So no matter what we write, you just do not listen?

Whats wrong with just listening to the community?

I mean round 10 posts around monk changes - nothin
Same for wizz
And so on

And then one char with 150 solo on ptr and one with 150 solo on live. Now go and ask all the nerfed builds why that happened to them? Generator with static, chantodo, mundu, …

Why you do not nerf GoDs dmg and Crusader for more testing?
Why you do not hear to the community.

Its truly a shame. Don’t get me wrong, but if my students would work as you do, they would not even fulfil preconditions to write an exam.

I’d suggest to you to let ME do some monk changes and then look what happens with the comm
For other classes better ask others

21 Likes

There are reasons people moved on to other ARPGs. Blizzard used to be the holy grail. Now they’re just a facepalm fail. But there is an explanation to why this game is so terribly balanced:

In the early years of D3, people used to mix and match gear and skills to create their own builds, but Blizzard eventually thought the game was too hard to balance this way without a big team actively working on it, so they started making sets completely overpowered so that each class would only have a few viable builds, making balancing much easier when each class would only have 4-5 viable specs instead of balancing each and every skill and rune in the game.

But Blizzard didn’t even manage to balance with this approach. Instead, they made one set completely overpowered each season for each class. Not hard to balance when you only have 5 builds to balance. One for each class. Simple. The problem is that build diversity completely died with it, but it was a sacrifice they were willing to make (surely due to the game having no sustainable business model, and Activision got involved).

But low and behold, they can’t even manage to balance one set from each class. I wondered for years what the hell they were thinking and how this could even be possible from a developer with so much experience, until they made a post or interview (last year?) where they explained that they don’t really balance the game around one set against another. Instead, they look at the AVERAGE greater rift levels that each class can complete if you’d add all of that class’s sets together.

This literally means that if one class has 3 sets that can only do GR50 and one set that can do GR150, it is considered equally balanced to a class that has four sets each capable of doing GR75, because both classes have an average GR level of 75 when adding all sets together.

Logical? Makes sense? No, not at all. It literally makes absolutely no sense at all to have this approach. But this is what they said they do, and it explains why we’ve had years upon years of completely failed balancing in this game. After so much time it is apparent that they have no intention of any serious balancing, because if they made even the slightest effort, then sets which are 20-40 GR levels behind wouldn’t stay behind for years. This is just how their nonsensical approach has been over the years.

34 Likes

Logged in just to heart this post Mortac.

5 Likes

They can’t change anything major until a future patch. If you do not give feedback on what they changed and instead tell them what you want to be changed they will ignore you.

Just how ptr works.

The patch is already close to a final release candidate so only minor tweaks can be made.

2 Likes

I’m still not banking on sader bombs going live without a big nerf hammer. They did listen obviously as the few changes right now were also mentioned in the forum like hard cc from clones and twister’s damage. I doubt they literally don’t see the other posts.

If they see the posts then it wouldn’t be so hard for them to click the reply button and take 30 seconds to tell us.

7 Likes

What I dont like with what you said is,…, you are right…

blizz listens only to those influencers/streamers.

8 Likes

Only because of the massive amounts of trolls on here giving opinions on characters they dont play or giving advice on things they know nothing about just to stir the crap pot so it makes a big majority of the player base that play the game for fun not be taken seriously or listened too … !!

3 Likes

We are still in PTR. The wholesale changes with items and builds will probably be made between PTR end and Live start (2-3 weeks).

Nope

Da habe ich auch noch nen Wörtchen mit zu schnacken ! :wink:

3 Likes

Which means they’ll go live with new multipliers that have had no testing.
Does anyone remember AoV?

6 Likes

The real Problem is that Blizzard decided to Cut Diablo 3.

Imagine the D3 Team ist very small and i think Not a Lot devs working on this game

Result: No Time for all the Work and Changes.

Blizzard dont Care about this Situation, as Long we all gonna buy d4

In this PTR I left 16 suggestions. 16! Lods, wiz sets, wardrobe and gems, balance features, translation fixes and so on. Today after update I opened the test-game and I saw NOTHING of this was implemented. Then what was I working on? In my city there is a small gamedev company and If I did equal work for them, I would get pretty solid salary. Here I got 0 dollars and 0 attention. I can not even count on ingame reward.
Every voice metters, yeah, Bliz?

“Blizzard used to be the holy grail. Now they’re just a facepalm fail.”
Oh snaaaap! Take a chill pill Dr Dre!

1 Like

I will not. Totally serious.

1 Like

They also need to drag the buffs for all professions as long as possible. D4 wont be out for a long time, and if they fix them all now… Well what would be next?

1 Like

Its PTR with the Classic Team, they are not going to roll out PTR, amend then get you to test again…they don’t really do that.

They have the data from the leaderboards and their feedback, they will not waste time implementing a fix in PTR for the sader bombs as they will know how much to reduce it and add that to the final patch. What they will now being concentrating on is the S22 theme.

Peoples expectations need tailored to the fact this game is with the Classic team with limited resource.

What…? has anyone (a real dev) ever responded to the forum posts?
I mostly only see irrelevant blue posts. content goes towards 0%. I don’t even need to read that.
and i can very well remember how it was in previous seasons. ptr feedback is open, many complaints, nothing is improved and released with many bugs and blatant imbalances. I can’t explain what ptr exists for.

6 Likes

What community?!

Those who cry for nerfs are the reason why Chantodo Vyr, Mundunugu or Saders got NERFED and now you want to do the same for GoD or the new Crusader build, cause you’re bitter that one of your favourite builds got nerfed which right now you want to do to others…

Wow just wow, no wonder we have No balance AT ALL, because some people can’t stand that others can finally have a STRONG build for a change

I agree that other classes need more buffs especially monks or wizards (thanks to people like you crying for nerfs to GoD or bombardment Crusader who got Archon Vyr build nerfed or other strong builds), but I’m not asking for nerfs just because Dev(s) made stupid decissions in the past by nerfing Wizards, Crusader, WDs, Necros builds or even not allowing Barbs to have the lamentation belt with 150-200% extra rend damage…

I’m also mad that skills like Chakram, Elemental Arrow, Sentries and Traps (that are completely useless) for DH, Phalanx (archers would be a dream for me at least) for Crusaders, Grasp of the Dead, Fetish Army, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan for WD, Revenge, Overpower, Ancient Spear for Barbs, Mystic Allies, Lashing Tail Kick for Monks, Blizzard, Meteor, Mirror Image, Black Hole for Wizards or Revive, Death Nova, Command Golem are constatnly being ignored when buffing and making them 120+ GR viable without 5000-10000 paragon and almost maxed out caldesans…

People who ask for nerfs are the reason why some classes are now FAR behind others, so if you want to blame someone look in the mirror…

Be smart and ASK FOR BUFFS so other classes who are far behind can CATCH UP to the OP ones, is it so hard to understand?! :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

https://media.tenor.com/images/3c1540c9a0b5082c99926314d3bb147b/tenor.gif

12 Likes

You hit the nail on the head my man. It is amusing to see just how much Blizzard hamstring themselves in their balancing process. 1-2 weeks of tuning every 4 months where they only look at a few sets at a time. And somehow, someway, they still haven’t managed to get one bit closer to balance after all these years. Their balancing methods presented some time ago were a complete joke so it doesn’t really surprise me that they aren’t making progress. This patch will probably be no different unless they jam in some actual changes soon. So far everything seems like a Hail Mary pass.