Shared Loot is Problematic

Why is loot shared in multiplayer? I can only see this causing problems as the loot will go to whomever can pick it up the fastest. Especially in 8-player multiplayer mode.

26 Likes

As a ranged player, you can’t pick anything lol

8 Likes

I agree with you, and yet I’m what we consider a 'D2 vet".
It is THE most annoying thing in this game, with all the legions of bots that Blizzard never treated seriously.
But you will get bashed by other vets who will say “it has always been like that, since the 70s we are playing this way, why change” lol

13 Likes

It’s not a problem at all. It helps with the scarcity of items in the trade economy. No serious players play in public games for MF runs. Just play in private games to farm items to trade and play in public games for XP/questing.

35 Likes

Welcome to diablo 2 I guess.

11 Likes

I am so confused by these threads. This is Diablo 2, and unfortunately people aren’t cooperative on the internet.

I always played solo or with friends to avoid this and I enjoy it.

15 Likes

As much as it sucks, welcome to D2. You want to target farm loot, run solo or with friends in a group. If you’re having loot sniped in 8 player it’s unfortunate but it’s the way it is. Grouping in 8 man pub games is good for exp and leveling, bad for loot. It’s always been that way.

15 Likes

Do you realize guys that:

• not everybody has a group of friends to team up…This will be even more the case with a 40€ remastered game…
  • we are trying to cope the downsides of shared loot with alternatives styles of playing (solo, or with friends only) where as there is not a single advantage of shared loot. Except for people who want to take the loot for them. Personal loot like in D3 is not a problem to share the items after one has picked up his share.

To me, shared loot is just like the tiny stash, it should have been History, it’s not really what changes the playing and the experience of the game. At least we got a better stash…and I’ll stick to solo for the rest, sadly.

6 Likes

Welcome by the adult world, (d3) kid.

Shared loot isn’t problematic, shared loot is original. Imo at this point all good.

That’s how we did it.

No raining items in d2, no easy going. Hahaha enjoy it! :wink:

23 Likes

Theres no minimum distance for range

8 Likes

It has worked for 20 years but now it is a problem? You deal with it an move on or make a different Char. that is melee it is that simple. I played ranged Chars. for most of my 15 years+ playing and never found it to be a problem beyond when picket gets involved.

11 Likes

this right here man, totally agree.

4 Likes

Lmao, these nostalgic players won’t stand any feedback.

6 Likes

These floppy spined hell-bent on changing integral aspects of a remaster are looney.

Look, all jokes aside.

I have had sad days where I missed on items. Sometimes unique rings and such, but its a rush because sometimes you get em. And since we can all trade. Usually people build relationships with the others they play with and say hey man, I really need nagel. Is that a nagel ring? give me a good deal? What character are you building next maybe I can get you an Item. Loot sharing means people have to become more together.

7 Likes

d2 is one those co-op games with systems that actively promote people to play solo. it was dumb back then and it’s dumb now. anyways, you should be against shared stash as well, right? this drastically changes the game: there is no thought in what you keep by risking dropping stuff on the ground to try to transfer it to a mule. so time to remove it, yes?

9 Likes

I agree it is a flawed system, but I do think that there is a benefit to reduced item inflation for the purposes of trading.

1 Like

You gotta click faster, kid.

9 Likes

trading lmao, all this does is to force it to 3rd party sites like jsp. i really can’t say that’s a good thing tbh. well, i guess people just want to make money selling stuff for RL cash like back in the day. living the dream baby!

i have been playing d2 since beta so i def am not a just a d3 kid. i am a vet and more than willing to accept qol changes. time to DL pickit like everyone else? oh boy!

5 Likes

Hi there, I’m Beta tester Stan,

As a Diablo 2 player for the last 100 years, I’ve put up with shared loot and now I find it to be completely reprehensible. Change to personal so I can be lazy.

Signed,
Ranged class that can’t solo clear.

5 Likes

People keep blaming Blizzard about everything, but now I see that these whiny boomers have enough free time to ruin games they aren’t buying.

So, whatever.

1 Like