So sick of burning through materials

…to get a Multishot bonus on a Multishot set.

Shouldn’t that set want to roll Multishot?

2 Likes

I’ve done around 400 reforges on Flavor of Time amulets on my seasonal Barb and I’ve still not managed to get an ancient one that’s better than the standard legendary she’s wearing.

In the time I’ve spent on the bounties to get the reforging materials I’ve had half a dozen primal amulets of other types. I’ve got a rank 120 gem sitting there waiting to Caldesann it if it happens though.

2 Likes

So, does that seem to you bad luck, or did Blizzard futz with the weighting to make you play?

Not at all, it’s just that FoT has two fixed affixes (CDR and Movespeed) and four others picked from a large pool of available affixes. Getting one with Main Stat / CHC / CHD / Socket or Element / CHC / CHD / Socket, or some combination that would allow re-rolling into that, alongside being ancient or primal is such a tiny percentage that I’m wholly unsurprised at not having one yet.

Heck, non-seasonal, I crafted 480 rare amulets, then used the cube’s “upgrade rare to legendary” recipe in an attempt to get a decent FoT to replace my non-seasonal WW/Rend Barb’s Hellfire Amulet. Got plenty of FoTs, some ancient, all terrible. That burned through well over 10K DBs. Then I tried reforging and burned through thousands of FS. Still didn’t end up with anything decent.

The non-ancient I’ve got is still pretty tasty though…
686 STR
9.5% CHC
96% CHD
8% CDR
Socket

I’m so jealous

$-+__&+?!'_

Yeah, if we could make jewellery special, it would be great.

• Always roll with socket (not all of them do)
  • Remove affixes such as: Armor, Life regeneration, Life%, etc. from all jewellery.
  • Shorten the Critical Damage range on amulets from 51-100 to 75-100.

Back on topic: yes please, some rolls do not make sense. Why does Discipline not have more weight when rolling as a secondary stat on Yang’s or DML? The number of ancient and primal DMLs I have salvaged because of this, is unreal.

Also, getting a properly rolled Holy Point Shot is like winning the lottery. No crit chance? Really? The only worse omission than this, is some pants and chests that still roll with 1 or no socket at all. Come on.

5 Likes

Support Monks / Barbs might argue against that one…

Wow bro you have way toooo much time on your hands.

Im in the “Saga of the Eternal Reforge” on FoT too… I feel your pain bro.

2 Likes

I definitely agree that sockets should be auto-rolls on jewelry since they added the legendary gems. Using them gives so much power, it is not a viable option to choose a 4th primary stat over the socket in any case, ever.

The Crit Dmg range is something I’m sympathetic to as well, but on anything with a stupidly wide range. Crashing Rain comes to mind. 3000-4000% really?

And yes, certain build-critical items (Blizz clearly designed them that way) should have the key affixes to do their job. Yang’s, DML, and even the UE chest have to roll +Discipline or they’re unusable because of the loss of power. They’ve simply made the multiplier so large it literally trumps any other stat on the item. By the time you’ve got +10 or +11 on your stuff, you could throw away even an ancient +9 because it’s too much of a power loss.

All jewerly should roll with a socket inherently. It’s already hard enough to get good rolls even with inherent socket. Jus have a look at HF ammy as an example.

At this point in the season, I’ve done a GR125 solo, so I doubt I’ll be able to push it much higher than that. The 12 slots of my gear that are ancient / primal already have 600 STR augments on. I have some rank 120 gems ready and waiting for if an upgrade, such as an ancient FoT, happens. So, effectively, that’s the only slot I can really markedly improve, so I’m targeting it by running bounties now.

i’ve 2 keys near each other;
i push multishot, then the resource button;
-not ideal, but it works for me.

Stone’s referring to the UE set items, which can have primary attributes of bonus Multishot damage, but that don’t come with that guaranteed. As an example, take a look at the Hell Walkers on my Multishot DH. Of course, what he’s forgotten is that the UE set can also be used for Grenades, not just Multishot, in which case Multishot damage on those slots isn’t just non-desirable, it’d be detrimental.

I was talking with Stone the other night. He was Jelly of my non-ancient helm that fell with the right stats for an MS build. lol

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/DTMAce-1687/hero/10562626

I’m still looking for a few better pieces, but have been to high 80s… Could probably clear a GR90+ right now if I fished. No augments, only 2 gem slots, and only a few ancients. Not nearly optimized right now. Been running GR80s for gem leveling the past few days.

I wish the amount of forgotten souls needed for a reforge was cut down to 30.
"50 Forgotten Souls is TOO DAMN HIGH!"

1 Like

I guess you want something like this? … aside from the rude secondary.
https://imgur.com/a/re9R2rN

It’s a conspiracy to keep you playing

I despise spending the day farming mats to roll some gear, then watching it all go up in smoke, trying to get stat X for 75 rolls and never seeing it come up. I’ll admit I go over board, either OCD or frustration grab the hamster :hamster: in my head and force the poor bugger to run harder on the wheel and keep me rolling in the face of impossible odds until the stores for war are tapped.
All that having been said, should it be possible to roll a ring let’s say 75 times and not get 45% or better CHD or what ever? Oh and the best is when you’re rolling for say area on ring X and nothing but perfect chc and chd comes up every time but never any area rolls. Then you need to add chc to ring XY and yup you guessed it… perfect area rolls for miles, damn you to hell RNGods. Hahahahahaha I love this game but we need the ability to kill npc’s derp.

Sometimes, you just get a regular amulet that rolls really nice and you just miss out on the caldessan’s.

Look at my amulet. Yeah, I won’t top that. I did see a friend get a primal exactly like it right before I got mine.