Still haven't fixed the Instant Crashing problem

The file blz-log.txt in game directory contains logs:

8/21 04:46:08.746 [EntityContainer/4] [<>:0]: EntityContainer: Component type FootprintComponent invalid! Dropping component from entity entity_root in data/hd/character/player/barbarian.json
8/21 04:46:09.170 [Textures/4] [<>:0]: Failed to create texture data/hd/items/weapon/h2h/shadowkiller/weapon_shadowkiller_ALB.texture. This texture will not render.
8/21 04:46:09.170 [Textures/4] [<>:0]: Failed to create texture data/hd/items/weapon/h2h/shadowkiller/weapon_shadowkiller_mask.texture. This texture will not render.

etc.

Diablo 2 Reforged refunds are imminent…

2 Likes

prolly worried about more backlash from people. so they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: AffzBR - Crashing

@Drakuloth: “[…] integrated GPUs are not currently supported, which is why the OP can’t play.”

Note this statement is demonstrably untrue. The game starts without errors and is technically playable on my old Surface Pro 4 with an Intel Core i7-6650U and its Iris 540 graphics.

Admittedly game is effectively unplayable in modern mode at 3 fps (at native 2736x1824), but it is not blocked from running for having integrated graphics.

More importantly, once you have started the game and switch to legacy mode, it is eminently playable at 60 fps. One might say that is beside the point, but for many potential players that might be worth the price of entry.

Kotoko,

Not to get into an argument here, if you can find a way to get the game running - this is absolutely fine. The expectation however that we set by our system requirements is that we expect issues on certain configurations and don’t support them when they do occur. The system requirements help inform our scope of support for the product. There are plenty of games that we can finagle to launch and perform decently using non standard work arounds, it’s just that we don’t walk players through these because they don’t hit an acceptable level of performance and stability for the time being.

This is why I pointed the OP to the feedback system. If we change the requirements in the future, our scope of support widens, but for now, we will not provide any support for this issue as it not launching is an expected outcome for that hardware.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I see everything hinges on the different interpretations of the term “supported” :). I recognise that your interpretation of “a setup we will provide support for” is an important one, distinct from the interpretation “the game categorically does not work with” that seems to be doing the rounds on the forums.

Incidentally, to be very clear, I did not have to do any ‘finagling’ to get it to launch on the SP4 – open launcher, press install, press play, it worked.

Ok this is getting ridiculous been trying for 2 days yet not a damn thing has been done I’m getting a refund if I can’t play the beta blizzard has let me down for the last damn time

2 Likes

Just an FYI I have the integrated intel Iris xe graphics card. Rolling back my driver to the previous version allowed me to play the game with minimal issue (for now at least, a little more volatile than the previous beta for whatever reason)

1 Like

give me my damn money back then

According to other posters, they will issue refunds without too much issue. Posting in a random forum thread probably isn’t an effective way to initiate a refund procedure though.

Someone posted a refund link in another thread that might be what you are looking for: Instant Crash When Pressing Play - #378 by MissCheetah-1661

1 Like

Correct. Forums are not a means to request a refund from Billing. I did post the link to the Refund request with all the menu options filled out. So feel free to use that. Refunds are easy unless you bought the bundle with D3 and have been playing/leveling in D3 to “use” that content.

Windows 10 64 Bit
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
16GB of Ram
GTX 1070

So explain to me why it says I don’t meet system requirements? Very piss poor that you want people to stress test your games but when they try its an instant crash.

1 Like

What version are you running?

… Surely that is precisely one of the reasons for holding this large-scale beta test? To discover whether there are configurations that should work but unexpectedly do not? If you don’t want to be faced with potential crashes, don’t take part in a beta test ;).

1 Like

I am running intel’s top of the line integrated graphics processor.

Intel I7-1185G7 with Intel Iris Xe Graphics
32GB of Ram

This set up runs a very consistent 100 FPS at the 1920x1200 native resolution on Ultra Settings for Diablo 3. It just doesn’t make sense that the application won’t even launch for me to play the game. It’s one thing to have diminished performance and adjust settings accordingly, but to be completely locked out when the whole purpose of the pre-order was to have early access to the game is hugely disappointing; especially for a very capable graphics card.

I am also in the camp where I will be requesting a refund if I don’t even have the opportunity to play the game.

2 Likes

I have RTX 3 generation GPU on laptop with integrated. Global settings set to RTX. Crashes on load.

True remaster - Blizzard & Diablo style - Very true. I immediately feel like in 2012.

This blue posts are still bots? They don’t fix blue forum bots? Where gone forum layout and gem? Despite layout same blue mood story. And one more thing about good old days. Where is chat/forum bot Nevalistis? Where is chat/forum bot Wuluxar?

Cheetah is still. Volunteer with Shell Shock and Stockholm Syndrome combined. Great Ground Crew Bots Maintenance.

New replacement bot still telling lies about player rig. Still we have problem. No Blizzard. Still same bracket with requirement. Still logs.

Blizzard North. Logo. I have seen only this.

Please when they release Brevik. Put him in company again. 77 people is not much. Greater frags counts happened in USA. He is professional. He know about armor and weapons, fire spells, crafting also. He was a good developer. You need this kind of person. In company.

3100 Ocean Park Blvd, Santa Monica. On route. I have friends. Plan. Time. Short.

I moved in California. From… Nellis Area. That sound good. Recently.

Don’t try IP gimmicks, I don’t use VPN. I know that VPN uses retention data movements.

Have story in Army. Story of my life. Now feel like a can! Some old poor account buy in third-world routing on their world!

Time!

diablo II - resurrected crashes on startup. i looked into the minimum system requirements and i meet them easily. i also run WoW, warcraft III reforged, diablo III and overwatch with relative ease.

its down right dissapointing that you expect us to stress test a game that fails to even start. perhaps a launcher setting that allows us to launch the game in legacy mode from the start, might be a good approach to this problem.

1 Like

im beginning to think its on on the account side if you look at your games and subscriptions on battle net D2R has no active status listed for me and im well over the recommended

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
             System Model: MS-7C02
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/06/18 10:24:02 Ver: V1.30 (type: BIOS)
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor           (16 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
                Page File: 6653MB used, 12623MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, no HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode

checked again. yup, my rig more then meets the minimum reqs. had my pre-order refunded. yet another total disappointment from blizzard devs. seems you can’t even launch a beta that works. Ii expected more. now, i know better.

1 Like