Silenced on another game

Silenced on WoW so I can’t play diablo 3? I was silenced on wow literally for saying “you suck” and this guy’s buddies spam reported me so I got an insane 2 month silence on literally all blizzard games, so now I can’t play any of the games i’ve paid for. This is a known bug, blizzard has known about this for going on 8 months and still hasn’t fixed it.

2 month silence also means you have been silenced over and over again, and have not improved.

Maybe a time-out will help.

Is your gut response to my post:

1. Rage, and hurling insults.
  2. Inward reflection.
3 Likes

I never said 8 month silence lol…Please learn to read, thanks.

Sorry. Edited.

I was thinking the doubling time rule, but it was 7 offenses, not 8

1st Offence = 1 day
2nd offence = 2 days
3rd offence = 4 days
4th offence = 8 days
5th offence = 16 days
6th offence = 32 days = 1 month 2 days)
7th offence = 64 days = 2 months 4 days
8th offence = 128 days = 4 months 8 days
9th offence = 256 days = 8 months 16 days
10th offence = 512 days = 1 year 5 months 2 days

No it means i’ve been silenced more than once over the span of 14 years across all blizzard games. It doesn’t mean i’m silenced every time i’m unsilenced.

Also your “is your gut response” is literally harassment @ me.

The point is i’m silenced on WoW and can’t play diablo 3, which makes zero sense.

I highly doubt that’s all that was said to cause a 64 day long silence penalty.

2 Likes

I understood what you meant, and that it was not directed at me. It is a game bug, and I am sorry you have to have a time out. May as well make the best of it.

No provocation. Just giving you something to think about.

No you’re clearly doing nothing but flaming me, so i’m done speaking to you.

I doubt you’re going to get more sympathy by posting the same complaint onto the EU Technical Support forum…

1 Like

I see you’ve chosen:

And it’s a shame that the silence doesn’t work on these forums.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about your case specifically, but as to the general idea that a player who is toxic in one community is likely to be toxic in another, that makes sense to me. It also fits in with Blizzard’s general direction of considering battle.net as one unified service / community across all its game, as opposed to being game-specific.

As a player I appreciate that Blizzard tries to keep things pleasant.

1 Like

Name one thing I did wrong?

No, the bug is that the Silence flag is applied at the Bnet account level. ONLY D3 has a bug where that flag prevents a person from creating a game. Silence is intended to impact social features, not base game creation.

Ehh… Blizzard has intentionally directed all discussion of this Bug to this forum and has tolerated long threads discussing it. Your suggestion to move it, is not going to be productive or constructive.

Blizzard knows about the bug impacting Silenced players. It takes the Bnet team, not the D3 folks, to fix it. This really only impacts players who have been silenced MANY times.

No, not quite. The Silence penalty did not exist until July 2016. Before that a player who was reported was suspended from the game totally. Silence exists to take away social features from players who break the rules. It is kind of better than the previous option of suspending or banning players completely.

You have accumulated multiple Silence penalties in the past 4 years. They do not age out or drop off and double with each infraction. NEVER let someone make you angry enough to start insulting them. Just right click report them or ignore them and go on your merry way without them.

As for the Bug for Silenced players, you are likely going to have to wait it out.

2 Likes

My apologies. I’ll delete my previous post.

As long as the topic is about the actual bug, and circumstances around it, it is fine to be here. Even though this subject is touchy due to the account action aspect.

The goal with these specific Silence Bug threads is to:

• Acknowledge the bug exists
  • Explain how the bug works
  • Explain how the Silence system works if needed, including stacking penalties
  • Direct people to the appeals article if needed
  • Explain the current status of the bug

Where it gets dicey is when people try to correct or chastise someone for the Silence penalty. That is not helpful and derails away from the basic analytic nature of the thread. Why someone got Silenced, or how often, does not change any of the causes or current status of the Bug.

Now, if someone posts a suggestion here, or wants a game mechanic changes that are NOT bugs, they are free to go to Gen Discussion :slight_smile:

2 Likes