Squirts Necklace is a little "too" unforgiving in it's current state

No one mentioned a shield but a defensive buff…

Only optimized approach to really wear that amulet is cubing Yang’s and dual wielding Dawn with Ballista (with Gizzard at jewelry), but that means you’re giving away cost reduction and have to rely on Cindercoat with RoRG cubed. That doesn’t sound like a competitive setup.

You have to align its cycle with your cooldowns or at least resource usage for a dump. That’s its drawback; a motor-skill reflex requirement. It doesn’t have an up time of 100% or on-demand like other jewelry Sets.

Anyone remember when they did not let us use Furnace? Not DH item.
Can’t use Executioner Axe.
Can’t use Messerschmidt’s Reaver.

While there are no other options that give us similar utility.

grabs popcorn

rocks chair, awaiting for evidence to claims

drops a kernel, yells “jordan” while shooting it at the trash can.

Misses horribly

Cries

Sits back down awaiting for evidence

3 Likes

DiE,

If I were you, I’d add an edit to the opening post, because the counter argument to your proposal appears to be. “The DH isn’t supposed to use and thus there’s nothing wrong with it.”

If that’s the case, then Blizzard should limit the item to the classes that are “supposed” to use. Class Specific in other words.

Then we can go back to be the worse class with nothing to complain about.

Damn I first liked but then disliked… It got to be “Kobe”.

Same argument can be made for many items, they mostly deemed uneffective for the job. For example I like Sash of Knives with N6 Strafe but no way it’s a competitive item compared to Hellcat’s Waistguard. Sash of Knives is an all class item but I don’t remember any proper build utilizing it; only meant for low dps channeling skills (some niché LoD/N builds) and still have a bad performance. While class only Hellcat just surpasses it area damage wise and that’s what matters in clearing Greater Rifts.

What you’re debating here can be pretty much seen as the example of multitudes of the general game design. If you think UE DH needs a buff (which I think it does) say so.

UE DH NEEDS A BUFF!!!

Pronto.

2 Likes

Thats another thing as well. People pushing Gr120+ aren’t dumping all of their hatred…Aside when their respective CoE cycle is up. They’re constantly alternating Multishot and Evasive Fire to keep their hatred near full…Just another example of what most UE people don’t do when attempt to push. Most will dump all their hatred firing Multishot and then kite back and sit in 1 place firing Evasive Shot for a couple seconds. Most people are sitting ducks.

The argument for Squirts is that the item still isn’t rewarding enough for even the few that properly know how to push as UE. There is avoidable dmg. And using whatever shields available to the build isn’t enough because in return we have to drop a damage gem to do it. Or drop Dawn which in turn would require us to stack more CDR to try to gain 100% uptime on Vengeance, which in turn lowers our dmg and/or dmg reduction from forcing us to replace essential stats.

I still argue that maybe Hellfire Amulet is possibly still a better option but there still isn’t a passive rune that gives the potential that Squirts offers in dmg.

Ok, so I’ve read all your comments about how squirts is working as intended and you are debating against everybody saying that a little tweak on the amulet would be that bad. Then you mention Sash of Knifes that back on the first seasons of RoS was actually a great item that “Blizz” trashed because of power creep. Same happened to the Harrington Waistguard when they removed clicklables from Gr’s same happened for the Crashing rain that had its time to shine back on previous seasons as well as many other items.
But right now we’re not actually aiming the discussion about 1 item, this 1 item could actually be saving a whole set from being forgotten and left out as I just proved to you that happened with those items. And I believe you are smart enough to know that for next PTR patch there will be a significant change to make the new set viable and probably will outshine other sets with a lot of potential which is exactly what is on discussion here.
Honestly it’s a shame that the new Barbarian set for i.e. didn’t shine well this season that was definitely a dev’s mistake because players crave diversity on viable builds to play and yet they end up one more time with the spin to win build but hey we can do it higher now how cool is that?

But it just did in the form of Hungering Arrow. =)

If devs weren’t tired they wouldn’t shove every new set with straight 10000%-20000% damage and get it out of the door as soon as possible. I think they are finally tasting burnt out from testing their own game that players suffered for years. I mean, who wouldn’t? Game designed to wear you out over time.

UE MS DH NEEDS A BUFF!!!

Pronto

LOL

I know right? I felt it was still “too soon” to mention him. R.I.P Kobe.

Yes, but what does that have to do with this thread? You act like me making this thread is preventing other items from being looked at or something. I’m not stopping anyone from making suggestions to other things, go make a thread and list them, I’ll support it. No reason to expect this thread to be about something it’s not.

All feedback doesn’t have to be “generalized” feedback.

Blizzard isn’t going to make the core game play changes necessary. I chose to focus on an item in which a lot of top players feel is too unforgiving. I have no idea how all of these other interpretations happened, but I’m sure I was clear on the intent in my OP.

One of the best players to ever play this game, was only able to achieve a 16.7% up-time at max stacks on squirts. That is FAR less than 50% of value for the amulet, and then you’re punished again for reaching max stacks. These are facts.

The only reason why you still see this amulet used in high GR’s on current live is because all of our other amulets are trash except FoT, not because it’s a god-tier amulet.

1 Like

Yeah but guess what? Who brought this to them? We’re the voice behind the testing part as we always have been. They are the ones that always refused to listen. Because if they did and they took in count all the testing done by great players on each specific class the final game wouldn’t be designed to wear anyone out over time. You’d always have tons of viable ways to play that would be fun.
But again, they are the ones, that brought that to themselves. Just like the “Is this an out season April’s fool joke?” “Don’t you have a cellphone? LOL”
That right there shook their bases to the ground, cause that was the real deal, when you’re slapping players… that for years tried to be heard and then, all of sudden after many years, they were forgotten again.

This debate took off. Gone from what I thought was a civilised discussion about redesigning the necklace to arguing minutiae about leaderboards and now it’s Blizzard’s fault for not listening.

Well done, D3 forums. You never disappoint. :wink:

Ok, 80-100% Gold Find.

It’s still quite a bit considering that most Amulets don’t even roll with any Gold Find. I think that they cap as well?

And there are other builds besides UE DH. Keep in mind that with speed-farming, you’ll generally take a hit to your damage output to equip either Sages or Cains if you want DBs or Keys, and Squirts greatly helps to close the gap between a full push build and a mats farming build.