So... D2R Worth a buy?

I’ll back off. 20 ch

I would just add that some people are regulars on the D3 forum but they hardly ever play D3. :point_left:

I play both games and for me D3 is far superior to D2R, but I am now ready for D4. :pray:

1 Like

You just asked if it worths buying it. Console players still would give you information regardless of the platform. You can also post at reddit boards. Irrelevant if you don’t do social media.

For me it worths a buy for sure, but I’ll wait. If I can watch streamers play it for hours without getting bored then I can play it for hours as well. Just there are a few issues and bugs at the initial release and my system not up for it yet.

Thank you and thank you.

Absolutely buy it! At least you’ll get another forum to gripe on. It’s a win win.

2 Likes

Do you want to replay D2 with a shiny veneer? If so then your answer is yes. If not then don’t bother. While D2 is my least favorite(for the kids in the back of the room, that doesn’t mean hate) of the three games, I would have pulled the trigger if the wife was interested just to play it with her.

The new graphics alone make it worth it since that covers up that awful frame rates(I know it’s for game play reasons) to achieve a much smoother combat. But all in all, it still has many if the things I’m not much of a fan over that most ARPGs have moved on from.

But really if you enjoy D2, just buy it an play it, that is unless you only enjoyed it with mods.

and here we see another person that does not know how to read the forum rules!

1 Like

i´ve been trying to buy it but struggling with credit card payment. anyone else?

there are some good features but the graphics ain´t among them imo. very overrated.
i´ll probably stick to old graphics.
fingers crossed they´re gonna increase quantity of throwing weapons so i can make a proper axe-thrower barb.

Will never happen. Blizzard could have added more content and fixes and balances , etc over the past few decades but they never once did. It’s a miracle they even did D2R. Sad, it’s another missed opportunity for the greatest ARPG of all time, like they have something against this title. I would not buy D2R at full price, $10 would be fair.

The beat feature has been the cross platform progression. Play on PC, swap to Switch… return to PC. It requires 2 copies of the game and a subscription to the online service provided by your console manufacturer.

I wish D3 had this.

You forgot to add “in the whole wide world” or some other nonsense. D2 was the king of the hill back in the day when it was the only one around and did not have any competition. Not so much anymore, bring on D4. :point_left:

2 Likes

Those who haven’t purchased can’t post to D2R forums. This is a D3 forums by default with D2 and D2R as sub-forums. One problem is that when you observe a “General Discussion” thread in https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/ , it could be D3, D2, or D2R related. Suggest instead: D3 General Discussion, D2 General Discussion, or D2R General Discussion.

I haven’t purchase 2DR (why, it’s not the question), but I can post on the D2:R “Console” section on this forum if I want.

I could do a test if you want to see this awesome trick

I was looking at PoE2 today n went to see if i could buy that but noooo! Lol
Nothing i want is out!

And yes D4 looks better.

I tried PoE a few times it did nothing for me I will never go back.

And no, CMs and/or Devs are ok to talk about D4 on D3 forums, on D3 forums, not D2, D2R, D2RR, D2RRR…

1 Like

But they hardly every talk to us about anything unless you are on twitter.

If you played it back in the day and enjoyed it I promise you’ll enjoy it with new graphics. It looks amazing.

If you’ve never played before, you may or may not like it. It’s not for everyone, it’s a change of pace from D3. I find it just as addictive as I did as a kid, but some of the mechanics are definitely dated. That will be a dealbreaker for some, nostalgic charm for others, and just a minor annoyance to work around for many. I’m in the third group. There’s stuff I don’t like (I’d kill for a keybind for force move…) but you figure out the quirks pretty quick.

The core of the game is still enjoyable, and the dated mechanics aren’t enough to take away from that. At least for me. Your experience may vary.

I think it’s worth it from a historical perspective too. If you’ve never played D2 before, you’ll get to see where the roots of D3 came from, and some systems in D3 that were either kept or changed (for better or for worse) from D2.

I had a number of crashes the first week, but I think it’s been a full week now (playing every evening) since my last crash.

The early crashes were a big bummer. Spent 20+ min shopping a +3 Fire Ball staff to make a Leaf, then got it and immediately crashed, when I reloaded it had rolled me back by just enough that I didn’t have the staff.

Okay, no biggie. I’ll spend another half an hour shopping a +3 Fire Ball staff. Got it and then IMMEDIATELY crashed again and rolled back to before I had the staff.

I’m convinced the game had it out for me.

Seriously thought about settling for a +2 fire Ball staff, but then I took another 10 minutes to get the third +3 Fire Ball, and I immediately saved and exited before I tried doing anything with it. Not really that much stronger than a +2, but at that point it was the principle of the matter. The most fearsome foe I vanquished in Hell on opening weekend was the almighty ‘crash to desktop’ beast.

From what I’ve heard it’s even worse on console. A button on the controller is mapped to delete character. So if you press that and then confirm, your character is gone. Cat walked on your controller? Whoops, too bad. Saw a post from a guy who fell asleep in the menu with his controller in hand after a long day and he woke up to every character on his account deleted.

I don’t talk about Twitter/Forum (useless) battle.

But, like Argos said.

One (sub)forum, one subject.

Currently, I try to repair an old cycle (older than DI, older than a lot of players here), I won’t post on a “The awesome new XXX!” section.

I’ve got my moneys worth so far. I’d say yes it’s worth it.

There are a lot of things I’m discovering now as a more mature player that I never knew about the original game.

2 Likes