Shadow Impale 2.6.6 Boss Killer- build and some tips

This should be the best setup:

http://www.d3planner.com/585130673

• COE with Average damage (high rolls on ancient), Critical hit chance and Critical hit damage is ~1% better than COE with 7AS, CC, CHD that gives other break point (21 frames). So getting more weapon damage is a bit better than hitting next break point.
  • Because of this we are able to hit break point (22 frames) with 1% AS missing on one item.
  • COE with AS, Average damage and Critical hit damage would be BIS but that stat combination is not possible
  • The biggest difference when compared to the setup used in 2.6.5 patch is extra toughness. I did 20 runs of 140 in a row and died only once due to shock towers.
  • Extra toughness allows us to stand in Inner sanctuary during the rift (low 140s). That is good because if we where to stand out of Inner Sanctuary some monster would follow us and avoid Wizards damage (teleport elites for example).
  • For pushing we should replace Awareness with Steady Aim. In that case monk needs to adapt because they need to stand in between you and Boss. It is possible to get Inner Sanctuary, Steady aim and Ice Blink at a same time.
  • Always check if Barb is using 2H Executioner axe in the cube as that helps you and whole party especially in higher GRs. Barbs that often run with Necro BK tend to forget this.
  • It is really hard to get %elite damage on weapon and offhand. At higher paragons it is better to run with 8% elite damage on both instead of one.
  • You will need some time to adapt to lower discipline pool because we don’t use SOJ.
  • Damage buff we got over 2.6.5 build is only noticeable in higher GR’s.
5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this, thanks.

1 Like

Why CoE over Stone of Jordan?

I have not done a lot of RGK, but when I built mine the team I built it for wanted SoJ. It seemed to work well and was one less thing to try and time.

If you are attacking the rift guardian all the time, CoE = 50% increase in damage while SoJ is 30% to elites, assuming max rolls.

4 Likes

COE give you more damage.
I happen to have both of rings in primal version.
COE dropped yesterday btw :slight_smile:

With SOJ I get 18.9M elite damage.
With COE I get 16M elite damage. But when you take into account legendary power, on average that becomes 16M*1.5=24M.

Edit:
Time to kill RG in 143 on Cold Snap, Blighter, Agnidox, Perdition and other single target Rift Guardians who don’t move a lot, with my Shadow char, was under 3 mins with help of Barb’s The Executioner Axe.

We are getting consistent, reliable times. You can just compare how much time you need to kill RG with different setups.

1 Like

Added from a newer post by Pe3eWe3e.

1 Like

Thank you for posting here so I can also.

Perdition Speed at 100% 4:26
Crusader King Power at 50% 4:28

Any RG difficult ? How about the Rat King ?

There are more good RGs than for Necro.

The best RGs are single targets that don’t spawn adds and don’t move a lot.

Good RGs:
Agnidox
Blighter
Cold Snap
Erethon
Infernal Maiden
Man Carver
Orlash
Perdition
Raiziel
Rime
Sand Shaper
Stonesinger
Tethrys
Voracity (if no adds)
Bloodmaw (not as good as others cause he moves a lot)
Crusader King (if no adds)

OK RGs:
Bone Warlock
Ember
Vesalius

Bad RGs:
Eskandiel
Hamelin
Perendi
Saxtris
The Binder
The Choker

2 Likes

That’s great news. DH is finally making a comeback.

Wouldn’t Aughild’s set give you less toughness than the ring that gives 60% damage reduction?

Yes but that is also a huge damage loss.

When you are the group RGK, your rely on your Support for toughness.

1 Like

I find myself dying a lot when I use elusive without Aquilas in 135+. How do you survive with just aughild? Run around the pack or stand in sanc?

In 135 I help Barb by pulling monsters to the group. Sometimes, if I see that group is staying on the bad spot I go forward and prepare next spot. Can survive without IP buff most of the time.

this may help you d3planner. com/804948160)

1 Like

With Squirts you are just dead. And if you are pushing you want mage-fist in cube instead of illusory boots.

1 Like

super tanky you mean have a look at whats going on with the build and ull understand your only job as rgk is to kill the boss anyway during the rift you just help the barb agro trash towards wizard or witch doctor depending on what the trash killer is

Pe3eWe3e is clearing 150’s with his S6 RGK. The highest 4P group that you had a DH in (that I found) was a 140, and it looks like your DH used a Travelers Pledge. Have I missed something?

150’s is a joke everyone can do them my highest is 150 not 140 lol think your miss stood if you go on the NA ull see my name there as zmonk with the 150 not botherd to get a faster time whats the need can’t go any higher since its the cap you can do 150’s with any class

znecro, zbarb, starpact wizard, crusader (rgk)
zmonk. witch doctor firebats or spirt barrage, thorns necro, zbarb
zmonk, Impale DH, zBarb, starpact wizard
so many diffrent ways you could do that same with 3player and 2player

Yes, I saw your 150’s, but you stated that Squirts is a good choice for RGK, I question that statement.

Your highest LB clear that has a DH in the party is a 140, and that DH used TP.

I was just wondering since you said Squirts is better, where it is on the LB?