So, uh, what am I doing wrong with Zolton Kulle?

Your reply was true but miles away from the right answer to the guy’s question
Sure ZK is a 2tap in master with a lvl1 char with a 100% upgrade in damage due to the follower weapon

What does it have to do with a lvl 67 char in torment 1 ?

Litteral trash talk

2 Likes

Yes, I pointed that out in my earlier reply. L1 ZK with (not crafted, but stolen from followers) items is quite a bit different than L67 ZK where your weapons are all L61 base (they may say higher level, but their stats are based on a L61 prototype).

1 Like

This is part of the new mechanics perma affix without cool down! Elites have perma teleport, molten and all affixes and Over 200 project artifacts in 1 screen. That’s what developers have always wanted to impose, unavoidable damage.
Junk decision but is Blizzard is normal in this company.

Of course I could open the menu, select the “I win” button, and move on.

Maybe I want to know if I have to do that, or if there’s something I’m missing? I like the idea of a challenge, so pushing the “I win” button should be by necessity only.

What I was really wondering was if there was something added to the Kulle fight since the last time I played Diablo 3. Apparently there is some enrage mode at about the time mark I’m dying, and that might explain it, especially if it was amplified recently.

I don’t think I’m usually doing more than Master or Expert by the time I hit L67 at a season start unless I managed to get really lucky on items or managed to craft a reduced level L70 weapon.

1 Like

Nothing has been added to any bosses in the game since the last time you played.
Good luck and have fun.

2 Likes

You are absolutely hitting an enrage timer. And you are doing it because L67 is just a sad territory in the standard level progression and you are trying to push through it on Torment 1. Dropping below T1 is not an “I win” button, the progression wasn’t tuned for T1 with just relying on standard luck of the drops at L67.

2 Likes

The Barb is the 2nd to last character I have to clear in normal play, so I have some decent legendaries set aside, and got some good drops. I noticed I was one-shotting everything in Act 1, and remembered the difficulty menu, set it to Torment 1, and gained 60 levels in 6 hours.

I’m not a huge fan of Diablo 3, and probably have more time in Diablo, and definitely more time in 2. But I picked it back up on a lark and wanted to see it through.

Also, if you just farm regular mobs instead of bosses then you should still be able to soldier through at L67 on T1. It’s the combination of Boss+T1+L67+standard progression that is hanging you up…

1 Like

Is exactly what I needed. Thanks.

1 Like

Not trash talk at all. Since the OP is under level 70 (like I suggested in my original response), then the OP is undergeared for that difficulty or using the wrong setup. They should be in all crafted rare level 61 gear at this point. One additional trick would be to upgrade their blacksmith to max level and craft a level 70 two handed weapon with a % to stun or other CC effect as a secondary. Then you can roll the other secondary property to try for reduced level (you don’t need much to get a level 67 character to equip a level 70). That level 70 weapon should easily allow you to crush anything on Torment 1.

I’m not playing a seasonal character, so your comments about instakilling Kulle were worse than useless and completely misleading. You also failed to understand how the sub-70 level and difficultly progression system work so your advice, such as it was, was generic and unhelpful (I’ve reached Act 2 in SP on Torment 1, obviously I’m pushing the difficulty ceiling intentionally.) But even though literally everything you said had no application to my situation, you still managed to work in a snide and condescending tone.

tl;dr for you: Per the people who actually paid attention to the question, Kulle has a timer where he’ll kill you very quickly if you try to attrit him long enough. Because of my progression I’m in a position where I cannot bring enough damage to kill him quickly enough, so it’s necessary to lower the difficulty, something I’m only willing to do when no other option (save grinding higher levels) is available.

Do you know that there is litterally no difference in stats between normal and season?
the only changing thing is the seasonal theme… which this seaso, does not change your stats or anything.

But man, continue… you obviously know everything :slight_smile:

Aside from grabbing a high-value weapon from a follower to get much higher damage, and also fighting Kulle with a clvl of 1 and at a much lower difficulty, you’re right. Aside from everything important, nothing is different.

??? what the f are u sayin?
in season u can fight every boss, at every level, whenever u want, at every difficulty u want…

idk if u’re a some low IQ guy… or if u just have no clue about this game…
seriously what am i reading?

I hate him with the burning fury of 1000 white hot suns.

1 Like

I don’t know what part of any of my response was “snide and condescending”. I stated that you were likely under level 70 (true). I stated that you were likely undegeared for that encounter and difficulty level (true by your own admission since you said you don’t have enough damage to beat him before the enrage timer). Since your original post said nothing about season or non season (or level), I pointed out that ZK is routinely killed by naked level 1 toons for season start (which you didn’t believe). My last post suggested a trick common to seasonal play (the one that we seasonal players routinely encounter the “Sub level 70 progression system”). I’m sorry if you took my comment as an insult, it was not meant that way at all. The difficulty scaling from level 1 to level 67 is significant but so is the fact that a naked level 1 character with a level 1 weapon from the follower can beat him easily. A level 67 character fully geared in level 61 rares has significantly more power in Torment 1 than a naked level 1 on Master.

1 Like

Do you not know that Kulle, like all of the other enemies in the game, scales with clvl? Yes, a 67 character has more absolute power than a level 1 character, but a level 1 character has more relative power on a clvl 1 Zolton Kulle than a 67 char on clvl 67 Kulle, especially at a higher difficulty. That relative power is heightened by exploiting the status of Adventure mode. But none of that helps with someone in the campaign, and “You can instakill Kulle at level 1” doesn’t help someone at 67.

You’re lvl 67, playing on T1 with underpowered gear. THAT’S what you are doing wrong. Lower the difficulty, kill him, then move on. Or wait until you hit lvl 70 and get better gear. It’s not rocket science.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve settled on lowering the difficulty, on account of the enrage timer. I was hopeful there was something else going on, but if it’s just an enrage timer I’ll have to.