Seeker of the Light. Some thoughts

I wrote this idea in PTR Feedback:

I don’t mind the number of items for Blessed Hammer. The unused ones can become we rune specific boosters giving more distinct play styles to Seeker of the Light.

Jace’s Hammer of Vigilance: help Brute Force by increasing its explosion radius and damage. Bigger, slower, exploding hammers.

Justinian’s Mercy: turns the hammer into the S27 Angelic effect, straight line attack, heavy 50 wrath cost per attack, increases damage by 900%, too expensive for Gabriel’s Vambraces and forces the player to use Blessed of Haull (only granting the returning hammer path) until the CoE cycle where you can manually cast your own gammets. May be able to use RCR items and zodiac w/ provoke to get the full hammer path all the time.

Faithful Memory would be nice uncapped, but this results in single target damage seeming terrible if you were to push into the 140s, so really this has to be countered with a bump to Guard of Johanna’s first 3 target bonus.

Sacred Harness can raise damage via Falling Sword. Either % damage to Hammers or do something clever like the S27 Monk Bells Angelic effect where you cast Falling Sword, it leaves a Sword in the ground and you hit it with Hammers to release some very strong lightning pulses as Blessed Hammer damage.

I’d probably set the damage values like so:

• Johanna’s Argument: 100% damage/attack speed (unchanged)
  • Guard of Johanna: 500% first 3 enemies
  • Faithful Memory: Uncapped
  • Jace’s Hammer: 400% and 15 yards
  • Justinian’s Mercy: 900% at 50 wrath
  • Sacred Harness: 100% to Blessed Hammer with Sword object that releases pulses to enemies within 20 yards.

So when you factor in these items, the mix-and-match combos may look like this:

• Johanna’s Argument + Faithful Memory + CC3 (holy)
  • Johanna’s Argument + Faithful Memory + Sacred Harness (lightning)
  • Jace’s + Faithful Memory + CC3 (physical)
  • Justinian + Jace’s + Blessed Haull (physical)
  • Justinian + Faithful Memory + CC3 (holy)
  • Justinian + Faithful Memory + Sacred Harness (lightning)

Of course the Seeker set could use 75% DR to make surviving GR140+ feasible.

Is it just back and forth movement or rotateing arounnd the character also?

Either this or it could suck in enemies in a radius, onto the impact point.

How about swaping FS to Consec. and reworking FS items for Consec synergy? Or what would be a better way to deal with the clunkyness? I think faster descending also could work for FS, and then no complete rework is neccary, or simply increasing CDR?

Absolutely, since it’s not a melee build/set it’s a caster build/set.

It depends on which rune you pick on S27. All but Dominion will shoot straight out, pause for a moment, then boomerang back. I do like this as an alternative, but it has to be made stronger than Spirals. It is actually feels like a nerf in season.

Only if Consecration gave travel utility: DR, Run Speed and Passibility.

Falling Sword has a rune that reduces its own cooldown based on how many targets are hit. What if the 4pc set bonus expanded this?

2pc:
Blessed Hammer now crackles with energy and deals 480% weapon damage to enemies within 15 yards of its path. All runes but Dominion now throw the hammer in a direct path in front of the Crusader. Blessed Hammer damage is increased by 10% for each enemy it passes through.

4pc:
You take 60% less damage for 8 seconds and reduce the cooldown of your skills by 6 seconds after landing with Falling Sword. Each enemy hit further lessens damage taken by 1% up to a maximum of 75%.

• The 2pc is the Season 27 effect, and the lightning effect will be almost as strong as the strikes from Limitless. We give it the Bone Spear treatment with increasing damage per enemy hit including when it boomerangs. Meaning, the enemy directly in front of you will still take the most damage via Guard of Johanna.

• Build with 66% CDR, and cast Falling Sword twice within 20 seconds to ensure 100% AC uptime. Also, 1 cast will refresh your Law, Iron Skin (steel skin) – Provoke requires less than 1 second and Falling Sword requires 3-4 seconds unless you choose the Rapid Descent rune and hit 4+ enemies.

How about expanding FS radius, or adding an effect that pulls enemies in the AoE? Also i’m not talking about faster FS between 2 FS but the animation itself could be faster, jumping up than falling down.

I think if multiple hammers can be shot out, around the caster and not just one where the char faces, could help BH, because it would be single target also. And if the out than back motion is paired with a rotating motion, it could also hit in a wider path piercing through monsters. It spirals out straigtish to a certain distance, than back, in a thin oval course. Now imagine this with 8 hammers at the same time. Or this is too over the top?

That works, but it has to be tight.

To boost defense we could also give it some zDPS treatment:

After casting Falling Sword, gain the active effect for all Laws including these runes: Unstoppable Force, Wings of Angels and Decaying Strength.

That is pretty an awesome buff right there, shove that on the 4pc. It frees up a skill on the bar too.

I like this too. How about this? On Sacred Harnes.

Cast Consecration at the landing point of Falling Sword that followes the caster and gives 50% damage reduction.

1 Like

This build is getting better and better.