Seeker of the Light and Other Crusader Feedback

Good afternoon,

I want to share some feedback regarding changes to Crusader. The most important topic of discussion being Seeker of the Light.

Faithful Memory and Seeker of the Light

The Seekers of the Spotlight community segment hoped for more substantial patch notes around this old favorite. Without any mention of a bug fix to Hammer Jammers, many speculated it’d be repaired because this patch is centered around balance, and well… Blessed Hammer is one of the weakest builds in the game.

I spent a short session polishing my Seekers gear, and cleared GR132 at 6800 paragon non-season, not different from my best clear on live. The Quality of Life from the Faithful Memory revision made it easier to play and I was able to get to GR132 quickly.

:+1: The Good

• Recasting Falling Sword will grow your Faithful Memory stack count.
  • Single Target boss fights are MUCH better, because previous stacks are preserved and it doesn’t recalculate based on the current Falling Sword.

:-1: The Bad

• Despite easier gameplay, the build is very weak and the damage just isn’t there. In optimal conditions, my first 3 hammer hits land for 220 Trillion Damage, the rest strike for 63 Trillion. It’s just not enough damage compared to the newly buffed Blessed Shield, which can initially strike targets for 1200 Trillion in the same conditions.
  • The build is very fragile, which might be less of an issue when the Altar arrives.
  • The Falling Sword animation is a little too slow.

Recommendation
The residual damage after the first 3 hits feels quite weak, but at this point, I’d just give Seeker’s 6pc bonus the same damage buff as Roland’s ~40,000%. Let the player decide how to make the build more survivable.

Roland’s Legacy

The buff to the 4pc is good. The best Roland clears will require a ton of fishing to be relevant, there’s room to increase damage a little further -consider 47,000% - thank you.

Akkhan’s Manacle and Blessed Shield

This build feels exceptional and fun. While not the strongest, it is in a decent spot, but still a few tiers below LoD Bombardment. Thank you.

Blade of Prophecy and Condemn

It needed a nerf, the feel of this build remains the same. Thank you

Aegis of Valor

The nerf to Aegis of Valor wasn’t helpful for the goal of Class Balance. Heaven’s Fury and Fist of the Heavens were well balanced in comparison to the best and worst Crusader builds. Please consider reverting the 6pc back to the original 20,000% damage value. I will use this set for speeds regardless, but I have no desire to dust off Heavens Fury to barely clear GR140.

3 Likes

This would be so welcome.

I would also like to see a change to Seeker’s 2p bonus. Change it how Roland’s 2p bonus works.

Currently: Every use of Blessed Hammer that hits an enemy, reduces the cooldown of Falling Sword and Provoke by 1 sec.

My wish: Every use of Blessed Hmmer, reduces the cooldown of Falling Sword an Provoke by 1sec.

We could jump on enemies with FS more constantly, speeding up building stacks with Faithful Memory.

I also still think the supporting lego istems should me merged (theres just too much and some never used), helping the set to be more fluid, and fun to play.

1 Like

The Devs’s modification of Faithful Memory is excellent, but unfortunately let’s monitor the PTR Ladder,the seeker’s power is still lower than expectations. I also recommend seeker set 6P bounus 15000% → 40000% to ensure that the seeker set reaches A tier.

2 Likes

Many thanks for your precious feedback, dmkt :+1:

I very much hope that the devs will take it into account.

Undoubtedly, the Seeker Light hammer is the weakest in all classes and requires buff 7 GR urgently.