Speed Build Question

I’m trying to find a speed build for this season because I feel so slow with bone spear compared to my wife’s Valor Sader. I’ve been toying with LOD Mages which seems to work great and is much quicker but I have a question. Why are guides suggesting Life Support instead of singularity?

I was finding myself draining my life quickly whereas devour keeps you at full mana so can cast singularities every pack. Is it just to have the mage swarm last longer? Or is there a different benefit I’m missing?

Because the Razeth’s Volition shoulders give you the Singularity rune, so you might as well pick a different rune to get the benefits from that rune too. If you don’t have the shoulders, you’re probably better off just running the Singularity rune. Once you get the shoulders, you can swap to a different rune.

That makes sense! I had missed that on the shoulders, thanks!

Why not just make the Bone Spear Speed version? One with RoRG and Stuart Greaves?

It makes T16 and GR speed meta insanely fast.

For me, i am usually using 2 of these 3 movement speed layers:

1. Steaurts Greaves (boots) + Bloodrush. I usually pick the rune with the dual charges. And the greaves usually go in the cube.

2. Cold spells + lost time (phylactery).

3. The passive “fueled by death” + devour. Usually i am picking the aura rune and i just walk over the corpses that are left behind.

You don’t need to use all 3, that’s kind of an overkill. And of course you might want to focus on defence too if you think you are getting killed really often, so i would skip the 3rd and go with the first two. Even just the steaurt greaves is usually fast enough for most cases.

This season i am using the new set (masquerade bone spears). It’s the typical setup you can find in most guides but i ve changed some things. I am using 5 pieces instead of 6, Steaurt’s Greaves, and i have cubed Frostburns in the armor slot. Obviously one of my rings is RoRG. Phylactery, as i mentioned earlier, is Lost Time. For both my bone spear and bone armor i am using the cold rune. Bone armor (Harvest of anguish) provides additional movement speed. Frailty and Devour are set to Aura rune so i don’t ever need to worry about pressing them. It’s really lazy and stupid fast, i am farming GR100s in 3 minutes and my gear is far from optimized. The gameplay is something like this: i am flying over the map at godly speed and i throw spears that one-shot everything that exists. Passives are somewhat typical: overwhelming essence (pairs with Reilena Shadowhook), Stand alone (great for toughness and it will become more valuable once i start finding gear with armor on them), Serration (mostly for damage), Dark reaping (for never having to worry about my essence and also good for life sustain). For bounties or normal rifts i am using just the same setup but i replace stand alone with Fueled by Death. Toughness is not an issue with this build on Torment 16, so why not be even faster?

you can also use devour and numberlock using the rune Voracious. With a full 50 stacks you can have up to 100% reduce essence usage.

Voracious max stack is 25 stacks.

I find that the bone lance Inarius build works pretty well. Try to incorporate Steuart’s and Nemesis for speed.

I’m using 5 piece + RoRG cubed and Nems with speed coming from #2 and #3 with BotP used instead of BotS…also devour instead of generator as I can take down RG in one cycle of spamming spears.

GR120 in 2-3 mins easy solo.

What paragon are you at to be running GR120 in 2 minutes?

P1800…2-3 mins depending on maps/mobs/RG etc…LGs at the 135’s and augs at 130…

1 Like

You mind posting a link to your D3Planner? I’d love to see exactly how you’re set up. I’ve been digging the Ice Spear variant for speeds but still tinkering with slightly different setups as I see what other people are using.

Yeah, I don’t play enough to have a character that can farm past GR85. I typically hit 600-800 paragon points in a season when I play a season.

I might go further this time… it’d be interesting to see if I can get to 1000. If I can solo a GR90, I’d consider that a huge accomplishment.

My savages barb is in the low 80’s now, and can farm regular rifts on T16 fairly quickly (5 min or so, but I still loot.)

My necromancer is still on TXIII/GR60’ish, but he is an alt this time around.

Here is my no generator build using devour on numberlock, if you run it correct you won’t run out of essence, if you do, just let yourself die and continue.
Under 90 rift 2-3 mins, higher.

maxroll.gg/d3planner/292888440

Now changing the bone spear runes can help with different types of runs.
Teeth for bounties, Crystal for more speed, shatter for higher rifts seems to work for me, but you can use what suits you.

1 Like

Will do…

1 Like

Here is the build I use for speed GR120’s in 2-3 mins…

300 Paragons into VIT makes it more comfortable…the two auras mean you kill on 15% life and devour corpses for essence thus I never run out and can kill the RG before it empties.

Standard stuff bar wearing the Crimsons for more damage and Dark Reaping passive for essence management.

Paragon 2100 and Legendary Gems at 135 rank.

I used to run Greaves for Movement Speed but the buff from cold skills via Lost Time is enough speed for a GR120 to run to packs or the next Elite and kill.

1 Like

Blood Rush-Molting in combination with Devor-Voracious works perfect.
Once you rush within 5s you ll never loose the Devor Stacks, even without killing stuff.
Additionally there s no need for dark reaping.

1 Like

I’ve been running Devour/Voracious with Blood Rush/Metabolism, but I might have to give Molting a shot instead - losing stacks can be problematic in rifts with poor mob density, so the ability to drop my own corpse is appealing.

May I ask why you use ruby gems on your chest and pants? diamond is better according d3planner.

Mitigation from main stats are as follows…

1. 1 Strength = 1 Armour
  2. 1 Dexterity = 1 Armour
  3. 10 Intelligence = 1 Resist All

The Strength-based heroes (Barb, Crusader) and Dexterity-based heroes (Demon Hunter, Monk) naturally have high Armour values, as they inherit this from their main stat. That’s why they take Diamonds in their chest / legs, to provide Resist All, a mitigation stat they’re naturally low on.

The Intelligence-based heroes (Necromancer, Witch Doctor, Wizard) naturally have high Resist All values, as they inherit this from their main stat. That’s why they sometimes take rubies and/or emeralds in their chest / legs, to provide Armour, a mitigation stat they’re naturally low on.

1 Like