Season Themes 19-22

I like some ideas, but which most i like is the Paragon limit on season and the 2 reduce set piece by RoRG or something similar (that Will give a lot of diversity in builds)

Anyway i’d like to see a season where all Vanilla sets (IK, Inna, Zunimassa, Natalya, Tal-Rasha) automatically activate after reaching level 70 in season (with the current set powers) probably is too much power creep, but how the Game is full of bots i don’t mind to be honest, i just want to see diversity by using 2-3 6Sets at the same time

PD: to give some love for Barbarian
-Season of Barbarians: now barbs can Carry 2-2H weapons. Feel the real force of Bul Khatos!!

So? Cheating is cheating, no matter the form it takes. Blizzard should enforce the rules they themselves set.

If banning cheaters on sight means barely any players left, then that’s fine. No matter how small the playerbase would shrink, at least then the remaining players left would be legit. Isn’t that more important in the long run?

1 Like

And how would capping Paragon and disabling Caldesaan make things less boring?

God awful suggestions the whole lot. You are one of those people that thinks ancients/primals are the end all be all don’t cha? Do you ever stop to think that these changes simply defeats the purpose of a looting game? Just try to look at the bigger picture for a sec. Imagine these changes being implemented. Yes, you will feel good for a couple of weeks or a month while being able to get maxed out gear for your characters. What will you do when you have maxed out gears? You will then be done with the game. I can assure you that Bliz will never make such an update to the game, ever. Just imagine people that plays the game for a much longer period than yourself.

You want my two cents on a new theme for seasons? GO back to vanilla days. Hell yeah, thats where the real difficulty is. Do you even know what vanilla feels like? Those were the days where finding a legendary actually feels exciting. Not the total garbage rain drops you have today. Imagine a looting game that does not give you any satisfaction when a legendary drops. What a joke.

Hey Bliz, wished you have some balls to say “You dont like that we nerf it? Deal with it.” AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND, by doing a bad job of balancing item/sets in your new patches.

Oh this item is overpowered? Let me fix that by making this other item overpowered then? Oh this item is overpowered? Let me fix that by making this other item overpowered then? Oh this item is overpowered? Let me fix that by making this other item overpowered then?

Ofc you get no satisfaction from a legendary drop if its crap almost all the time that ends up as a forgotten soul.

You miss the point that even if Blizz increased the primal drop rate to 25% from 1% and ancients to 50% it still wouldn’t change anything unless every legendary without an effect would get one. By getting a legendary effect I mean such one that opens the possibility for exciting new builds capable of doing T16 at lower paragon level.

If every legendary, set items and legendary gems were buffed to easily farm T13-T16 we would have a headache from all the possible new builds.

Even if Blizz did buff all items to be able to run T13-T16 smoothly, it would raise the problem of where to store them especialy if you play with more than 1 class…

This problem could be easily solved if they added 1 full stash to every (loot) pet we have. Hell there was even an inventory idea for pets in data mined sources (pictures). If you play D3 from day one you know what I mean.

Don’t expect anything revolutionary from Blizz anymore, cause if the rumor is true and they really work on D4, than small buffs here and there and added legendary effects to items is the only thing we can count on…

1 Like

season of shrines

When killing enemies, you have a chance to gain the effect of a random shrine

in addition, goblin shrines show up more often

as well as a chance to find a new shrine that will open a portal to one of 3 places
the cow level, the realm of greed, or whimsyshire/dale

1 Like

I am advocating here for nothing, but I assume that future themes will be partially something creative like this seasons Triune theme, as well as themes that are in the spirit of some of the previous themes that gave us effects of certain legendaries for free.

I could imagine something like:

• Season of the Nemesis (shrines and pylons spawn an elite pack)
  • Season of Flavor / of Time (Pylons last twice as long)
  • Season of Fury (gain the new Echoing Fury effect for free)
  • Season of Johan (gain the vortex pull effect from the Ess of Johan amulet for free)
  • Season of the Endless Walk
  • etc…

I mean, just look through some of the legendaries and minor sets and you will probably find some potential future season themes, but I also like to see more creative stuff like Triune…

3 Likes

I still want to see:

Season of Kanai: You have a fourth cube slot to use any item of your choice.

