Shared Loot is Problematic

You said:

Which is nonsense.
If you wanted to say that more people will get less loot in FFA than Timed Allocation, then yes. Just like more people will get more loot. That spread is larger, for obvious reasons. While the average is not.

The same amount of loot would drop in a Ploot or FFA scenario…

Also, Ploot can be implemented with some fairly restrictive requirements i.e. only X second window to pick up items or they become FFA. On top of that be an optional toggle…

Also, if everyone knows what drops from boss runs then you can use chat to negotiate a trade on the spot.

I admit I have played little D2 in the last 5 years but before that I clocked up thousands of hours. When there is a large influx of players, scammers, bots and clicking scripts make FFA loot unbearable. Its workable with a very tight community whereby breaking the social code leaves you with few options…that won’t be the case when D2R launches!

1 Like

Obviously!
It’s funny actually because a significant part of “old players” are strongly opposed to Ploot, while they don’t even know how it works, what it would generate in terms of items…
Shared stash and significant increase of the stash is quite a significant change, and it poses no problem. But personal loot “would totally ruin the game and the economy”. I’m pretty it would be bad too for the environment and maybe it would increase the pandemics? :smiley:

3 Likes

Uh, we old players have played many titles with ploot. Rather silly and stupid of you to assume people who oppose ploot don’t know how it works. Fortunately, this is now a non-issue.

Take a deep breath and relax. We’re not doing it. I think it’s ok to have the discussion and understand the implications and expectations of other players. You’re literally fighting against something that isn’t being done.
-Rod Fergusson

1 Like

Lol this is what every person who doesn’t understand context says thinking you’re smart but looking the opposite. The same amount of loot drops in both game modes. The guaranteed loot comes from the fact loot is protected by the game mode that guarantees you get your portion (ploot). This portion of guaranteed loot has ODDS this is a represented by a percentage. This number will always be higher in Ploot games, because no loot is protected in FFA. Such a simple concept.

Everyone that is a serious gamer has already played in a ploot system. The issue isn’t us understanding how ploot works it’s how ploot supporters don’t understand the context of the comment before replying.

2 Likes

Not really. PoE uses Short Allocation, but most games do not have any a system like this. The vast majority of people likely have not tried it.
And lots of people in this forum clearly do not understand it.

1 Like

Because twenty years ago they made the loot ffa, and everyone just accepted it or found ways around it. There was no internet to whine about it on the forums so it never changed. I never had a major issue with it because I adapted to the game and not make game adapt to me

1 Like

Not really, PoE lets you set the type of loot drop when you create a party. Short allocation, Ploot , FFA .

Exactly. Thus it uses Short Allocation.

The ability to choose between different loot rules is exactly how D2R should handle it too.

Your original statement implies that they ONLY use a short allocation . Which is not the case and just because PoE does something does not mean it is right for D2 or D2R .

Basically, These are my thought on Ploot from another post just like this one .

Also From this post once again :

1 Like

I dont think I did. But oh well, not it has been clarified at least.

That it certainly does not. Nor did I say such a thing.
I said very few games out there have Timed Allocation loot, so the claim that most “serious gamers” have tried it, is likely not correct. Only game I am aware of, that uses it, is PoE.

The people who consider the lack of FFA-alternatives a problem, likely considered it that for a long time. Maybe even 20 years.
It is not highly surprising you didn’t consider it problem earier, considering you still don’t.

And I will keep on saying it over and over it is designed for todays casual gamer . There is zero reason to fundimentally change a game with a system that has worked for years. I can not say how old you but I can guess . Your need to be rewarded implies you grew up getting rewarded for the work of others in todays gaming world and real life .

1 Like

Please do.
And after you guess, you could abandon the nonsense that the opinions on D2R topics about changes have anything to do with age. Nor how many hours you played D2.

Meh, I am happy we got shared stash. Original stash was bad.
I am extremely happy Blizzard wont delete my accounts after 90 days of inactivity.
I’ll keep saying that small positive changes for D2R, that does not change the game substantially, nor prevent anyone from experiencing the original game as it was, is fine.

As much as I like D2, it is very much a game where people get rewarded for other peoples work. We got leechers, we got free handouts in games etc.
So I guess everyone growing up with D2, grew up with that experience. Unless they played offline/SSF only, of course.

Minor QoL changes are VASTLY different than changing core fundamental’s of a game . No one was crying for Ploot in D2:LoD. But they have been asking for years about little things like like changing the stash, Picking up gold , and Not having to hold down the dam ALT to see things on the ground ( My personal hatred )

The whole Ploot garbage only came to a head from the casual outcry because they think they "Deserve loot " No matter how they play. Mostly from people who spent basically zero time playing in the past or present and most likely a lot of their first experience’s with D2 came within the last 8-10 months since it D2R was first announced .

Personally ,I am not against QoL Updates and tweaks the game has needed some for years untold but I am against core changes that drasticly alter the game to make it "Easier for the casual "

1 Like

Because in the marketing campaign Blizzard said: "Above all else, Diablo II: Resurrected remains true to the original"

The changes you are asking for are not true to the original.

1 Like

You can remain true to the original and add an option. One easy example is optional auto-gold pickup.

Our initial inspiration for this feature’s implementation was for controller players to not need to click as much.

This was added for console players primarily and is a rather insignificant change to the game. Ploot, handshake pvp, unlimited arrows, stackable items, charm inventories are all much more significant changes. Gold is largely useless other than for repairs or gambling.

1 Like

It is useful for gambling. More gold means more gambling. More gambling means more items. More items mean more good items. More good items impact the trade economy. They even made gambling easier that you could reset the vendor.

So… you are okay with essentially higher drop rates and messing with the trade economy which this change functionally means.

I never said I was ok with this or any of the changes. I personally want them to stop making any more changes at all.

1 Like

Ignore microna. He is panick mode for waking up the masses. Its what happens when he celebrates and starts spamming rods tweet.

Only to get slammed. FFA is diablo 2 he won’t ever change it.

No toggle nothing.

1 Like