Settling the Public Loot debate

Yea, vacuum loot since you can’t specifically target a single item in a bunch fast enough over a M+KB player like highlight a set item and then your inventory is full from vacuuming worthless loot.

1 Like

That’s still like an artist saying they would change their most priceless painting. It’s irrelevant.

Only if that artists wants to change it because the colors he wanted to use for the painting weren’t invented yet like the personal loot system wasn’t.

web.archive(dot)org/web/20001110132600/(http)://www.battle (dot)net/forums/diablo2-strategy/

Let’s find out!

Unfortunately, The Wayback Machine doesn’t have the total history of a website archived. Only snippets. Besides the personal loot system in gaming wasn’t even invented yet. D2 was released in 2000 and was being developed in the 90’s.

How can you try to settle a discussion and start with “D2 always was about…” and name something, that was never part of the game?

Weird, man… weird.

If it was always part of the game, then don’t change it. That’s what you say: the existing loot system defines D2. So stick with it.

It’s not an improvement though. Let me explain why:

it sure belongs in a game like this, its a shame it has not been patched into the ORIGINAL game yet.

there can be both FFA and private loot, get so butthurt

man stop the darn arguments about LEECHING!!! so fkin tired of seeing them, many times from you aswell.

you can litterly run around NOW And get 100% of the loot by doing nothing.

so what if someone slacks behind, dont play with them more.

1 Like

As well others of ploot.

So how about you dont play with others who doing nothing?

so all i se is, you can break Tos, lets not try to come up with an ide to fix it so people cant break Tos.or an ide how to spott people breaking tos. but lets make a whole new game. (not only implement p-loot). alot of people want other stuff also. rifts.better drop rate. drop monster immune, corupt items. and alot more. wher does it stop.

why not throw pvp out? because you can break Tos in pvp to. heck just drop D2R. you can break Tos. must make sence to all the people who complain all the time.

ohh yer. what to do in uno? you can cheat ther also. make all the cards in to winners so no one loses?

Reason, you brought up a good point for those that think quickly about oh well this is a major aspect of the original game and can’t be touched. You are challenging one of the major roadblocks by make us pause and challenge that paradigm.

If you have an advantage, whatever that may be, hardware, physical, mental, technology, location you will feel confident in your actions. If you have an unfair advantage via third party apps, you are creating a toxic environment for others. Unfortunately, I have seen players brag about this just to kick people when they are down and not get punished for it.

Will Blizzard be able to

A) guarantee a hack free fair gaming environment?
And
B) are they willing to invest large sums of capital and labor to monitor and fight off hackers, cheaters etc?
Or
C) create an environment that deters toxic play?

I think we need to be honest with ourselves. In any sport or game, if there is a way of getting an advantage via cheating and you think you cant get caught, someone will always try to gain the upper hand.

I love responses like this because when the devs or people in power read it, I would think that after reading such a comment they would say “Hmm this poster did not contribute and good argument that refutes the original posters argument. Let’s go with the well-argued statement instead. So, thank you for you forum thread bump.

It sure is, but this is the NEW D2R, no one is touching D2 so dont worry its safe for you.

That’s not a bad idea, even if personal loot was not added, this would be a welcomed change. This is just another version of loot filter though.

I don’t know what will happen, but the more players we have the more loot gets created in the economy with time. My concern is that if seasonal play is not available right away, some players will not start a new character or will just wait by playing single player. If that’s the case you will have a smaller economy with less items to trade.

Thats the devs job, not yours. We are here to support them with ideas, but they will make the final call.

You know a lot of people said the same thing when overwatch forced role locks, but in the end, it was the best thing for the game. Yes, you lost a lot of winey complainers, but it was necessary to save the game and keep it competitive and fair. To be frank, we lost a lot of toxic players due to that change, good riddance! I know overwatch is different from D2R but the concept is the same. Do what is right for the game’s future success. D2 will still be there afterall.

Another good point!

