So no matter what we write, you just do not listen?

Just because a few people do not like the changes or non changes does not mean it needs to be changed. There is less than 1% of the population that play D3 on these forums. That 1% can not claim they speak for the other 99%. So stop telling Blizzard that these vocal few talk for everyone. State your option and move on.

Because the problem with the Dreadlands set is not the set itself. Itā€™s one skill rune and itā€™s interaction with Area DMG.
They need to nerf one skill rune that is the problem.
For all other skills and their respective runes that can benefit from Dreadlands, if anything the set is in need of a buff.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly my point when I say that you should ask for buffs instead of nerfs.

By buffs I mean that every new season each class should have at least 1 class set balanced to be at least in 5 GR range of each other, so if one class has a set that can solo max 140-145 GR other class sets should be in 135-140 GR range of that set, so the OP build would only be stronger by max 5 GRs (worse case scenario 10 GRs). Not like we have now when they decide to make ONE OP build that is 10-20 GRs above other class setsā€¦ :man_facepalming:

I noticed that when they buffed the chantodo 2 pieces set and I wondered Why the Hell didnā€™t they make the Barbs, DHs, Crusaders, Monks, WDs and Necros 2 set pieces sets as strong as the Chantodo oneā€¦ :man_facepalming:

Same thing with some supporting items for various class sets. Why do some items get 450-600% extra damage to a specific skill while other classes supporting skills only get 150-200% or 300-400%. That makes No Sense at allā€¦

Every single new patch should come with 1 class set and their supporting items of Each class buffed to be on almost the same level of power or at least at the very least the worst set after being buffed should be max 5-10 GR behind the strongest one.

This way if the strongest class can solo a 150 GR than the worst class build that has also been buffed aside the OP one should be able to clear max 140 GR or 145 GRā€¦

TLDR

Buff at least one 6 pieces set of each class every new patch and make sure that no build is stronger than other one more than 10 GRs, before you ask us to test your changes in PTRā€¦

TEST the changes you make by yourself, you have the tools to do that, before you give us a chance to to do it in PTR, so one build wonā€™t end up 15-20 or more GRs stronger than the rest of classesā€¦

4 Likes

D4 is ā€œwait and seeā€ for me. I donā€™t have any plan at this time to blindly pre-order. I would prefer Blizzard focusing on D3 QoL features and game bugs.

1 Like

So, you play build A and hear about build B, and find out, if you switch to B, practice the gameplay, take a long time finding the right gear, it maybe almost as good as what you are already running?
Doesnā€™t sound promising at all.
Getting a new shiny toy is what motivates people for season.

Iā€™ll never understand why people donā€™t discuss the new features on PTR feedback and instead whine ā€œplease buff Firebirdā€ when itā€™s not on the agenda.

The sad thing is, people made intensive tests and wrote huge feedback threads in past PTRs - all of which got ignored. Blatant bugs got reported and not fixed.
Looks like people start ignoring PTR now.

No, Iā€™m pretty sure it does.

Sorry, apples and oranges. Not even close to being the issue here.

The issue is, they donā€™t give a crap about D3 anymore. Itā€™s no longer profitable. But Iā€™d think they want to keep the Diablo playerbase happy so theyā€™d support D3 (enough we donā€™t start to lose faith in them) until D4 launches. To me, thatā€™s just good business.

and it hasnā€™t been the case.

2 Likes

Inna, Shenlong and Gungdo were on agenda. Posted for those. But right now I complain about the unability of blizz to listen to long waited changes. Instead of those they patch things that will not change anything. All patches of current ptr for monks will not change best build for speed, key farming, pushing etc. I did my suggestions long time ago - but even now where many people (not just me) are writing about that stuff nothing happens from phase 1 to 2. Just sain

2 Likes

There are three main problems with D3.

• The first is that you have limited character skill tree development, it not like you ever see any change except for new sets, so this has led to limited diversity in play style.
  • Next Blizzard no longer makes new areas to randomly explore or experience so you could have memorized all the areas already.
  • Last the solo versus group has never been balanced as far as experienced garnered, add power creep and the ball flew over the fence never to be found again.

After 21 seasons this game is now hard to play. I like the seasonal reward and some season effects but how many types of frosting can you put on the same cake?

Still weā€™ll see how this plays with this PTR.

1 Like

I agree with none of this. Nothing on this list is what I would classify as a primary D3 problem. Primary problem is itemization and build/power level discrepancies.

2 Likes

So you either work for them or got some info the rest of us donā€™t have?

No to the first, yes to the second.

So what info do you got? Or is it just in your head?

I was privy too some of the player-developer Wizard conversations. I cannot say which, of course. Plus Iā€™ve been on several of the Tavern Talks. I was the guy who got UA made functional, and ABB switched from a Ring to a bracer. I also got LOD moved to 2nd gem drop. Other handfuls of changes.

Anyway, long story short, no, they generally do not listen. Iā€™ve been talking to them for 10 long years. As bad as the actual D3 dev team was(although I really liked John Yang, his passion for Diablo shone through), the Classic team is worse. Have had no contact there at all.

1 Like

So basically you donā€™t know anything and just type in something without able to provide any proof.
You even trash talk them, saying they are bad.

I know they guy who did Wizards, Don Vu, made a lot of bad set designs that have been tweaked over and over and still donā€™t work. His idea of fun was tormented mechanics that would unfun and, in about 50% of cases, physically damaging to player.

As for the over-all, top down view, there was considerable lack of leadership from the top saying ā€œThis is what weā€™re gonna do for itemization.ā€ on many separate occasions. I think D3 had three head develepers. Iā€™m sure You have heard of Jay Wilson. That there was Josh Misquara, who did the ROS launch, and then I think Wyatt Cheng took it over.

And now you donā€™t stick to your original explanation and make another one. Yet again have no proof of what you were saying.
Neither have I ever seen you on here about the socalled changes you said you were behind. You just ramble cause you want to be rightā€¦

Iā€™m sorry, It doesnā€™t sound like you have the background or experience to have a discussion with me.

Nevermind. BUt hereā€™s what you need to know. They do not listen to the community.

So when I ask you to provide evidence on your claim to know Blizzard and you say you have been in contact with them and the socalled claims of you changing in game items, you back out and say I donā€™t have the experience to debate with you? Yeah, you were called out and cannot defend yourself. Glad others could get the chance to see this, since all you were doing was bashing on some people you donā€™t even know.

They got rid of the old forum. He can dig on archive.org, but it will be difficult to prove anything from 3+ years ago.

Even this gap is too wide. I like playing Blessed Shield, but no one would drop their 140+ exp runs down to 130+ runsā€¦ so it seldom gets played.

Really, all sets and their builds should be within 5GRs. Some sets, like Seekers, only supports a single damaging skill, with little to no shared legendary items, it should be super easy to get it right.

I suggested they double the current 6pc bonus from 15,000% to 30,000%. That thread had a bunch of likes, letā€™s see if they listen, errā€¦ believe their loyal fansā€™ feedback is worthy for implementation.

With the replies he gave, it indicates he just rambled on to want to be correct in his statement. However, no one knows how much they ā€œlistenā€, unless you actually spoken to them or work for them.

And the entire ā€œI donā€™t want to discuss cause of your background/experienceā€, while he does not even know whom I amā€¦ That is aā€¦ Mistake