Slow load times - Inventory

Thank you TheTias! I am doing the ‘UPDATE’ now!

1 Like
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M370X
File System: APFS

Few days ago deleted the “/Data” folder and let the game update (downloaded ~17GB). Still experiencing the same issue. When it happens I have to toggle between low and high graphics.

I have this issue, but only in multiplayer, and only after a new player joins the party (not immediately upon joining a multiplayer game). If I leave my inventory or stash open, everything syncs up eventually; then the problem goes away until a player leaves and another joins.

Model Name: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Filesystem: APFS
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 3.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Memory: 64 GB
Chipset Model: Radeon Pro Vega 48
1 Like

I suppose it needs to be asked then for the other posters: Is this happening during solo or just multiplayer? I do know that multiplayer syncs everyone’s client, including all of their stashes even though nobody can see your stashes.

Well that sucks. But at least the CASC portion of the problem was eliminated for a while anyway. That would still leave APFS as a potential culprit since that seems to be the filesystem everyone here is using that is experiencing the problem. I know there is a slight delay even on HFS+, so APFS only gets worse.

Total bummer. :frowning:

I do know that multiplayer syncs everyone’s client, including all of their stashes even though nobody can see your stashes.

Indeed, and my thinking was that the two may be related. The interesting part is that tooltip text (but not icons) loads fine if I mouse over a blank slot that I know contains an item. If I click to pick up that item, the icon then loads instantly, as do most or all other items in the same column (and sometimes adjacent ones as well).

I too Trashed, then immediately deleted, my Data folder, before re-downloading my game data (loading screens were flashing by much faster when I initially installed Diablo III under 1.6.8). Unfortunately, this has had no effect, either on my game load times (still much slower than 1.6.8), nor on my stash/inventory-loading delays.

Having the same issue, iMac 5k 2019, Catalina 10.15.6, 48GB Ram, Radeon Pro 580X 8GB, 512GB SSD. It almost always happens when in groups, and mostly AFTER finishing a greater rift… when I join everything is ok, but after closing the rift/vault/gr the inventory slows to a crawl…

I always had this issue since the release of Diablo III and whatever the machine I’m using (I’ve played diablo III from machine such as a 200 euros entry price PC and from a 4000 EUR+ workstation with huge CPU, tone of RAM and over powered GPU). All of the time, I’m on a 1 Gbit/s network or better.

The only common denominator between all of my configuration is that I’m playing on Linux using wine.

Changing the texture does not help and it appears even after a fresh install. Sometime the inventory loads instant, sometimes it take up to a few minutes to load.

I also did the same, and it’ s back to mostly slow loading of the inventory.
2012 mid MacBook Pro 15"

What I’ve found that works for me if I experience the issue…
I change the Texture Quality (if Low change to High, vice versa). In the new pop-up that asks if you want to “Accept” the change, I cancel (or press esc) and then from then on the game works fine until the next game.

2 Likes

I play on windows and i too encounter the same problem.
Slow loading of inventory items in Season 21 in Act 1, 3/4 and 5 (Worst Act ever for many seasons).
I find the most playable is Act 2 where the loading of inventory was not that bad.
I did not encounter this when i played Season 20.

Hope blizzard can solve this issue.

Forgot to note I had tried playing on my old and new pc. Same issue.

3 Likes
Model Name: iMac (5k, Mid-2017)
Model Identifier: iMac18,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
Memory: 64 GB
MacOS Version macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)
Graphics Chipset Model: Radeon Pro 580 8GB
File System: APFS

Having the same problem. Very slow inventory graphic/stat refresh/update. This problem is worse in multiplayer but is also happening in solo play. I thought about updating my Mac to 10.15 or newer but other players on this board have newer systems than I mine and they are having the same issue so updating my Mac probably won’t fix the problem.

1 Like

Hello,

I changed textures settings from low to high and it’s very nice now.
The problem seems solved with this.
Not intuitive but if it’s works it’s the main thing :smiley:

3 Likes

I was having this problem in season 21 and it has persisted in season 22.

Bank, bag, vendor and cube icons are can take between 5 and 30 seconds to load.
I did not see this problem with the season 22 beta.

System
Mac mini (2018) mojave 10.14.6
3.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon VII 16 GB
218 gb free on the drive

I have tried reinstalling, removed the beta install, with between low and high graphics - nothing seems to help. There were no problems with previous season on the same machine.

You tried to set textures settings to high ?
It works for me

2 Likes

Hi, I m having the same issue. Tried downgrading the graphics etc but nothing seems to be working. The internet speeds are fine - played in two different spots with great speeds and yet the issue persists. What’s the solution???

I have the same bug now. It just happened all of a sudden. Very annoying. Please let us know if you manage to fix it?

Here are my specs:

https://imgur.com/a/K3Hxtyh

Issues remains:

https://imgur.com/a/R6N1ssn

also having the same issue…

Have the same issue here as well.
Maxed out settings or low settings. Indeed switching some settings seems to fix the issue until the next session
Graphics : Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Besides the inventory loading VERY slow sometimes, the Death’s Breaths a lot of times, don’t show up on the screen as I am playing for a LONG time! I have to wait around, or leave and come back to see them drop so I can pick them up. (mid 2012 MBP 15") - it seems a lot of the goodies a mob will drop is also slow to appear. sometimes. It really slows down game play and the enjoyability

3 Likes