Squirts Necklace is a little "too" unforgiving in it's current state

Stone Gauntlets? May be? People have been using it with invigorating gem. I don’t think I need to provide a video for that. Guess web have quite a few videos on it.

I wrote the guide on using squirts with shields for DH.

From someone who actually pushed with gizzard, it simply does not do well in current seasons (needing to slot CoE over gunes) nor PTR. The reasons why this unfortunately falls short is because CC3 and yangs is no longer a thing, which was huge in helping mitigate damage on the gizzard shield.

We are now squishier than before, and climbing higher than before, meaning higher incoming damage to the shield. I even tried doing a 128 with both fortress ballista and gizzard, properly geared for and even the dual shield was not enough. It’s actually in one of my stream videos, people watched it not work.

If you removed the 50% damage taken for being at maxed buff, then shields “might” be an option to explore again. As of right now, that’s simply not the case.

You need to get hit… First hit and you are dead. Not going to help on DH.

So it is easy to give me 1 video of DH playing with it successfully. While he is missing something like Cain set because he can’t use set gloves.

Reread the opening post again, please.

No one has asked that the “backdraw” be removed. We’re asking that it be lessened, not removed.

I don’t know where you folks got the impression that somewhere in the opening post the DH’s are asking for a 100% damage bonus at all times.

(Though even if we had, it wouldn’t be any less than other classes receive with losing far less in terms of items, gems, whatever else.)

2 Likes

One, why are you insisting to use it on Demon Hunter. Two, doesn’t absorbs from Ballista help? You can get hit when absorb shields are up.

You’re claiming item is imbalanced just because you can’t utilize it on one class?

What exactly do the OP talk about?

Because I play demon hunter WTF?

So we should use Balista instead of Dawn right? Or Instead of Death mans legacy? Or ? Instead of what?

Nobody said that. You can dual wield too, you know? If you can’t dual wield then that means you are not up to use that necklace and that’s fine. Your fashion sense has nothing to do with game balance.

Yes Exactly the only one item that gives 100% damage buff can’t be used on DH class.

Giving DH passive that gives us shield would help.

Ok go dual wield this. Yang on self ( a must have for UE) + Dead Mans Legacy on self because you can’t use 1h Xbow and 2H Bow at same time. And in cube Dawn. Where I use Balista?

That instead of taking 50% damage at the peak of the Squirt’s buff and losing all of it’s damage bonus to boot.

That the first part remain the same but that instead of 10 stack it be shortened to 5 and the damage per stack be 20% instead of 10%.

It will allow quicker re-boot if we do get hit, which we will. Making it more forgiving than having to wait 12 seconds and hope that we don’t get hit again in the meantime, because we don’t have the same mitigation as in shields that other classes have.

Why are you using that necklace when you can use F/R and get more damage bonus? 1.5*1.5 = 2.25 > 2.0. Because you want to use it just because? Is it your fashion sense or your claims about game balance is… somewhat… icky?

Because F&R are rings and not amulets.

1 Like

Endless Walk gives you same bonus. No item in that game designed to give you anything free without pairing it up or a backdraw. It’s easy to grasp.

It does not. You need to vault around. And stay away from monsters to keep UE set bonus up.

Why are you using EW or that necklace instead of F/R again? Your spec doesn’t have enough space to experiment. That’s easy to see.

I don’t. But it would be nice if I could. Like some other classes can. Why some other classes can use this item and DH can’t?

Then do it and bear the consequences because item is just fine and designed for other classes. Because not many specs can abuse F/R like DH anyway. Take it as that. Removing the only backdraw can’t be a solution to it.

It is not about item. Whole freaking game is designed for other classes.

No it doesn’t. Because with EW, you get a damage boost and if you’re not using the damage boost, then you get a defense boost. There’s no “drawback” to EW because it gets bonus no matter what you do. You move, you get defense, you stop, you get damage.

Squirt’s is you get damage and nothing else, until you get hit and you lose it all in addition to taking more damage.

Tell me again how they’re the same?