Shadow Impale 2.6.6 Boss Killer- build and some tips

if your looking at a record of 140 you gotta check the date that sounds old im guessing Kest or Blue is the DH? or some random who was 1k pragon?

So you do have a GR150 clear with a Shadow DH who used Squirts?

squirts is the same as travelers pledge / compos rose but no damage reduction while movin witch is fine you gain toughness from the sentry and aquila and do i have a record with it no d3planner . com/668329119 you prob wont like them setups either

If you guys have figured out a way to overcome the fact that most ground effects, even with a shield pylon, drop the Squirts buff and render it useless, Iā€™d really like to know how you did it.

I think you forgot that with squirtā€™s, you take extra damage and the damage buff goes away if you get hit.

Youā€™d have to move around a lot to avoid getting hit which means less time spent on attacking. Itā€™s going to require a lot of skill and teamwork to pull it off.

Taking Illusory boots over Flavor of time and Magefist makes no sense.

1 Like

you have sentry for 25% then ignore pain and monks defences along side your own defence from augments and paragon super tanky if you get hit its gonna recharge backup just watch the buff its the same with compas rose and travelers when you walk the damage goes down when you stand still the damage goes up

you have 3 other players wearing it so you donā€™t need to wear it mage fist is only element % not worth the boots just alows you to bring another buff like marked for death and wolf so no vault with vault you gotta lose a buff canā€™t have both

@Pe3eWe3e, could you please have a look on my profile at my seasonal DH BK (named Daenerys) and tell me what I could improve? I did a GR135 so far in a meta group and I wonder if I can do 140 like this. Thanks!
PS: I play this character on the European server, so you might need to replace us with eu in the link to see it

Here you goā€¦
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Altair-2253/hero/120136586

1 Like

Pretty nice gear. Rings could be better.

Didnā€™t check BPs - but with 18% IAS quiver you should miss the next BP (unless you have an IAS buff from the group), if I remember correctly. 65 gear IAS would be needed - and I think you are below that. Looks like 64? Check in tools.

Thatā€™s about ~8% less damage on RG in a 2 min fight (depending on how long it takes).

Passives allow for more damage (steady aim?) - if you can survive without awareness.

But have no plan about RGK group play!

1 Like

Avoid area damage anywhere on gear. This will get you kicked from the party. Area damage causes lag for the wiz and they can miss their timing to drop the meteor. Exchange it for attach speed instead.

karleiā€™s point MUST have 7 attack speed. 6 attack speed wonā€™t help you reach the breakpoints. when you decide whether to reroll for attack speed or damage, always pick attack speed. Ofcourse, itā€™s even better to have both.

You donā€™t have the 2 piece Aughild set equiped which is what this thread is about -.-

1 Like

I would love to see this Squirts variant used in 145+. One video or something. I want to see survivability on boss.

Steady Aim in place of Awareness or Ambush?

What is the S6 RGKā€™s job during most of the GR?

Steady Aim instead of Awareness. Like that we are hands down faster. High risk, high reward. Maybe even with no Steady Aim but that has to be tested.

Important thing is that Erethon is above average Rift Guardian for Thorns Necro.

Our main job during Rift is to give Mark For Death and Wolf for each Bazooka rotation. Also stay alive with conduit.

You give wolf 6 seconds before his Arcane cycle on COE rotation. But only when he is about to shoot. Wolf is lasting 10 seconds. Like that you cover his fire cycle on COE rotation, (that is when he is shooting meteor to spawn oculus ring buff) and you also cover full Arcane cycle on COE rotation (that is when he is doing main damage).

To give wolf at a right time he needs to tell you when he is shooting first few times. Or you can simple see when damage is done. After that it is easy to know when he is on Fire/Arcane because you can track your COE rotation that also has 4x4sec cycles. So if his boom was on your cold rotation it will alywas be on your cold rotation.

We can give buffs for each Bazooka boom because there are 32 seconds between each. That means that they are using every second Arcane cycle rotation on COE due to cool-down on skills.

Since we are playing with Barb in party who is using Executioner Axe, your job might also be to bring elites that are 12-13% HP to under 10%. That depends of the party, GR difficulty, your damage and ability to position yourself right next to elite to be able to hit it ofc.

Bottom line is that you really need to understand other party members role in the group and what they do. If you do understand that it is really easy to understand how you can help.

3 Likes

In next season with 2 WW barbs and 1 RGK would you prefer 4th to be zbarb or zmonk? Cheers!

Build for speed running and exp farm is different.

Obviously, but what would you as DH impale prefer as support? (that only ofc if they nerf Angels, if they donā€™t nobody will need RGK anymore at least next season ^^).

Hard to say really. I would probably go with only 1 WW.

types of damage modifiers get multiplied differently
30% elite damage is not the same as 30% damage