Shared Loot is Problematic

I agree i am a veteran 35yo and i accept the Change to personal loot please. It is not fun to be watching for loot every second.

And second thing, please PLEASE make respeccing skills multiple times availeable so people can try different builds and not have to make New chars everytime

3 Likes

Clearly you are not a veteren… because you can respec with the cube infinitely with the right items and you get 3 respecs per character from Akara.

Shared loot is a part of the game. Removing it is not like adding a stash tab. People farm solo for a reason and fight together for exp. They are different aspects of the game. Sometimes you get lucky and swoop on items. I love keeping an eye on the items and making sure I’m prepared to pick up loot quick. People want more competition not less. Multiplayer games are meant to be competitive not single player.

4 Likes

I play PoE and i can tell you that personal loot still doesn’t encourage people to farm items in a grp.

Items that dropped for the other person…still would have been yours if they weren’t there, flawed logic is flawed. just get good at clicking, when u are the one that snags the hr or whatever, feelsgoodman.

6 Likes

As a ranged player you can literally shoot point blank or just stop and move up before it dies…i dont remember people ever complaining bout loot in classic d2

3 Likes

I don’t think they will change Shared Loot anyhow, due to the fact that it has been this way since the original came out. The only changes they are making gameplay wise are quality of life stuff like the auto pickup for gold. (And the fact you can map several abillities on controller which is OP, but nonetheless)

uh so why do botters in vanilla run multiple clients/have open games if that was the case. oh right, the more people in the game, the stronger the mobs and more loot drops. if you want to be hyper efficient to get the best odds, 8 player games is where it happens.

2 Likes

Games for fun. And it’s fun, when you’re playing with real friends, but not with random players. Just create an option, where we can choose personal loot or shared loot.

1 Like

Yeah, it encourages people designing things like lag hacks that destabilize opponents connections, so they can grab all the loot before any action you take works. It happened in legacy D2, it’s bound to happen in D2R. Just because things “were always like that” doesn’t mean they shouldn’t change. I mean, i loved white rings (the hacked item) but i don’t expect blizz to say “well, we let those hacks live in the old game, just occasionally clearing most of them out, so we will do the same now”. Like it or not, it’s a problem that gives unfair advantages especially to certain people who like to break rules (and the game)

3 Likes

This is remaster. Not remake. Therefore it works just like it did originally. Welcome to Hell.

5 Likes

actually it’s somewhere between a remaster and remake. otherwise we wouldn’t have shared stashes among some other creature comforts.

3 Likes

That’s how it’s been since 2000.

You either group with a guild/clan and trust the people you play with, or your join the random PuG groups and everyone dives on whatever drops.

5 Likes

Personally, i’m ok with both shared and non-shared loot.

However i think that maybe when one creates a public game (or private with password) it is a useful thing to have the opportunity to toggle loot:" Free for all: Off/On"

Or the possibility that when an item drop on the ground it is bound to be collected by only one of the 8 players present for 10-20 seconds and when the time expires it becomes available for everyone to collect.

1 Like

If I go to a Italian restaurant I won’t complain and tell the chef that he should add burgers to his menu, you either deal with it or move on to something else

7 Likes

All those years of playing a bowazon and getting plenty of loot in public games. Not to mention all the other classes. Do you people scream into a pillow every time something drops and you don’t pick it up first? Is there a hotline you call for support?

5 Likes

Welcome to Diablo 2, Don’t like it? play something else…

7 Likes

Hahaha love it :stuck_out_tongue: The young people today are not used to lose… It is very hard for them that everyone can’t get a trophy every time :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

You can play Path of Exile they got that system… Diablo 2 don’t and never did and never will have it.

4 Likes

then all the other qol updates need to be removed as well using that logic. like shared stash which is a MASSIVE change. so apparently some are ok, and others are not. that said, i won’t quit over this. nah, i’ll just put in the min effort and click that loot too. well, until pickit cheats takes over that is.

3 Likes

I already know.

If you have read my topic i have no problem playing with shared loot or not.

Many people don’t understand the difference between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, the difference is that i propose alternatives that they could insert without provoking anyone.

Then if they add them or not, nothing changes for me but i certainly don’t come here to criticize e provoke people just because they feel bad with a game they don’t know or compare it to Diablo 3.

It’s not problematic, group with people who you trust to distribute loot amongst your party.

4 Likes