Season Themes 19-22

Greetings!

One year ago we were suggesting ideas for seasons 15-18. To some extent, some of our wishes were heard. I will rescue the topic from the old forums so we can suggest themes for the upcoming seasons. I’ll grap the ones I like from there and post them here. What kind of theme you would like?

Season of Chaos
Double elites and bosses outside grifts. For increased chaos and excitement all elites spawn with another elitepack or boss.

Season of Nemesis
On very rare occasions, extremely powerful ubers spawn outside rifts and drop guaranteed primal item. Also, primal droprate is increased outside rifts.

Season of Ancients
Legendary and set item drop rates are reduced 80% from total value but all drops are guaranteed ancients or better. This actually improves chances of getting ancients. No junk legs, quality only.

Season of Perseverance
If you don’t die during Greater Rift, you get 2 extra gem upgrades. Also empowering grants 2 upgrades but it costs twice as much.

Fellow players’ suggestions:

Season of Nemesis 2
EVERY shrine/pylon triggers a yellow.

Season of god damn paragon cap
Paragon is capped at some level. ---- after Paragon 1000, instead of getting points to spend on attributes, you’d get enough resources for 1 reforge roll per every paragon level gained after 1000

Season of Pets
All pets that pick up gold drop a legendary item for every 200,000 gold picked up, with a chance of dropping a primal.

Season of Lore
Story mode now grants the following buffs. Increased legendary drop rate, Double Exp, Increased Gold Drop…Basically as many buffs as necessary to make story worth playing.

Season of Hardcore
You can only make a hardcore character.
You can only make 1 character for the season and if it dies you are disqualified. After you die, you can start a softcore seasonal character.

Season of Leoric’s Madness
RROG now reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 2 (previously 1) (to a minimum of 2).

3 Likes

Don’t bother, DJ is a troll

9 Likes

As proposed before, season of Ramaladni: you can use gifts to socket rings and amulets. The question is, could these socketed items carry to non-seasonal or not…

3 Likes

Yeah, someone who started a D2 remastered thread shouldn’t call anyone else a troll.

Besides, he’s right. Other than Chaos, these ideas are terrible.

2 Likes

That could be even a patch note. However, what about :

Season of Urshi
Legendary gems may now be used in all sockets. :smile:

Season of Lore needs to be a permanent buff, not a seasonal buff.

3 Likes

No just no, just moar powah creep and bad game design.

Better solution:

Season of F You*

• Rifts and Greater Rifts only have Elite packs, each have 10 affixes, regenerate 2% of life per seconds and attack with all affixes at once every 2 seonds and deal 100% more damage and drop NO progress globes after killed (Rift and Greater Rift Guardians regenerate 2% life as well).
  • All your cooldowns and resource costs are increased by 100%
  • You can only get ONE legendary or set item per Rift and 2 items per Greater Rift Guardian and 1 chance to upgrade legendary gem
  • All your damage is reduced by 25% and Experience, Gold awards reduced by 50%.
  • Rifts can only spawn ONE Goblin (no packs)
  • You get 50% less crafting materials from bounty caches
  • Primals are removed for the duration of the season
  • Keywardens only drop 1 infernal machine no matter the difficulty
  • Rift Guardains only drop 1 Greater Rift key, 1 Death Breath, 1 forgotten soul no matter the difficulty
  • You no longer benefit from the primary stat in Paragon System (no more extra strength, dexterity or intelligence from paragon)
  • Monsters outside rifts and greater rifts deal 200% more damage and all regenerate 1% life per second
  • Your max movement speed is now 12% for the duration of the season (legendary effects extending the cap don’t work)
  • The Caldesann’s Despair recipe doesn’t work for the duration of season and all other recipies require 200% more crafting materials
  • Ramaladni’s Gift no longer drops in season

Here ya go all against more power creep players wet dream… :roll_eyes:

*sarcasm off

2 Likes

What you mean by forcing people to play HC?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. What kind of seasonal theme would you like?

1 Like

The caldesann’s despair recipe would be removed for the duration of the season and max paragon level cap would be 1000. Honestly this should be a permanent thing for seasons. This way we would actualy see how STRONG all the Top leaderboards builds really are and s.c.r.e.w. all botters or cheaters ^^

The only thing left for botters would be bounties, no more endless rift, grift runs and ridiculous high paragon levels per season for them or anyone else who tags along.

When season ends all players would gain 500 (half of 1000) to none season paragon transfered instead of experience based like now…

Botters or cheaters could only run rifts in greater rifts in none season, but honestly no one cares about none season anyway…

This way we could measure the real strength of our builds, not based on GRs finished with 2k+ para and 500+ caldesann’s despair…

Probably one Season Theme they could do is Season of Hellfire.

How they do it I don’t know. It wouldn’t change much. But they will come up with something better. I could only think about every Rift, Grift you join you are granted three random passive effects.

Probably want to much. But I hope they do something more with Ubers. :slight_smile: Waiting for great changes in Season 19 that’s then I can play to the fullest.

1 Like

cool seasons, good ideas

2 Likes

Ah, yes, the scorched earth policy. Fantastic.

/slap

Random passives in a GR don’t help - you’re already optimized with your gear and passives, and you couldn’t change anything to take advantage of them anyway because GRs lock your character until it’s finished.

Ah, yes, afraid you can’t do endless rifts or grifts with your botting or cheating buddies on your second account, are we?

It’s easy to use 1 account for forums purpose only with low paragon level and other strictly for game to bot all day and night long with your mates…

Maybe I’m wrong, but wouldn’t surprise If not. Your reaction to my post clearly says it all…

1 Like

Oh, definitely wrong. Wrong enough that it borders on willful stupidity.

I don’t have a second account, nor do I cheat. Nice try, though.

Apparently not glad enough to realize that a Paragon cap doesn’t fix anything.

Nerfing would only drive players AWAY from Seasons, which is the last thing they want to do.

2 Likes

Exactly. Anything that punishes legit players is never a valid option.

There’s only one valid solution to cheaters, regardless of the method of cheating: ban them on sight.

1 Like

Only most dedicated players, no lifers, botters or cheaters play season, most get borred after reaching 800-1200 paragon level or finishing season journey…

1 Like

Lmao good luck with that, if Blizz did that and BAN all botters and cheaters there would be barely anyone to play with at least in pubs…