So, we're just giving up, then?

I mean, I know we’re all pretty dejected, but are we just giving up because they didn’t change anything at the last minute?

If we are, I’m cool with it. I’m not going to push you guys into some effort that you folks is a waste of time. But I thought we could do more with that thread in GD. There is season 21 to think about, after all.

But that we got no change whatsoever in the patch is disappointing. I don’t want to make it out that I’m not as disappointed as anyone else.

So, are we giving up or will we keep at that thread?

Just wondering.

And again, thank you all for participating. It was awesome to feel united with you folks. In all honest that was the best part of the thread.

So thanks again.

Everyone knows DH is dead last. Blizzard also knows. If they already know and don’t want to do anything about it there is really nothing we can do.

Raxxanterax explained it really well. It was collective effort of his community on Twitch chat. Make sure to check him out. He is always relevant and knows what he is talking about.

By now, new sets for DH have been conceptualized by the devs and are in the art and engineering stage. So feedback on what new sets we might be interested in is a bit late. Plus… we have given plenty of feedback over the past several seasons.

There might be a chance at getting current sets/gear buffs that the devs have not yet thought of, but that is also a slim chance as we have been mentioning areas where the current DH gear needs improvement for (what seems like) ever.

If you want to look for DH posts that came out around the last 5 or 6 PTR’s, you can come up with a nice compilation of what we have already requested.

So yeah… kinda tired of beating the same dead horse over and over again.

1 Like

Okay, then.

Sorry, guys. Really sorry I got some hopes up for nothing.

As far as dredging up stuff, I wouldn’t know how to do that. I admit though, that I haven’t been on the DH boards for long, so I apologize for making you guys re-post a lot of stuff you’ve already been through.

My mistake. Sincerely.

1 Like

Don’t take it personal Idolis, your posts generated a lot of interest and a lot of great ideas were discussed. The fact that these posts, along with what has been written in the past generated zero action from the Devs isn’t due to a lack of trying on our part.

Next patch we’ll get our new sets and maybe a couple nice buffs. We’ll just have to wait and see which direction they are taking our class.

3 Likes

DH’s will definitely get some loving next patch for season 21. Sure it won’t be for three months and it sucks. But we have to remember that D3 is in the hands of the classic team and they no doubt have a lot on their plate.

That means that just because there isn’t anything in this patch for DHs doesn’t mean it is time to abandon the class that you love.

Take a look at the new sets that they have made. Remember the sorry state that they started with. Just think of having all seven class sets along with support items. I think if they tried that then we would’ve wound up worse than with an extra decent set for the classes that have them right now.

I don’t think we should give up, and I don’t think that we are. Or is this (partially) about my uber-sarcastic posting in the Last Minute Buff thread? This is just my grim sense of humor in situations like this. We asked for a last minute buff, and we got In-Geom - well, that helps a lot. Not.

I believe that there is some great valuable feedback in the GD thread. We haven’t done a lot of number crunching for a new set, but we evaluated some possible themes for such a set, which skills should be included, and whether some specific skills (like Spike Traps) need a general rework.

I think it’s their turn now. I also hope that they have already done some work on the DH internally, and that they are playing with some nice ideas already, but they’re not ready for launch right now.

2 Likes

No, I wasn’t singling you out, I was just talking about the general tone of the boards, not anything you wrote specifically. In fact, I found your post about In-goem to be really funny.

At any rate, perhaps I took the letdown everyone felt personally. I did kind of think it was my fault. Seeing as how I started a thread that was about enacting change to our class and nothing came out of it yet.

I agree that there’s ton of good stuff there and maybe the devs will use it. I hope at least they take most of it into account anyway.

Thanks, Hebalon.

2 Likes

In germany, we have a saying “Gut Ding will Weile haben.” Deepl dot com translates this into “Good things come to those who wait.” It’s not a word-by-word translation, so I think it’s the corresponding proverb in english.

We DHs do have some issues, but these can’t be fixed on a very short term. Yes, we have been asking for changes for quite some time now. But we got a reply, that we will get something new (just as every other class as well), and so there is a good chance that it will happen in the next patch. With Crimson, we also recently got a very nice buff to UE, so it’s not like we got nothing in the past.

We have been persistently talked about buffing the DH, we gave some valuable feedback (at least I think so), now it’s time to wait what the next patch will bring. (But of course that doesn’t mean that we need to stop posting now. :wink: )

No, it is not, not at all. And please don’t think about it like that.

If I read it correctly, you wrote somewhere about some private issues. I can’t help you with that. But please don’t put Diablo 3 or the performance of the DH (or the DH community) on top of that. It’s not worth it.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks, Hebalon.

You’re advice is well received. Thanks, again.

As I think I mentioned in another thread, it is not in my nature to give up. But in spite of all our efforts, the devs have been stubborn and refused to listen to us for this season. Their only argument was ‘‘we cannot give you something every season/patch’’. It feels particularly unfair given that they did fulfill the wishes of the whirlwind barb fans in the previous patch (before granting them a new set this season), and that the DHs have gotten nothing for many seasons and patches. But there is nothing we can do at this point, besides waiting for S21 which should give us at least a new set. Let us hope (and request) that this set be strong enough to put us back in line with the other classes, and who knows with even a place in the meta (one can still dream). In the mean time S20 will be a short season for me as I hate rat runs so I only plan on doing the season journey.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll probably just do the journey too. I might do it on three regions, then it will be back to non-season sporadically as I treated this season.

1:46 please…

2 Likes

idolis, you didn’t let anyone down. Don’t take it personally. Granted, I want different things for the DH than you (and others do), but I know that what I want won’t happen. Your wants are more realistic than mine, but that just frustrates the hell out of me and I’m the kind of guy if I can’t get what I want, then I lose all interest. That’s no reflection you, or your thread, or the content in the thread.

1 Like

I feel that “lose all interest” vibe. It’s why I only play PTR.

Here’s hoping the next one has some goodies that make D3 fun for me again.

1 Like

What happened was to be expected. They already said they weren’t touching DH’s this patch and nearly everything we wanted to say has been mentioned on that GD thread as well as a few here.

It’s not a matter of giving up, but rather what else are we suppose to do? I see no reason for the GD thread not to continue, but mask the expectations.

2 Likes

It would have been very easy to buff UE and S6 for s20 to at least make us a bit more competitive, prior to the fixes for s21. I personally suspect that we won’t even get anything for s21, but necros will get the treatment (even though they have like 5 builds in the meta, decent speed build etc). OK, necro solo sucks now (but still ahead of DHs which says a lot!), but necro was OP for solo runs 3 or 4 seasons after it was introduced. DHs haven’t been OP for solo runs since day dot.