Shared Drops Are D2

Is it unique-ish because the drop system is better or because later games decided for “their game design” that personal loot was the better way to go?

2 Likes

A game is not uniq If the game follows all othes games that have exactly the same mechanic, dynamic etc. Let Diablo 2 keep the way It should be. Shared loot is one of small things that makes the game great.

2 Likes

First, if you want to play the game as is, the only option is D2 even after D2R releases as there are changes such as shared stash. I assume what you mean is that you want to play an updated version of D2 with optional enhancements such as 3d graphics and auto-gold pickup to name a few.

You still can play a game similar to D2 (but not identical) if you select specific options. Auto-gold pickup was not in D2. In D2R, you can turn auto-gold pickup on and off.

Actually, multiplayer D2 to me was a turn off, so I played the game mostly solo. Therefore, I earned my xp and items myself. No one hands you gear in solo. You get what you earn without the benefit of any other player.

In D2R, I would like an option where multiplayer games are not FFA. In D2, I felt bad in multiplayer game if I clicked on the best drop. I knew that 7/8 of the time that drop was really for someone else (assuming an 8 player game where we all worked). Also, in other 8 player games, all the best loot was grabbed by pickit hacks, so the best drops were not available to players with integrity. In 8 player games where I carried the party, it would be annoying if leechers picked all the good loot, because I was focused on DPSing and keeping the party alive.

I said:

Mostly solo means mostly solo and some multiplayer.

1 Like

Reported for spamming. We understood it for the 1000th time, please STOP spamming the forums for god’s sake. Do YOU realize how annoying you are ?

I swear you are the only user who has at least one post per topic on these forums, I think you should get help, seriously.

4 Likes

The guy litterally spamming every topic to change how loot drop and play mostly solo.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

This changes nothing in the gameplay apart from making Xfering items easier and no chance of you losing them by dropping them on the ground because your friend can’t help you or they’re not on.

However, it also DOES change the gameplay because now you only have to get Enigma and certain items once. Since you can instantly transfer them to any character you want instantly without worrying. So your life is a lot easier now.

This is all people wanted. Just graphics update and better bot/hack/duping detection. Nobody is asking for stupid ideas such as personal loot, infinite respecs.

This is so trivial as nobody even picked up gold to begin with after the first two quests in Act 1 normal. You pick up rings/amulets/charms/wands/scepters/staves/exceptional-elite body armors for gold.

This is a trivial feature unless you’re a goldfind barb doing Travincal for the rest of your ladder seasons.

So go play solo then. Why are you asking for all these changes when you’ve never even played multiplayer? You are absolutely a troll. lol

I think this is a you problem and not the game. You’re clearly very sensitive, maybe this isn’t the game for you?

I think you and every other D3 player that wants to play this game need to grasp the fact that once you’re in a public game, the loot is not just yours anymore. It’s everybody’s.

So it’s the 3rd party hacks that are the problem, not the game? You agree that Blizzard needs to step up their game and detect/ban these things better?

First of all, didn’t you just say you played solo? You would need to have some pretty nice gear to carry people by yourself in a 8 player game.

2nd of all, why don’t you just go join public games and mf in there? You don’t have to join a chaos/baal game to do chaos/baal runs. Go join a game called “Dueling Kids” with 7 others in there and mf in there. This is what smart people do.

4 Likes

Yeah losing items to pickit or latency is SO COOL AND EXCITING!!! Not.

You guys can stop making up strawmen about how it will magically make more/less loot and all that but it isn’t true and can be balanced well. It doesn’t have to be anything like what you are saying “everyone gets a drop from bosses”. It can be as simple as a timed drop like other games do.

I don’t think any of it is going to happen just due to it being a larger change the devs probably don’t want to dig into, but people like yourself who make things up to support their position are tiresome.

It’s completely feasible, yet very unlikely.

8 Likes

Its not fair there for the fight is against blizzard to make sure they maintain the bots in hacks don’t make there way on the servers … !!

I disagree. It was a small aspect of the game that many players don’t like.

7 Likes

I agree. It was a large aspect of the game that myself and many other fans loved.

2 Likes

Your demonstration is not consistent either.

• “The adult audience having less time and deserves personal loot” contradicts with your idea that the game must open up to a wider/younger audience, who is willing to play a game different from their competitors. And this new audience could be the new vocal minority that you think represent, they are not on the forum because they simply don’t have the background yet.

• Don’t assume that new generations always want things more and more streamlined. Not everyone nor kids appreciate the newest movies, songs or games, who often tend to be predictable.

• Some people simply get old, and there is nothing wrong about it. Not all of us who have a social life are willing to play in a bubble either.

Anyway, personal loot removes a layer of social management so it does alters core mechanics.

2 Likes

For me and many others, FFA in D2 multiplayer removed a layer of social management as I played mostly solo to avoid the frequent nonsense that occurred due to FFA loot drops. In D3, I am more social due to personal loot.

Adopt the PoE model and be done with it.

11 Likes

If you make it an option then you can play shared loot as much as you want. Deal with the tele-seagulls.

3 Likes

I appreciate your candor. I assure you that it amounts to people picking up everything of value as quickly as possible, think seagulls when chips are thrown on a beach except some teleport. Unless you are with friends, strangers will pick everything up and leave you with nothing because they owe you nothing. Sometimes people are nice, most often it is not a pleasant experience. I like to play as a summoner and so the character is usually some distance from item drops. It amounts to never getting anything which means solo play or with friends. Clans are an interesting idea, they kill stuff together and distribute the good items fairly, randomizing who gets items if too many clan members want the same items.

4 Likes

That’s the way I envisioned public games. What reading and discussing has done, for me, has really made me curious about MP, thinking about how much faster, specifically, things will die when you have the right combo of classes.

But I agree, I think a clan makes the idea a lot more palatable. I think I’ll start one. And I’m sure I won’t be alone.

1 Like

If you play with friends it is a lot of fun because you can share the loot. Otherwise, people actively avoid grouping up unless it is a boss run so they can click a lot during a cloud of lag. It would be cool if people were motivated to play with each other freely somehow. Otherwise, the game is good solo or with friends but the way characters synergize it would be so cool if people played together who were strangers, groups of 8 roaming around killing everything.

2 Likes

You will get loot. Have an open mind. The game is different than your expectations.

Nice! This is the most appropriate answer. Not to change what D2 is, not to mess with the resurrection. We appreciate it for the unique treasure it is and relate with it as mature freaking people. We don’t change the classic game that so many people have been hoping beyond hope to get to play again with modern graphics.

We adapt to Diablo II, we don’t expect Diablo II to adapt to us. This game is an elder in game years, and deserves our respect!

I look forward to joining a cool group too! And also, even in random games – if we pick something up that we know someone else can use, freakin’ give it to them! It does not matter if no one else does it, the kindness spreads naturally on its own. We can be a source of it, and there’s really no other choice.

But don’t alter Diablo II, which is the game we’ve been wanting to play again for so long!

Cool, man.

Agree. Shared drops 4 life! Let D2: R stay unique and stand out among the rest of the games that are personal loot. It should not change to personal loot, nor should it change to having an option for shared loot or personal loot. Everyone should be on the same playing field and that’s to keep D2: R shared drops. I also have a thread up about loot, and why it is one of the best things I love about D2! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t act like people who want it the same as its alway been. Myself i have a family to make sure is sort out before games ect

2 Likes