Seeker of Light Needs a Couple Serious Boosts

So…in addition to paragon grinding, I have been experimenting with the Hammerdin (SoL) build a bit…

In my opinion, Seeker of Light is one of the the most fun builds to play of all Crusader options in Diablo III. Sadly, this build also needs a solid 10-GRlevel boost in damage to be at all meaningful and a 25-50% damage absorption added on top of the special defensive arrangements, which I am using. What special arrangements, I hear you ask? Well, see my Legendary gem on the Necklace, choice of Bracers to match, and secondary affixes on Shoulders, Belt, Pants, and Boots.

Despite all that, as it stands now (June 2021), defensively speaking, this thing is like a wet paper bag. Dune Dervish type mobs simply kill you - not wear you down, not threaten you - just kill you in an instant. Those moments are too frustrating to edit and post, so I picked a run where mobs (and thus results) are a lot more amiable. But make no mistake, add another 10 GRs-worth of increased mob damage (you know, GR 145+) and this build is a defensive train wreck.

For your reference, here is the link (all skills and equipment are shown at the end of the run):

https://youtu.be/sWbIxourqmI

–H

5 Likes

Totally agree!

Can I add that it would be nice to have a Falling Sword bonus bigger than a paltry 1000%? Cam’s Rebuttal could use a multiplier too. That way there could be an alternative way to play SotL, with hammers recharging FS for some sweet AoE explosions.

2 Likes

Here here for some falling sword love. Amazing skill in concept but just hamstrung in cost requirement, and cooldowns with no real benefits.

Would love to see some itemization for it. Especially a shoulder slot.

2 Likes

It would be more fun if it played like leapquake.

1 Like

An old thread on this topic:

I suggested some multipliers for a Falling Sword build. But this thread goes in depth on which item should be buffed to help hammers.

3 Likes

This set is clearly a loserrrr set…#once bitten twice shy…#never again…ughh

Id be down with an overhaul. Ive been playing a lod thornes sader with blessed hammer. In my head im pretending to hammerdin lol.

The official/accepted name for the LoD Hammer Thorns sader build is H-Bomb

See here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/h-bomb-by-harnor-for-patch-270/31968/40

Can anyone explain H-Bomb :smiley:

Take the H from Blessed Hammer.
Take the Bomb from Bombardment.
Combine them into a portmanteau word H-Bomb.

Yea, but whats the benefit of running hammers? to proc zodiac cd more often?

Quickly building up stacks of Bane of the Stricken on the Guardian, maybe?

Hammers+Zodiac ring produce:

1. Significantly more frequent Bombardment cooldown/delivery;
  2. Up to 100% (depending on your build efficiency) Iron Skin up-time. This, in turn, means 50% damage reduction and 3x damage increase to thorns (see Reflective Skin rune);
  3. Perma uptime on Akarat’s Champion;
  4. Super fast healing/hit;
  5. A very efficient Rift Guardian killing rig (Bane of the Striken is really put to use here).
1 Like

Cool, sounds pretty fun compared to running around on ur horse and dropping bombs. Is it based on LoN i pressume

This would make the set way better.