Savage response! :laughing:

This is an unreasonable request and expectation to have. Blizzard is a big company, but they cannot fight thousands of individual hackers/programmers. It does not make good business sense to invest so much capital and labor into fighting cheaters. Its much easier to create a cheat free environment that encourages fair play.

I would gander that they fear that they would be in the minority on this. We human beings are social creatures that crave to be part of a group, its in our DNA. Deep down they must know that if you offer a causal player (the bulk of new customers) the option FFA or Personal loot, the commonsense player will most likely choose personal loot, because this is what they are used to. Perhaps the purists want to have the illusion of control by forcing others to play the way they play. D2 has a lot of toxic behaviors like griefing by PK (The act of one player intentionally disrupting another player’s game experience for personal pleasure and possibly potential gain.) finding way to pick up items in an unfair way. Trading exploits etc. The more you take away from these acts the more you change the toxic behavior availability to these players. Some people enjoy having that fear of being scammed or hostiled mid gameplay, but in the end this bad carma will carry forward onto other players.

Oh I foresee RocknRolla responding to this post and wrecking it!

Yess, I love this poster! They just dont learn. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Its not even a D3 things, they just do it well. Nothing wrong with incorporating good ideas from other games to fix blatantly broken and outdated loot systems.

Already addressed, toxic players will leave opening new opportunities for new players to come in and fill that spot.

4 Likes

Here is another free bump for you lol

What is this wall of text

Tl:dr

Get to the point…

I don’t know why the discussion about the system needs to stop and i also don’t understand how a new topic about the same system contributes to stopping it.

Oh yes just excludes the people from diablo 2 R who love diablo 2? :joy:
When the minority screams, it seems louder than the majority.

Fortunately, Blizzard doesn’t listen to the minority, they don’t want to destroy the community and neither do the game.
Thank you God.

That it will not be changed was conveyed from the beginning. Why do you want to change that now just because a few howlers have played too much diablo 3 and can no longer cope with diablo 2?

If you want a different loot system then go to the Blizzard Shop and buy diablo 3

1 Like

Show me a game with such a community after 20 years. None of what you say has happened so far.
Diablo 2 lives to this day even without a loot change.
never change a running system

More accurate to try and claim its not dead… that would make it undead rather than alive.

D2 is a zombie an animated corpse… a shadow of its former self.

The logic is not “they have a community” - the logic is how BIG it could have been were it not so toxic.

Imagine helping kill all the mobs, but the experience is not forcefully shared by all, but instead it drops as “experience bubbles” and the person who clicks it first (or who has an auto-click hack) gets all the experience each time while everyone else gets almost none in spite of all their equal effort helping. It would be just as ridiculous and just as toxic.

1 Like

Ehm, no that’s not true, because you will not get a lot of stuff… it is more efficient to farm on your own, which most likely is not the case with ploot. So I won’t stop the argument about leeching, as it is a valid concern.

Idk if you played a lot of tomb runs the last days… but there is not a single game, in which you can just run all tombs. People join your game, kill only some uniques (alone, without opening TPs, avoiding the group) to get as much exp as they can get. You can’t avoid it.

Similar thing: look at the amount of games called „need rush“ on the D2 ladder. A lot of people will leech and use advantages as much as they can. You can’t just avoid that.

Do you think, Blizzard north was stupid? Ofc people could think of such a system. It’s not like super creative. The team back then was more than David Brevik and although they were created this masterpiece with a lot of skill and love for it, some things turned out to be genius, even though they haven’t planned it.

Only because David Brevik doesn’t see, why Shared loot has huge advantages in D2, doesn’t mean, that it is a flawed system.

I think in modern games ploot works perfectly well. But here it doesn’t, for several reasons.

Lol how it is cheat free environment when with ploot you just give legit loot for bots? xD

1 Like

Imagine personal loot being so popular there are exactly zero D2 multiplayer mod servers with it. drops mic

1 Like

Your logic is so unbelievable, that I honestly think you are trolling me. :+1:

1 Like