Would open up many new builds as well as buffing existing ones.
Sure it is power creep but as far as seasonal buffs go i think it would be much more interesting.

2 Likes

I sometimes miss how brutal the OG inferno was. Vanilla D3 has a lot of issues but I think it also did something right.

These days there are too much instant gratification. I actually find haedrig gift to be a terrible addition as it essentially eliminate a lot of that progression towards endgame since 6 piece bonus is way too strong. I stopped retrieving the headrig gifts.

The problem with OG Inferno was that your progress wasn’t so much based on skill as much as how lucky you got with ilvl 63 items dropping (and items in general, so you could sell them). And most progress was also based on bugs, like Wizard Force Armor.

It wasn’t a good progression system at all.

1 Like

Nice to see that future themes spawn discussion. Remember to describe what kind of theme you would like if none of the suggested themes please you.

Season of Greed find 10 goblins before the stack buff of each kill expires ,greed comes for her revenge.

1 Like

Here is my suggestion for tweaks: (forgive me if they sound ridiculous, I am a noob).
Season of Ramalamadingdong
Above a certain diff lvl or Rift lvl you no longer get blue and gray drops (green, yellow, orange only). Blues and grays are useless above a certain lvl.
Gold drops lvl up with the player. (maybe this is already happening but sometimes I get a gold drop of 100, other times 10,000 on Torment IV.) Come on, at Torment IV you should get minimum $10K gold drop.
More locations to go to in the “lands”. Now there is like 10 locations. Should be 30 or more.
Weapon stands in the dungeon have a chance to give you yellow and oranges, not just grays and blues.
Stats lvl up with difficulty lvl. (e.g, you get a 5% bump in stats for each diff lvl above normal). Right now, no matter what diff lvl I play at, my stats stay the same.
Elites drop better items than not elites. (Right now, I am seeing elites dropping blues and grays, the same as non-elites.) It seems like the only diff between elites and not-elites, is only elites drop death’s breath. Elites should drop more ancients and primals especially in the torment lvls.
There should be armor/weapon/ring powers that increase your second globe power (whatever that is). Right now you only get Life increases (life/sec, life/hit, life/kill). I am Wizard so Arcane is my second globe. Per the Arcane Reg/Sec stat, I can increase it with “skills and items” but I have never come across an item that says “Arcane +XXX regen /sec/hit/kill” only “+5 Arcane”) I know something regens my arcane, because sometimes as I am using it, it will jump up for some reason, but I don’t know what is doing it.
Merchants sell things higher than grays, blues and yellows. Those are the only things I see. Never, legendary, ancient, primal. Maybe my lvl is too low to see those, but I play at Torment IV.
Gold Cost of Empower GRs is WAY too high. So I have to pay $3million to play an empower GR on Torment V JUST to get one more upgrade opportunity? Ridicul.

Something that brings unpredictability and excitement to seasons.

No buffs, for starters. But rather something borrowed from consoles, and evolved.

I like the Nemesis feature as a concept but the whole thing is rather tiresome and relies only on toon deaths.

How about something similar that instead opens a rift in Sanctuary’s reality, creating portals that spawn old enemies & bosses from the first 2 games, or portals that lead to single-level dungeons which are areas from the first 2 games or brand new zones that were scrapped from D3 but still exist somewhere, waiting to be recycled.

Like realities colliding after the events of RoS, which affected the fabric of the Diablo universe. Would definitely make for far more unpredictable gameplay than some boring tired permanent buff.

That’s rich coming from you, Mr Pot. Say hi to Kettle for me.

1 Like

What’s notable, is that we don’t have any clear favorite for the Season 19 theme. The only thing we are able to summarize from the replies is that everyone has his/her least favorite.

season of the leaderless
leaderboards are deactivated so no one will care about or even notice the botters like before the leaderboards came about.

3 Likes

It’s notable that a bunch of forum players can’t agree with each other? That’s par for the course, man.

1 Like

Make each “Boss” fight a mandatory Ancient Legendary drop with chance to make it Primal.

Hell yea.

So…
Start game
Zone to Zoltan Kulle
Kill Zoltan Kulle
Back to town
Exit game
Repeat
Full primals
Profit!

1 Like

i would really like to see a season of increased xp, for people that has actually lives.