re proudly putting them on and don’t want to put in time to learn it.

You have to be trolling, there’s no way you’re serious.

9 Likes

We should also force everybody to play hardcore as well, so people need to think about their decisions!

An “inconvenience” is having to manually salvage every yellow and blue.

“You misclicked once, or leveled without your nose in a leveling guide and now your character is useless” is much more than “inconvenient”

And why would you encourage inconvenience? Just to reduce the gameplay quality?

FTFY

Mechanics that exist solely to punish new players for being new and reduce your ability to try different builds are not depth.

You’re literally expressing exactly what the “no respecs” crew is doing. Trying to force everyone to go along with their arbitrary handicap. You COULD just not use the respec system in place. But no, you have to force everyone else to go along with your stupid idea that just makes the game less fun for all casual players and even a number of more involved players.

YOU are the one trying to force your stupid playstyle on us. If we have the OPTION to Respec, you have a CHOICE not to use than option. If we DON’T have an option to Respec, then everyone who likes respecs is screwed.

3 Likes

everyone on this forum has already dropped their opinion about respecs and its
“respec at a high/low cost” vs. “always everywhere for free swap swap swap”
you can guess, which is better game design

5 Likes