Stop Scanning game files

Every time I start the game Blizzard Launcher is scanning my game files. Please stop. Thanks.

3 Likes

been doing the same thing here also

1 Like

It sounds like the Game Warden is working as intended.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me? But I’ve only noticed this once. I didn’t think it happened that often. Maybe I’m wrong and others have a different experience?

Isn’t that how it verifies that the game is up to date for the latest patch and the install has all the correct files?

I do see the game updating from time to time when I log on and it asks me to re-start battlenet screen, but yesterday was the first time it actually said it was scanning the game files.

3 Likes

There was an update to Bnet … its screwed until bliz gets it updated again… nothing new as of late with this bliz team…

The scanning game files issue is not specific to any one game. It is something that is happening with the Bnet app after a recent update. Lots of complaints about it across the various forums.

7 Likes

Don’t use your shortcuts. I stopped doing this and game/ptr runs ok from the Battlenet app itself.

Problem is my season chars are lost but it has my season progression the same…like…?

WUT??? :grimacing: :astonished:

Yea happened to me you need to reinstall the game

Corrupt/Broken windows registry can cause this.

Looks like I’ve sorted this out now. But it’s wiped my season chars and kept the progression 6/9. Got a mess’ saying plz update shortcuts, so my earlier post wasn’t far off. Anyway game shortcuts now appear to be fine and that scan crap has now gone.

:grimacing: laaaame!

Dunno, scanned once for me yesterday and about to boot up this morning so I guess I’ll find out. My buddy had some sort of difficulties with his and had to reinstall the game though.

Blizzard scanned my game files yesterday afternoon, this morning when I started the launcher it scanned my game files again! WTHeck?
Hopefully they haven’t broke anything. :crossed_fingers:
I really dislike Company’s or what have you, running a scan of any sort on my computer without asking permission first.

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed this ever on any game on Battle.net.

You should go read through the terms you agreed to without reading.

We have a mind reader in the crowd! LOL. If I you want to play the game you have to agree to their terms whether you like it or not, right?

Nether have I, but they run their scans, they broke some peoples games in the process and that is why I don’t like them running scans without permission and there isn’t anyway to get around that if you want to use their program whether you like it or not and that sucks big time!
:peace_symbol:

It was an issue with the game launcher impacting all the Blizzard games. It was not scanning your computer as a whole. It was checking the game files for version updates. One of the main jobs of the launcher is to keep your game files current so you can connect to the servers.

There are huge threads about this if you look. The issue is not the fact is scans to keep your games up to date, but that it would not stop it even after the files were updated.

Well, you did give them permission.

On the actual topic, they have made some changes to the Bnet app as of last night to correct it but for some that does not work. They recommended re-installing the app as a first step.

Then there is this suggestion by a user

It appears there can be some other files needing to be purged that can cause it to stick. The advice there is based on the person first having tried this support article. Blizzard Support - Battle.net App Stuck at Scanning

Read carefully though - normally you don’t delete the data files. The ones they specified were a tiny file size.

1 Like