Soul Shards Augments

Is it correct that an Ancient item plus 3 Flawless Royal gems plus a rank 3 Soul Shard will give a 125 augment in the Caldesann’s cube recipe?

And would this count towards the season Conquerer quest ‘Power Amplification’ which requires a gem lvl 50 augment?

Soul shards can be used instead of the legendary gem in the Caldesann’s Despair recipe to add augments to equipment…

• Rank 0 Soul Shard = Equivalent of Rank 50 legendary gem (250 stat augment)
  • Rank 1 Soul Shard = Equivalent of Rank 75 legendary gem (375 stat augment)
  • Rank 2 Soul Shard = Equivalent of Rank 100 legendary gem (500 stat augment)
  • Rank 3 Soul Shard = Equivalent of Rank 125 legendary gem (625 stat augment)

I don’t know if an augment done this way will count towards the journey task for doing a rank 50 caldesann’s, but it seems like it should. (I haven’t done an augment yet on my seasonal hero).

1 Like

…and I thought you knew everything!!!

Just joking. Thanks for your help.

using soul shard worked for journey on PTR, cannot say for sure it will work on live tho…yet.

1 Like

I didn’t want to say for sure until I’d actually tested it but here you go…

5 Likes

Yeah just got it to work. thanks for your help.

1 Like

Had any issues with trying multiple level 3 shards in gear? Can only get 2 to work. 3rd won’t seem to augment.

I’ve got 9 lvl 3 augments, 125’s, no problem. Are you sure you’ve got the right lvl gems?

Yeah was using 3 flawless royal emeralds. Kept saying failed. :-1:. Thanks for the info. I’ll keep trying.

Strange. As long as you had an ancient item it should work. Did you just put them in the cube or did you go to the Caldesan’s menu, the last one on the list?

Can you explain how to augment a hellfire amulet? P.S. i’ve already seen one posted in game! But cant seem to figure out how they did it.

As long as the HF amulet is Ancient, you augment it in the usual way.
I have never tried but I would think that it is no different than any other Ancient piece.

Correct. Process is identical. Requirement is merely it being Ancient which can be annoying to get and may take several Key (not rift keys) farms.

Yes, getting Ancient Hellfire Ammy’s with decent rolls can be difficult. Same with many items which have a legendary property, but you need a good roll too.