Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader

No it shouldn’t. You get an email stating what you did and you are muted in game, not banned.
But after almost 30 days now, I don’t think they are working at it at all. If everyone had the issue, it was done within an hour

2 Likes

someone recently reported in the “Bug Report” section that they were able to play after serving their silence time. They may not fix this issue, but at least there’s light at the end of the tunnel. For you insanely long silence bans, hopefully they will come with a fix.

For some that is not an option and will miss out on 6-12 months of gameplay. They admitted it was a bug and it should get a fix. But after 30 days we still get nothing.

1 Like

what another day goes by and still no fix? who could have guessed…

I don’t think they do anything anymore.
We don’t hear anything. They could lift the mutes and mute us again and see if that fixed it.
Unless it’s an error for everyone, I don’t think anyone being muted should have any hope… 30 days and nothing

They are not doing what they need to do : bring info on the subject. Besides, while people made a mistake, the emails sent to those people described what actions were happening and that does not state, that you are not allowed to play the game. They even told that on this subject, that it is on their part.
If they were on a similar thing, they wouldn’t settle with no replies and no fix for a month.
Besides, getting a mute does not always mean you’ve done something wrong. If you get a group of people to report someone in game when they meet that person, the more reports the faster the mute kicks in.

2 Likes

Is it possible to get an update on this issue?

They are working on a fix as Blizzard blues have posted. Blizzard already stated that they will post when they have an update (see below).

1 Like

I will wait for a blue post to reply. If they don’t intend to fix this for muted players, then let us know.
Season 19 is coming.

On a sidenote, we need to have a block function back, so others can’t follow you around and reply, when they can’t provide with any info and just floods the thread.

At least the report system works.

Have you tried to unmute a player and mute them again to see if it somehow fixes the issue?
While people got muted for doing something they shouldn’t, it is still frustrating not to be able to play. This issue were spotted a bit over 5 months ago and would be nice if we could get a feedback?

3 Likes

I found a Reddit post about the same issue from 5 months ago. I get that “you shouldn’t get muted in the first place”. But a mute is different from a ban.

I kinda wish this issue was more broad, cause then it would prop gotten fixed by now.

1 Like

same issue imgur.xxx/a/zdV3oxU xxx=com

it’s a robbery that this didn’t get fixed before season 19 start. How can a manufacture ban you from playing their game Solo/Privately? If you want to ban people from multiplayer I can completely understand, but to ban them from Solo play?

2 Likes

This is srsly messed up. I mean. Yes. I accept the mute as punishment for my actions. It’s well deserved. But not beeing able to play the whole game. Thats just not acceptable. People who think “serves you right, cause you are/were toxic” - I say, YES and I got punished by beeing muted not only in one game but in all Blizzard IPs.

The bug has been known for at least 1 1/2 month if not longer. How can a company like Blizzard not fix a big issue like that in that amount of time.

This in general shows how little Blizzard actually cares about the Diablo Franchise.

3 Likes

I play WoW and I was silenced. Guess what?! I can still play WoW (with regular restrictions) but I can’t play Diablo3. I got this greyed out thing…
Will you FIX THIS please???

The EULA allows Blizzard to ban you totally for basically anything, but you go ahead and see what your lawyer says.

3 Likes

I have the exact same problem - they will do NOTHING. And my mute is until 5th of december

As usual - actiblizzard gives the finger to the people silly enough to buy their products , rather than looking for a solution from the competition (PoE for Diablo 3,even Lost Ark now that it is out in Russia, Paladins for Overwatch and so on).

It’s an issue on Blizzards end and I don’t have to worry about it anymore, I uninstalled everything blizzard especially app and will spend my money on games I can play without going through months of crap without a fix only excuses. Considering deleting the blizzard account, I went through 6.5 hours of the no game join and no party join until I was DONE.

2 Likes

We’ve been over this before, and it went completely over your head the first time. But, I’ll say it again. We all received emails stating our accounts HAVE BEEN SILENCED. NOT that they have been banned from play. Why wasnt I informed of the latter? I sincerely hope the player is serious about filing charges. I LEGALLY OWN THE GAME. How can someone just take it from me, that is not theirs, without consequence? That’s called theft. When you take some thing that doesn’t belong to you, that’s called stealing. We all learned this concept in kindergarten.

1 Like